posted 2 days ago by
Xenocrates
Deal Hunter - I Deal Therefore I Am

Target has the Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Tracker Wristband  on sale for $77.97 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: Comes in large and small and in colors: black, teal, plum, pink.

• Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart rate zones
  • Track workouts, heart rate, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes and steps
  • Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
  • See call notifications, daily stats and time of day on the OLED display
  • Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 150 leading smartphones
  • Charge HR syncs automatically and wirelessly to tablets, computers and 150+ leading iOS, Android and Windows smartphones using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. 
  • Water Resistance: Charge HR is sweat, rain and splash proof. 
  • Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. 

ReviewCNetTechradar 

Rated 4/5 stars with 361 customer reviews.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $89.95 from Nordstrom.

7 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Target clearance thread.
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 3, 2016 @ 11:53am
rated:
Never had one before. Need to check them out. Thanks, OP!

rated:
Been wanting to try one of these out. Thanks!

rated:
Can I use this stand-alone, or does it basically require connecting to a smart phone?

rated:
It's a good price for a Charge HR which is typically ~125. New models being introduced are probably leading them to clear stock.

It's best paired with a smartphone with bluetooth, and sync'ed with your account on the online fitbit site. It's good for approximating activity, and for judging duration and quality of sleep although if you like to read in bed it can think you're sleeping more than you are.

That said I had to replace my Charge HR after about 8 months and I'm not sure how much longer the replacement has left. The wristband quickly delaminates, and bubbles. My action button quit on my first one, or rather got stuck in the depressed position, rendering it useless. Fitbit did send a replacement, but a couple months in the delamination is well underway and I'm sure failure is a matter of time. I think the problems are not due to a defective product but due to design. Once this one quits perhaps I'll go for an Apple Watch instead.

rated:
I would recommend getting the Charge 2, if you don't mind spending more money. It's a lot better. My charge HR and Flex both had the same issue where the band wore out and snapped by the glass area right at a year. I missed the 1 year warranty by a month.... Others I know have had similar issues. The charge 2 allows for replaceable bands, and has a lot of cool features that make the watch fun: reminders, seeing your text messages on screen, better syncing, etc.

Still, I loved my charge HR until it broke. Just wish it would have lasted longer than a year.

rated:
gremln007 said:   Can I use this stand-alone, or does it basically require connecting to a smart phone?
I don't think you can use it standalone because the memory may get full if you don't sync it. I've seen it stop counting once on my girlfriend's fitbit, but am not sure whether it was caused by not syncing or something else. However, syncing fixed the issue. It's possible that if not syncing it was the cause of the issue, a newer firmware was released that dumps older data when the memory gets full but I wouldn't count on it. You don't need a smart phone to sync, but you do need some computer/device that supports the fitbit software and has bluetooth either built in or a USB port for the Bluetooth dongle. I typically use my desktop with the dongle, and have also used my tablet and phone which have Bluetooth built in.
​Also I second all the comments about the band falling apart and it being a design issue. The replacement I just received under warranty has a different material for the band so it's possible the issue has been fixed. Also the software is kind of crappy in my opinion. My main complaint is bad data visualization if you want to do things like correlate your heartrate to certain times of the day that you thought might be stressful. Also the heartrate sensor may not be all that accurate. Overall, I don't think it's worth the money especially if you don't want to use the software which is what you're mostly paying for. However, with all my complaints I do still use it and will continue to do so until the band falls off again. When it does, I will probably not get a Fitbit product to replace it.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016