Avatar
posted 48 years ago by
CheeseBalls
Member

I just picked up one of these at $9

The exact item is

  • Item 71445
  • Model: R6200-100NAS

I noticed they had the newer version and this version together on the shelf.

 

Views
45 Comments
Add Comment
CheeseBalls said:   I just picked up one of these at $9

The exact item is

  • Item: 953798
  • Model: R6200-100NAS

I noticed they had the newer version and this version together on the shelf.

Older
http://www.staples.com/NETGEAR-AC1200-Dual-Band-Wi-Fi-Gigabit-Ro... 
Newer
http://www.staples.com/NETGEAR-R6220-AC1200-WiFi-Router/product_... 

  I see $79.99 for the newer one

Very solid post Mr. CheeseBalls.

Not available anywhere in 100 miles radius near me

don't have any of these near my home either. sounds like a good deal though.

Do you have the SKU?

ihateu3 said:   Do you have the SKU?
  Item / SKU: 71445 (updated Dec 19th)

https://brickseek.com/inventory-check/staples/
 

none on my planet

blueribb said:   
ihateu3 said:   Do you have the SKU?
  Item / SKU: 953798

http://checkinvt2.appspot.com/

  Thanks for the checker. Zero available, gl to those who find one!
 

$9, are you sure?

I can't find this deal in my area

Store Availability for:


NETGEAR AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R6200)
Item 953798
Model R6200-100NAS
$119.99
No search results found.Please refine your search and try again.

nocode said:   $9, are you sure?
  i attached a snip of my receipt.

Several here grabbed the R6100 version a few weeks ago online for $19.99. This one's better I believe. Also seem to remember a mfr rebate for the 6100. Maybe this one also.

DOA

trumpotron said:   DOA
  Is there a warranty
?

You need a warranty for a router that you paid $9 for that usually sells for over $100 to even consider making the purchase?  I think a risk analysis class may be a good thing for you to look into

Not sure you are missing much. I have one in my closet that was a RMA.  My biggest complaint is that I could not work with my Tivo two(walls) rooms away..

Got it 2 weeks ago on Staples.com for $20. Great value, works well. $9 is amazing.

6100 from the pic of your receipt. Very good deal if could be found. $30 at Amazon

Got one from Cupertino, CA... Thanks for the post, yesidonoitall

Didn't find one either.

$119.99


Item 71445
Disclaimer
Using the UPC shown on the OP receipt, Staple$ CS converted it to Item / SKU 71445 & not the Item # shown in the original post. This could be the confusion when trying to find this item. 
Model: R6100-100NAS. NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
UPC 6064 4909 8075
https://brickseek.com/inventory-check/staples/

To confirm what I said above, just google "Staples item 71445" without the quotes
The results are correct BUT the pages have been taken down by Staple$ (not in inventory).

blueribb said:   Using the UPC shown on the OP receipt, Staple$ CS converted it to Item / SKU 71445 & not the Item # shown in the original post. This could be the confusion when trying to find this item. Also, most inventory checkers will not work with 5-digit item #'s.
Model: R6100-100NAS. NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
UPC 6064 4909 8075

To confirm what I said above, just google "Staples item 71445" without the quotes
The results are correct BUT the pages have been taken down by Staple$ (not in inventory).

  Brickseek is showing inventory in my area. I didn't think it would work with a 5 digit sku either. I also took the posters info as true and correct on being a R6200 as the sku was different. Didn't realize it was the same R6100 I was posting about earlier. There is a $10 rebate from Netgear available. Search for "$1 to $50 Netgear product purchase" on www.netgearrebates.com 

Darn it, 6 available within the Atlanta area but I'm too far away...   (hint: check zip 30096)

blueribb said:   Using the UPC shown on the OP receipt, Staple$ CS converted it to Item / SKU 71445 & not the Item # shown in the original post. This could be the confusion when trying to find this item. 
Model: R6100-100NAS. NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
UPC 6064 4909 8075
https://brickseek.com/inventory-check/staples/

To confirm what I said above, just google "Staples item 71445" without the quotes
The results are correct BUT the pages have been taken down by Staple$ (not in inventory).

  
Green fer you, using that code I found there are 3 in my area...  well 2 now.  May even go get a second one if it is still there this weekend.  (bit further drive)  $9

71445 works a treat.  

nsdp said:   Not sure you are missing much. I have one in my closet that was a RMA.  My biggest complaint is that I could not work with my Tivo two(walls) rooms away..
  thanks for the heads up. found one locally but checked the amazoo ratings and many 1 ratings with your same experience. may pass.

When to the store that shows 8 on hand, but the guy looked up and none to be found.

lepa71 said:   When to the store that shows 8 on hand, but the guy looked up and none to be found.
  
Look on the shelf for the "StreamPro" router and look on the back -- if it has R6100 on the upper back of the package then its the right one.   Make sure you are using the 71445 sku for Brickseek.   

for those FWers who bought these, how do you rate the product? dropped connections? strength of signal?

Netgear Product page with firmware updates

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6100.aspx

retrac posted a link to an active rebate for this model too, so that should make it FAR (free after rebate)

blueribb said:   Netgear Product page with firmware updates

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6100.aspx

retrac posted a link to an active rebate for this model too, so that should make it FAR (free after rebate)

  Employee Rebate... verification required?

brusbrother said:   
blueribb said:   Netgear Product page with firmware updates

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6100.aspx 

retrac posted a link to an active rebate for this model too, so that should make it FAR (free after rebate)

  Employee Rebate... verification required?

  You are right. The last line in the rebate terms states "REPP claim form without proof of employment from one of the listed authorized NETGEAR resellers will not be accepted."

Oh well, scratch the rebate then

RedWolfe01 said:   
lepa71 said:   When to the store that shows 8 on hand, but the guy looked up and none to be found.
  
Look on the shelf for the "StreamPro" router and look on the back -- if it has R6100 on the upper back of the package then its the right one.   Make sure you are using the 71445 sku for Brickseek.   

  Employee looked in their system by sku 71445 and didn't find any in the store.

lepa71 said:   
RedWolfe01 said:   
lepa71 said:   When to the store that shows 8 on hand, but the guy looked up and none to be found.
  
Look on the shelf for the "StreamPro" router and look on the back -- if it has R6100 on the upper back of the package then its the right one.   Make sure you are using the 71445 sku for Brickseek.   

  Employee looked in their system by sku 71445 and didn't find any in the store.

Did you actually see the inventory on their screen or just take his/her word ?

Thank you Mr.CheeseBalls

brusbrother said:   for those FWers who bought these, how do you rate the product? dropped connections? strength of signal?
  anyone?? good deal IF it works?

blueribb said:   Using the UPC shown on the OP receipt, Staple$ CS converted it to Item / SKU 71445 & not the Item # shown in the original post. This could be the confusion when trying to find this item. 
Model: R6100-100NAS. NETGEAR AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
UPC 6064 4909 8075
https://brickseek.com/inventory-check/staples/

To confirm what I said above, just google "Staples item 71445" without the quotes
The results are correct BUT the pages have been taken down by Staple$ (not in inventory).

  Thank you for correcting me! I would of updated sooner but life got busy.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017