• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks OP! I went with the 6 pack of Miso soup for $7.06 at the 15% S&S level.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E123IC/ref=vp_c_A28T6HXE0K...

rated:
I'm glad you were able to use the coupon! Their items are super convenient when you're needing a quick meal, and they have such a huge variety.

rated:
CAREFUL

They recently released "New & Improved Taste" versions of many of these products. Mostly, they have doubled the sodium, lowered the fiber, and removed flavors like shiitake extract and replaced it with cheaper sugar. Apparently it's because of a change in ownership of the company that owns this brand. Really disappointing because these used to be pretty delicious and relatively healthy.

Please be careful before ordering and check RECENT reviews.

Sorry, don't mean to TC. Just thought this might save some FWFers from unnecessary disappointment.

ETA: Here's an example of one of the reviews:
SHAME ON ANNIE CHUN!!! Packaging states "Now Tastes Even Better"..."CHECK OUT NEW NUTRITION VALUES" Wow!!! Here are the comparison nutrition values.... Old total fat .5g/New 0g - Old sodium 460 mg/New sodium 820 mg - Old carb 52 g/New carb 53 g - Old fiber 4 g /New fiber 0 g. Are you as unimpressed as I am???? Loaded with salt and no fiber. This is NOT UMAMI....SHAME ON YOU ANNIE CHUN!!!

rated:
I can confirm that this "new and improved" version of the soups SUCK! I use to eat these soups RELIGIOUSLY a few years back. They were very good. But about a year ago, they changed the formula. It taste worse now. Plus the sodium content skyrocketed. Avoid.

rated:
It is unfortunate that they are less healthy than before, but I don't think they claim to be nutritious. And taste can be so subjective so I am sure people will have very different views on the new flavor. I personally wasn't aware of the changes, so I appreciate the input! I'm sorry you guys had negative experiences with it!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016