posted 3 months ago by
klopmaass
Shopaholic Member

I found that after updating my address at USPS. There was an option to select Amazon 10% off coupon. I think it is a good deal.

USPS Link: http://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/home/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s1&_flowId=icoa-main-flow

you need to do a address change/ forwarding to get the coupon. Once you have the coupon cancel the forwarding. You will have to pay $1 fee for this ..

20 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I think the offers may vary. Mine didn't have one for Amazon, but there were still some useful coupons.

rated:
Move early; move often.

rated:
the offers definitely vary. i just moved across the country and no Amazon discount for me.

rated:
no Amazon fo me

rated:
I got a 15% off $1000 in Amazon purchases, over the next 90 days.
Plus the Overstock, Home Depot, and Lowes.
Amazon doesn't show up on the first group of coupons, select some of the first group that show up, print them, and all of a sudden another screen comes up with the real good ones. Fill out the info, select the good coupons and they email a confirm button, then Amazon sent me their email offer, and takes you to their move program, and the coupon gets attached to your account, one coupon per account. Only things sold by Amazon get the discount.

rated:
It also says one per account,

rated:
What zipcode is giving the Amazon coupon?

rated:
Wish I knew this last week when I dropped $2,799 on a new Macbook Pro.

rated:
LORENW said:   I got a 15% off $1000 in Amazon purchases, over the next 90 days.
Plus the Overstock, Home Depot, and Lowes
Amazon doesn't show up on the first group of coupons, select some of the first group that show up, print them, and all of a sudden another screen comes up with the real good ones. Fill out the info, select the good coupons and they email a confirm button, then Amazon sent me their email offer, and takes you to their move program, and the coupon gets attached to your account, one coupon per account. Only things sold by Amazon get the discount.

Unfortunately there was no "all of a sudden" for me. Tried a change in Los Angeles, CA, and no dice. Only ever got the first screen.

Regional?

rated:
oh. not bad

rated:
No Amazon code, but $1 is worth the try.

rated:
Got 15% off amz for $1000, NY to NY change, THX

rated:
I got 10%/$500 on Amazon, made it a change within the condo complex. Wonder if it is more if you move further.

=aw

rated:
coolbreeze said:   Wish I knew this last week when I dropped $2,799 on a new Macbook Pro.
  Return it and repurchase when you "move again" 

rated:
I rolled the dice, and actually got the 10% off $250 Amazon offer. Here is additional information on where the Amazon offer is hiding. The link is on the VOTE screen. Looks down. It says:
Don't Need Voter Registration Right Now?
Go directly to Mymove.com to see more offers and deals

Click that link. That's where the Premium Offers are located. I cannot copy that link. I cannot even copy the text. As soon as I try to even highlight it, the page navigates away to "MY MOVE encountered a problem and had to stop." But at least you know what to look for now...

NOTE: It took me 25 minutes (from the time of the first email I received from USPS) to receive the email with the Amazon promo code.

rated:
well, for someone who is actually moving in less than 6 months... doing COA online now instead directly at PO .... this offer did not really do whole since most my shopping is done ... wonder if I had waited closer to time of move - if offer would have still been available. Anyone know?

rated:
LORENW said:   I got a 15% off $1000 in Amazon purchases, over the next 90 days.
Plus the Overstock, Home Depot, and Lowes
Amazon doesn't show up on the first group of coupons, select some of the first group that show up, print them, and all of a sudden another screen comes up with the real good ones. Fill out the info, select the good coupons and they email a confirm button, then Amazon sent me their email offer, and takes you to their move program, and the coupon gets attached to your account, one coupon per account. Only things sold by Amazon get the discount.

Home Depot and Lowes here too. 

rated:
Lowes has always been in the paper CoA package too. HD was interesting to see. Does anyone know if it stacks with the 10%-for-veterans? I'm not sure if that's system wide or just a local store, but our friend always going to HD because of that. Would be nice to give him a stackable coupon, they just moved. The friends that is, not the HD.

=aw

rated:
Gave it shot. Tried LORENW 's way. I selected and checked/submitted Amazon 15% offer, but it was not included in 2 emails (duplicates) presenting the deals I was "eligible" for.
Thanks for posting though. Woulda been great.

rated:
Kudos to Lorenw and kenbenobi. 15% off $1000 for 90 days, town 20 miles away eff 4/1 own, built within last 6 months

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017