posted 3 months ago by
JW10
Senior Member - 3K

CVS Curbside pickup coupon 
Save $10 on your first curbside pickup order of $15 or more.**
Coupon code: CVSSEM1015
CVS starts curbside pickup.* Shop online or in our app. We'll bring your order out to you.
YMMV as not yet implemented in all stores.

62 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Not all stores. I have 5 in my area and none are included. Closest is 59 miles away.

rated:
$10 off $15 is an amazing one time deal, even though I get the feeling when I get there, I'll have to park my car, go inside the store, and tell a worker that I'm there to pick up my curbside order

rated:
My closest was 87.6 miles.

rated:
It's available at mine. But no search results pop for beer, Budweiser, Coors.  Guess I'll have to try something else.

rated:
Serenader said:   My closest was 87.6 miles.

that's a captivating story, thanks for sharing.

rated:
Thanks so much!

rated:
Medford, NJ [South NJ] : good

rated:
Their website is so bad that I will stop at the store, make a list of what I can get for $15 and hope I can find these items on the website.

rated:
Not available in Metro Detroit, MI.  I would rather have Home Delivery then have to waste time and gas to just pick it up.

rated:
LetsGoMets1 said:   
Serenader said:   My closest was 87.6 miles.

that's a captivating story, thanks for sharing.

Dealbreaker at 87.5 miles as the gas cost more than the savings.

rated:
<< the gas cost more than the savings >>

Not for me: I'll drive by their door tomorrow anyway.

But, if I were home [VA], the closest one is 16 miles.

rated:
Just tried this and it is awesome. Pickup was ready in 5 mins. When i drove up ten minutes later, the guy was standing outside with my merchandise. This definitely makes up for their higher prices.

rated:
The promo code is now reported as invalid. Looks like the deal is over.

rated:
barbeque said:   The promo code is now reported as invalid. Looks like the deal is over.
  works for me

rated:
from the original post: "Shop online or in our app."

Yes, several places on the CVS site and in the official deal instructions (for their curbsite pickup coupons they've had in the last few months) it says that you can "shop online", but you really can't, it's app only.

A few months ago I tried to do it online after I got an email from CVS saying that it could be done online, and I even went to the CVS store to ask them why the link that was given in the email had let me go part of the way in the ordering process and then stopped working, but it's via phone app only -- the people in charge of building this curbside innovation are obviously not very organized or communicative. I noticed today that this offer as it was promoted on their website said right away, after I clicked on the offer button: "app only", "a cvs app download is required".

I keep my phone nearly free of apps in order to promote privacy/security/battery life, so I won't be downloading the CVS app, even if they offered $10 or $20 in products, which of course would come in Handy, so I hope they do get the website online ordering part of this up and running.

(The woman I spoke to at the local CVS store said they'd been wondering why NO ONE in our town was doing the curbside pickup.  They had big signs out front in the parking lot, they'd sent out the email, but no takers all week.  I suggested that she let her manager know of my frustrating experience with their email giving the wrong information and then having the email link malfunction about halfway through when I was trying to make a curbside order as instructed in the email.)

rated:
SNakian said:   $10 off $15 is an amazing one time deal, even though I get the feeling when I get there, I'll have to park my car, go inside the store, and tell a worker that I'm there to pick up my curbside order

Ha! I did this deal a few weeks ago when it was $10 off $20. Made the purchase from my mobile and got an immediate confirm that order was being processed and would be notified when read for pickup. Four hours later without any notification and in the neighborhood anyway, I drop by. Maybe the first "curbside" order for this store, they used my transaction for impromptu staff training. Took me like 20 minutes to get my stuff and go.  

Also, placing the order itself was terrible. Very poor app development. 

rated:
I did this on Halloween using a promo code they sent me in my email. I got 8 bags of candy for 75% off CVS's high prices thanks to a sale and the promo code.

1. For the guy that said it would be a pain to go in the store... The reason that it requires you to download the app is because the app tells the people inside when you pull up in the parking lot. You shouldn't have to go in the store if the process is working correctly.

2. For the folks that said you have to actually make your purchase with the app... That was not my experience at all. I browsed and purchased through Chrome on my desktop and then after placing the order, I was told I had to download the app.

3. There may be no fee for this service, but I have a hunch (I didn't do any official research to back this up) that the prices for many curbside pickup items are slightly higher than if you just went in the store. If anyone has checked this, please report back!

rated:
Wow!

rated:
kristina26 said:   Wow!
  Enough said.

rated:
SNakian said:   $10 off $15 is an amazing one time deal, even though I get the feeling when I get there, I'll have to park my car, go inside the store, and tell a worker that I'm there to pick up my curbside order
  Haha, that's what I have to do EVERY TIME I do Outback Steakhouse curbside.

rated:
- Why do I need to finish my curbside pickup order in the app when I start my shopping online?
We use smartphone technology like location services, text alerts and push notifications to communicate with you and understand when you've arrived at the store.

- Why do I need location services, push notifications and background refresh turned on in the app?
Enabling this functionality allows us to send you status updates, ensure accurate order information and enable pickup. 

- How will I know my order is ready for pickup?
You'll receive an email and a text message letting you know your order is ready for pickup. In the text message, you'll also receive a link to your pickup instructions. In the text message, you'll receive a pickup pass. When the associate brings out your order, show him or her your pickup pass. The associate will scan it to confirm your order. You can also access your pickup pass in the app through the link in the text message.

rated:
placed $19 order then was notified that most of the items OOS BUT the remaining pack of paper towels was still available at a net cost of $0.
OK if you insist...

rated:
just tried it and it worked!! Doesn't work in all stores so heads up but when it does--it is AWESOME!!

rated:
Does this offer not work with extra care card? Every time I enter the card #, the $10 discount disappeared.

rated:
I was ready to try this, put a cart together, and turns out the $10 savings really turns out to be $3-4 based on the items I was purchasing due to CVS inflated pricing. (Example: Disney Band-Aids are $2.39 at local grocery store, $4.79 at CVS).

Sure some can find some deals but I'm passing. Good luck!

rated:
Seems like a nice one-time deal. Thanks OP!

rated:
Terrible web site to work in. Then you have to enter your phone number and agree too... By providing your mobile number, you agree that we may send autodialed texts about your orders and customer surveys to this number. Msg&Data rates apply.

Not worth the trouble for me

rated:
Easy $10 off on a bunch of on sale laundry and Dish soap. Not too worried about the spam as I'm sure you'll be able to opt out of messages if they start doing that.

rated:
Curbside pickup is great for saving time!  I have used it for Meijer and had no problems.  I did not know CVS was doing this.  Thanks for posting!

rated:
If you sign up for the email they send out extra coupons to use on top. I just got a 25% off in the mail

rated:
Worse then garbage.
Consider their CVS App as being malware.
Sorry I ever heard of it.

nuff said

rated:
Hilarious, one item was out of stock but the rest of the order went through. The item was only $1, but they applied some "store discount" to the remaining ~$4 that I owed so my stuff costs me nothing.

The android app is garbage because the shopping part is actually an embedded browser that isn't linked to the app. Worked for me, but yeah it sucks.

rated:
I put in my order after struggling for an hour and half. Now its been 10 hours since I placed the order. 
My "1 hour pickup" confirmation is yet to come! Wow! . .this is worse than a garbage.

rated:
That store is a bad joke. 

We did not have better things to do, so, driving by we decided to stop:

The old fashion way, with pen & paper in hand, I was ready to make a list so I could order on line.

After about 30mn, I had a list of 5 items that maybe, after checking at WalMart & Shoprite,....

Just for fun, here are the price comparisons of the first 2 items:
----------------
CVS: Baby Shampoo, 15 fl oz $4.39 , buy 1 get 2nd 50% = 0.22˘ / fl oz
WM-Equate: Tear Free Baby Shampoo, 20 fl oz $2.34  11.7˘ / fl oz
----------------
Shampoo with selenium sulfide
CVS:  $8.29 for 11 oz, buy 1 get 2nd 50% = $12.44 for 22 oz = 0.56˘ / fl oz
WM-Equate: $2.84  was $3.97 for 14.2 fl oz = 0.20˘ / fl oz
----------------
After reading about the problems people had about ordering [I just have a computer & a dumphone], I decided to pass on this offer.

Being cheaper than cheap, that's the 1st time I passed on a $10 / $15 deal 

rated:
Anyone spending a lot of time looking for a good deal just grab the weekly ad and buy items off of it.

rated:
Terrible store and a terrible app.

We have 3 CVS within a 2 mile radius. They must be making piles of money on their overpriced merchandise.

rated:
you also get a $5 extra reward for installing app. Use it and then ditch this mess of a website. and deal

rated:
Wow! I wish our CVS offered this service!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017