posted 48 years ago by
rockymast
Ancient Member

http://www.hulu.com/start/visagiftcard

*Must subscribe to 2 months of Hulu Limited Commercials plan or No Commercials plan in order to receive gift card. Gift card will be sent between 31-45 days from sign up to the email address used to sign up. Valid for new and eligible returning subscribers. Plans start at $7.99/month, plus applicable taxes. Commercial-free option available for $11.99/month, plus applicable taxes. Cannot be combined with other offers.

Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
I got my $20 gift card in my e-mail yesterday. Just days after I paid for the second month of service. I plan to cancel at the end of this month and it will turn into a $4.02 MM for me.

Me too. Though I'm planning to cancel as soon as I burn the $20 Virtual Visa. Since it's a paid sub, I expect it will be good until my renewal date. I did get an immediate cutoff on one of the services in the last couple of months, but it was during a free trial period -- I don't think they would shut off the service if you've paid for it (that used to happen with Netflix DVD rentals I think, but I haven't seen it in a long time).

=aw

Got mine, too. Thanks OP! The scheme apparently worked on me. I'm sticking with the $12 plan and really enjoying it.

ottawa said:   Me too. Though I'm planning to cancel as soon as I burn the $20 Virtual Visa. Since it's a paid sub, I expect it will be good until my renewal date. I did get an immediate cutoff on one of the services in the last couple of months, but it was during a free trial period -- I don't think they would shut off the service if you've paid for it (that used to happen with Netflix DVD rentals I think, but I haven't seen it in a long time).

=aw

I think it stops service the same day that you cancel, even if you paid the whole month and there are days left before the month is over

That's possible, and I'd want to be careful of it. That said, while they used to do it ("they"=Netflix DVDs and TiVo) it seems now they don't. A friend did have something (maybe Hulu) stop immediately recently but it was a free trial.

My assumption had been that they all decided they can't take money for the service through Feb 28 and then tell you that you can only cancel on Feb 11, with no option of a partial refund (which is how it used to be, so you had to wait until the day before and then hope you didn't forget). IOW, they either had to provide the service you paid for, or give a refund. Certainly Sling and DirectTVNow have both provided service to the billing date even after a cancel.

But I'm almost through New Tricks on Hulu so I'm going to wait another week or so before I cancel. I'll try to report back here.

=aw

I'm sticking with the $12 plan and really enjoying it.
I changed my Hulu watching from my old TiVo Premiere to a Chromecast I just got, and it's much better (including the picture though that may be coincidence). I'll probably keep the Chromecast (vs selling on CL) as it seems to have the most flexibility as it relies on apps supporting an Android phone instead of apps being kept updated for a Roku (for example).

That said, I'll probably still cancel my Hulu (after we're done with New Tricks) and wait for an offer to come back.

[ADDED: I note that the offer of 4 months free Hulu ($8 plan) + Roku Express (all for $30) is supposed to be active until Mar 15. I'm sure one of my friends would like to sign up for that. https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1549395 Note that if you follow OP's link in that thread, you need to be logged out of Hulu at the time. $30 is retail for the Roku Express and you can probably get $30 for it on eBay (but you eat all the fees and postage; so maybe $25 on CL? If you're that kind of devious person, that is. Also good if you're in the market for a Roku Express.]

=aw

I recommend putting your account on hold, and cancel from the hold status to get the max time on your subscription.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017