posted 48 years ago by
vegas4x4

Looks like H&R Block tax software will again be offering a 10% bonus if you accept a portion of your refund in gift cards. 10% bonus on the deluxe or better edition, 5% bonus on the basic edition. This is on the download software version. I don't know if it will apply for the web version.

Last year you could redeem for AmazonREI, Groupon, Home Depot, Best Buy, and there were a few others as well. The max towards gift cards was a $5,000 refund which netted you $5500 in gift cards. One thing I liked, you could dole out the refund into gift cards as you wanted it. I just redeemed the last of my 2015 refund in gift cards a few weeks ago. As I needed to purchase things, I would then get the necessary amount of gift cards for whatever retailer.

10% gift card bonus plus REI 20% off coupon plus cash back portal netted me a nice discount on some outdoor gear.

You can submit a 1040-ES estimated tax payment now if you want to inflate your refund and get additional gift card bonus dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDO3TEG 

Views
1 Comments
Add Comment
For what it is worth, I made the switch from TurboTax to H&R Block last year to chase the Amazon bonus, and I had no problem importing my old return data to the new return. At least, no problem that I observed, and no problem that resulted in an audit. I don't recall how I felt about filling out the return but a year later and I don't have any negative memories so it couldn't have been that bad.

I have a lot of investments, wind up paying the AMT and get the mortgage deduction. This year I don't believe I will get a refund due to some capital gains that I took -- but I will still get the software as it is not terribly expensive, and worked well enough -- plus, who knows, maybe I will get a refund after all.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017