posted 3 months ago by
Stubtify
Thrifty Member

Just signed up with the promo I got from cricket: 'CRICKET1MONTH'. At no point did I have to enter my cricket plan number, I wasn't on AT&T's network when I signed up. Considering that I think it might be a 1 month free trial for all. 

Worth a shot for anyone wanting to try it out. Valid for HBO and Showtime as well in my case. Used a prepaid GC which will soon have $0 balance. 

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Link is not working.

rated:
dogmeat said:   Link is not working.
  Just go to the website and sign up, and apply the code.  It worked for me!  Thanks OP

rated:
Worked for me, first it said billing would start Dec 13 (7-day trial) then when I added OP's code it said Jan 6 (30 days). I didn't add HBO or Cinemax because I was afraid they would bill after 7 days (stupid of me). But still a deal.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
worked for me. Free tv

rated:
I went into "Manage My Plan" and it said I'd be charged $35 on Jan 6. Clicked on Cinemax and it said I'd be charged $40 on Jan 6. Clicked on HBO and it said I'd be charged $45 on Jan 6. So I guess the free month includes either or both of those add-ons.

Also I'm not going to cancel right now, I'll wait a couple of weeks. Even though I could cancel now and still get balance of the free month, when I did that last year with Hulu, they offered me 2 more free weeks to change my mind. So I'll probably do it about Jan 2 with DirecTV Now.

=aw

rated:
Free TCM. Doesn't look like better than SD on my 22" screen, but maybe it was still buffering the way Netflix starts poorly.

=aw

rated:
You can cancel, and the free trial will continue.  Either my laptop isn't capable of streaming, or my wi-fi isn't fast enough, so I cancelled it.  I didn't see any way to lower the quality of the stream.  SlingTV app gave me no problems, and the CW apps on Windows 10 work fine for streaming so I think it is something to do with Directv now.

rated:
Wow the website is so awful. Maybe the app is better but they've got a long way to go. Glad the code worked for some of you.

rated:
If I cancel now, I'll get the rest of my month. Not sure if they'll try to entice me to stay. If I cancel a week before it's up, they might be more likely to offer me another 2 weeks. Not sure if I'll bother, will have to let it run for a few minutes and see if the picture improves.

=aw

rated:
Worked for me.

rated:
The Android app on a LG Volt is much better, but watching tv on a 4.7" screen is not worth $35 a month

rated:
There's a pretty good chance that the code will work again in January on a different email address for another month.

rated:
Offer still working

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017