posted 3 months ago by
homersaysdoh
Mmm beer!

Posted with ToGo

ALDI - Ambiano Professional Blender (Vitamix clone)
$69.99
https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/aldi-finds-for-november-30/nov-30-detail/ps/p/ambiano-professional-blender-1/ 

I bought one last year and have to say that I'm impressed.If you occasionally use a blender, it's easier to spend $70 on this rather than $400+ for a Vitamix.
Aldi also has a 90 day return period if you try it and don't like it.

• Powerful 1500W motor can crush, blend, puree and more
  • 8-cup BPA-free pitcher
  • 5-year warranty

19 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Still available? Thanks.

rated:
The Aldi I was in yesterday had 3 in stock

rated:
Looks like a great deal.  YouTube video comparing it to the Vitamix here

rated:
Great deal - love Aldi's deals. Good quality for a lot cheaper prices!

rated:
ketayun said:   Still available? 
 Availability varies by store. You'll have to go and check stock in person. This deal was very popular last year when it was offered for $10 more. www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1475599/

rated:
It isn't a bad little unit, and it IS a great value. I have a friend that picked one up.
From an engineering standpoint, A better comparison might be to a Montel Williams (made by Salton) Healthmaster blender.

It IS a great deal. It's better than most home consumers will ever need and the one my friend has seems reasonably long lasting
But it is NOT like a vitamix nor even close. A ford focus also bears a resemblance to a ferrari in that the both have four wheels and an engine. But there are engineering differnces, and those differences exist whether we want to believe something or not.

And if you believe facebook posts or you believe you most tube videos are made by people who who have in depth knowledge on politics, religion, whether we have been to the moon, whether vaccines work, or whether the earth is flat, you're in for a world of hurt.

rated:
Harrisonh might know more than me in regards to comparisons.
All I can say is I bought months ago, and wife was unhappy with the jar and overall build...so we returned it.
We found a $200 refurb (w/ warranty) Blendtec  with the wildside jar 
on eBay and went with that. I think the Ambiano has a 3 yr warranty, and will be a good value if you are setting a $100 budget.

rated:
Favorite thing to buy from ALDI is their cookies. Especially the Benton brand ones. Priced like store brand cookies, but much better quality.

Not sure about buying a $70 blender though, even if it is a 'clone' of a much more expensive model.  From the Youtube video it's kinda clear they're not really comparable.  The Ambiano was kinda struggling to crush the ice and he had to help it along with the pusher, and it still wasn't finished when he stopped.  The Vitamix just ripped through the ice in maybe 8 seconds (?), while the Ambiano took 3x at long (and still wasn't finished!)

rated:
I'll take a look. Thanks

rated:
thanks very much 

rated:
FW1001
That Blendtec 
will last you a lifetime and produce superb results. You'll be able to pass it down to your children, and it will STILL be superb.
​I'm a semi-retired chef/line cook and so I have a bit of experience with vitamix, blentec, oster, waring commercial and HB commercial. Not everyone needs on of that caliber. This is good enough for most people. And not everyone can afford, nor needs the reliability of a vitamix or Blendtec 
But if you dollar cost average a 7 year blender versus a 40 year blender, yours is actually a better value, plus you'll enjoy the better quality in the meantime as well.

This is a big step up from a nutribullet or a ninja

rated:
I miss Aldi

rated:
harrisonh said:   It isn't a bad little unit, and it IS a great value. I have a friend that picked one up.
From an engineering standpoint, A better comparison might be to a Montel Williams (made by Salton) Healthmaster blender.

It IS a great deal. It's better than most home consumers will ever need and the one my friend has seems reasonably long lasting
But it is NOT like a vitamix nor even close. A ford focus also bears a resemblance to a ferrari in that the both have four wheels and an engine. But there are engineering differnces, and those differences exist whether we want to believe something or not.

And if you believe facebook posts or you believe you most tube videos are made by people who who have in depth knowledge on politics, religion, whether we have been to the moon, whether vaccines work, or whether the earth is flat, you're in for a world of hurt.

NM.  Read further.

rated:
I bought one this afternoon and made salsa in it tonight.  Much to my surprise the blade is Japanese and the bearing is a brand name NSK bearing! 

rated:
Yes, and it has a five year warranty on the Ambiano.
We bought one last week for $69.99 ..have used it everyday since. Consequently, we are eating more fruits and veggies now
It is a little louder than our old blender but does a MUCH better job of mixing...
One word of caution.... hold on to that lid if you use the pulse button for smoothies !!!

rated:
Nice find OP.

rated:
It all depends on how busy your Aldi is if you stil have them.  Mine near me still had 5 but another one a few miles away was totally out.  So YMMV

rated:
Danzilla said:   Favorite thing to buy from ALDI is their cookies. Especially the Benton brand ones. Priced like store brand cookies, but much better quality.

lol, bought their Girl Scout Samoa ripoffs yesterday and they were even better than the originals. Blender is still in box as I debate keeping it...

rated:
They are starting to discount this, I bought one today for $49.99

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017