posted 48 years ago by
airflowmax

I was at Costco today getting my tires changed and they told for Bridgestone Tires they are offering free installation until 12/14/16 on top of the $70 off for 4 tires.  

http://tires2.costco.com/Home.aspx?whs=144

Views
25 Comments
Add Comment
I wish costco carried more brands of tires. Love costco, but had to just go to TireRack.com to get good rated tires at a fair price.

jschuman said:   I wish costco carried more brands of tires. Love costco, but had to just go to TireRack. com to get good rated tires at a fair price.
  I'm Costco's biggest fan.  Their tire prices are decent; I bought some MIchelin's earlier this year and then found my Honda dealer (inclusive of installation) was cheaper.  Costco doesn't price-match tires.  So I go to Costco for other things, but not tires.

wandl said:   
jschuman said:   I wish costco carried more brands of tires. Love costco, but had to just go to TireRack. com to get good rated tires at a fair price.
  I'm Costco's biggest fan.  Their tire prices are decent; I bought some MIchelin's earlier this year and then found my Honda dealer (inclusive of installation) was cheaper.  Costco doesn't price-match tires.  So I go to Costco for other things, but not tires.

yep  same here. got great deal from TireRack vs costco (mail-in -rebate) and they have large choices

1˘≠Free

VoR said:   1˘≠Free
  I'll mail you a penny for free. Please send me 47˘ for the stamp.

Ditto on Tire Rack.

And, I had a problem with struts and mounts I bought from them several years ago. Turned out the new mounts were bad. Tire Rack made good on the extra diagnostic charges and repair charges. Fact is, when all was said and done, I virtually got new struts for free. They'll stand behind you and they deserve your business!

Huh? Never bought tires from Costco but I can't believe they charge for tire installation? By installation are you talking about mounting tires?

bopc1996 said:   Huh? Never bought tires from Costco but I can't believe they charge for tire installation? By installation are you talking about mounting tires?
  Every tire vendor I know of charge for installing a new set of tires.
ETA: Where do you buy your tires from that offers free installation.

VoR said:   1˘≠Free
  It is 1c/tire; total cost will be 4c for a set of four.

They take forever to do anything. My last rotation took 3 hours with a 2-week in advance appointment.

Love Costco. Discount Tire blows them away. Free rotation for anyone.

Zvizda2005 said:   They take forever to do anything. My last rotation took 3 hours with a 2-week in advance appointment.
  Agree,
Needed two new tires this past weekend, went in there at 10:30a and the guy told me to pay it now and they'll call me when it's my turn, paid them and went home with my car.   They called me at 3:30p ready to install, went in there and was done by 5pm.  Whole day wasted for two tires.  The only good thing about it was that these were warranty replacement and they gave me pro-rated credit without asking for it.

EradicateSpam said:   Love Costco. Discount Tire blows them away. Free rotation for anyone.
  Discount Tire is the best.  But don't get suckered into buying their "house" brands, i.e., tires that only they sell exclusively (like some yokos, etc)

Zvizda2005 said:   They take forever to do anything. My last rotation took 3 hours with a 2-week in advance appointment.
  At least yours gives appointments. The wait for anything in our tire department is hours. My husband is big on quality tires so he went to Costco and waited 4 hours the last time he put tires on my car. He said the specials at the other places were in house no name brands so he choose to wait at Costco. Then I had a tire blow on the highway less than six months later. As a mom of course I was upset and worried. My husband brought the tire in and they said they would get a new one on but it was a 6 hour wait.
I guess the positive about Costco was Costco travel hit or miss in my city has dirt cheap rental cars, so we booked a $9 including tax rental car for the day and left the car for the tire replacement.
After the tire blow out I told my husband I would rather pay a little more and have quick customer care during emergencies and buy our tire from a local run shop.

Well, when you buy 4 tires from Costco, tire rotation and balancing is free for the life of the tires. Tire rotation and balancing is worth something. In my neighborhood, Discount Tire is not there, so i do have to pay for it.

I always thought Costco offered free tire installation. Don't remember paying for it in the past.

johnrweb said:   I always thought Costco offered free tire installation. Don't remember paying for it in the past.
  They always charged around $15 per tire for install, tire disposal fee, lifetime rotations and balancing etc.

Yes, same here in NJ there are no DTD stores so mounting and balancing is usually $25 a tire or more. I've bought many tires from DTD and TireRack but getting a local place to mount them is usually a pain in the rear as they want to sell you the tires too.

Good thing is road hazard you don't need to mail them your tire =)

Thanks OP bought some new tires for my Volvo a little pricey $588 with tax but maybe only 70 bucks more than DTD and no hunting around for a local shop.

Thanks Op, I bought new tires last night. Needed them and this was the push I needed to get it done.

I thought it was always free when you buy your tires at costco?!?!

EradicateSpam said:   Love Costco. Discount Tire blows them away. Free rotation for anyone.

Not to bring politics into it, but Discount Tire is being boycotted because the owner apparently donated a ton of money to anti-marijuana campaigns.  Such a shame, they had good deals.

In any case, Costco's tire deals are Meh.  Most places only charge $5 to $10 per tire for installation.  Hell, I can take any set of tires to WalMart, they'll mount and install them with lifetime balancing and rotation for under $40.  And even after all their rebates, the tire prices still aren't anything spectacular.  I would buy tires from Costco if only for the customer service, but my local store isn't as busy as everyone else's apparently.

Also, if not tires, Costco has great deals on car batteries, and very good customer service about them.  They will often replace any battery, no testing or waiting, no questions asked.

Costco's installation fee also gives you road hazard insurance and free flat repair. Not a big deal unless you ruin a new $250 tire and they just replace it for free.

For those using Tire Rack and Discount Tire - You can get an additional 6% cash back going through Top Cashback or other sites. On Top Cashback it's listed as The Tire Rack.  I bought some tires about three months ago and got 6% cash back from Top Cashback. Other sites such as BeFrugal and ExtraBux also have these discounts but Top Cashback has worked the fastest and easiest for me.

Sorrto bump an old thread but Wamart will mount and balance for ~$25, best deal I'm aware of.

My husband is looking this, I hope this can give a help to him. Thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017