posted 48 years ago by
claudiu75

Amazon Video - Rent any movie for $0.99
-Step 1: Click on the digital movie you wish to rent for $0.99 from the selection below.
-Step 2: Click "More Purchase Options" and enter the promotional code "MOVIE99".
-Step 3: Once the promotional code has been applied, click "Rent Movie". Please note: While onsite pricing will not reflect your discount, your order history will show the promotional credit applied.Promotional credit expires January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
Terms and conditions apply:
-The promotional code reduces the retail price of a single movie rental on Amazon Video to $0.99.
-Offer does not apply to physical goods.
-Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
-Offer limited to one per customer and account.
-Offer redemption only available on website.
-Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
-Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

Link:  https://www.amazon.com/b?node=7888687011

Views
43 Comments
Add Comment
Nice!! there are some holiday movies that I want to see that I can not stream... and skipping the commercials would be great!! saves $ buying them!

CPAESQ said:   Nice!! there are some holiday movies that I want to see that I can not stream... and skipping the commercials would be great!! saves $ buying them!
  "Offer limited to one per customer and account."

purchased Jack Reacher for $0.00. thank you!!

I placed an order and had digital credits for one of the movies. I applied the coupon, checked out, and when I looked at my digital invoice it's showing 4.99, not .99. Anyone know if that will be updated later?

UPDATE: Just chatted with Amazon support, seems there is an issue with the code.  IF you placed an order make sure to check your order history.  They are giving me a refund:

Amazon :  I am sorry, I see here that there is a known issue going on with the promotion "MOVIE99".I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.Me:ok...Amazon :Our technical department is already working on this on a high priority basis and they expect to resolve this issue soon.

I just purchased and wasn't charged so mayb issue has been fixed

Thanks, OP!

Just rented a movie for the upcoming holiday week using the code and a no-rush shipping credit. Code worked fine -- reduced my $9.00 credit to $8.01 after purchase.

Thanks op.

Successfully used the code this evening with no trouble. Thanks, OP!

Thanks op. I just got a free movie, no charge, using the code. My daughter used the code on her account and got a totally free movie as well.

Nice. Thanks, OP!

I got the same offer when I visited the Google Play store as well: any movie rental for $0.99. So check there as well to see if you get the offer too.

Edit: It is already mentioned here: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1548225

Thanks!

Thanks OP!

Thanks. Too bad it's not a sale to BUY at that price!

I got charged full price for Secret Life of Pets

Liar, Liar for me. Thanks!

Looks like the coupon just went offline - it was working 2 minutes ago, not any more.

The claim code you entered isn't working. Please ensure there are no spaces and try again. If this problem continues, please contact Amazon Customer Service at Video Help and refer to error 2039.

thanks

Thanks OP!

Domer94 said:   Thanks. Too bad it's not a sale to BUY at that price!
  Same here. I rented Rear Window for the hundredth time. Love that movie.

Thanks OP! My total came to $0! Not sure how but thanks.

murph3699 said:   I got charged full price for Secret Life of Pets
  Yes, but look at your email receipt.
 Mine was free, some are showing as 99 cents, no code needed.
Item Subtotal: $5.99
Promotions: -$5.99
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Tax Collected: $0.00
Grand Total: $0.00

pacificgrovecity said:   

Yes, but are your "promotions" the promotional credit that comes from choosing the slower shipping with Prime?  I've still got >$20 from all of my Christmas shopping.

Anyone know if issue with code is fixed?

amyshea0 said:   Anyone know if issue with code is fixed?
  Just go ahead with the purchase, then check your receipt that is emailed to you. It should show the discount. I was concerned too initially.

Agreed! And that this applies even to new releases is a bonus!

jameswes said:   
pacificgrovecity said:   

Yes, but are your "promotions" the promotional credit that comes from choosing the slower shipping with Prime?  I've still got >$20 from all of my Christmas shopping.

From what I'm seeing, the "promotions" is a total of both the discount for the MOVIE99 promotion as well as your digital credits.  After I ordered a movie rental, I went back and clicked on the "More Purchase Options" to see what my digital credit balance was and it was reduced by only $0.99.  So, for me, the "promotions" row seemed to be $5.00 for the MOVIE99 code and $0.99 digital credit.

No option to enter a coupon code via Roku's Amazon App. Wondering if I can order on a Win/Mac computer, then just watch it on same Amazon Account on Roku?

ck90211 said:   No option to enter a coupon code via Roku's Amazon App. Wondering if I can order on a Win/Mac computer, then just watch it on same Amazon Account on Roku?

Yes.  Once purchased, it should show in your list on Roku.

Just ordered Sully and with promo got it for $1.07 with tax. Thanks! Merry Christmas to all!

Well, thanks op.

Thanks OP!

Good find.

It worked OK for me today, Life of Pets, $.99, bought while in a browser (didn't try via firetv stick)

thanks very much!

awesome, thanks for the 411!

I tried renting Die Hard and got this message. Any ideas?

The claim code you entered isn't working. Please ensure there are no spaces and try again. If this problem continues, please contact Amazon Customer Service at Video Help and refer to error 2039.

timswim78 said:   I tried renting Die Hard and got this message. Any ideas?

The claim code you entered isn't working. Please ensure there are no spaces and try again. If this problem continues, please contact Amazon Customer Service at Video Help and refer to error 2039.

Got the same error message when trying to rent Sausage Party (which is shown in the list of movies at the OP link).   Perhaps the promo was killed off early.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017