$16.97

Was$26.99
Save$10.02

FREE In-Store Pickup or FREE shipping on orders $50+

Streamlined metallic-based design with larger key ring hole
Seamlessly connect with PCs and laptops
Up to 130MBps transfer speed
Samsung flash drive is backwards compatible with USB 2.0
Five-proof technology that makes the memory storage waterproof, shockproof, temperature-proof, magnetic-proof, and X-ray-proof
Five-year warranty
Streamlined ergonomic design has a natural feel for easy gripping

I have one of these and I have never experienced a heat issue like on the Sandisk....

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
OP, mind sharing the write speeds on the one you have.

Question for anyone looking at this that might know, Does a blue type A USB connector always denote 3.0? I am asking because I bought two 128 GB USB drives from Best Buy that were sold as 2.0, but both have blue connectors. I bought them as stocking stuffers so I haven't been able to open them and test them. I am just wondering if perhaps PNY is packing 3.0 drives and labeling them as 2.0 just to fill orders. Great deal if so at $20. Still not bad if 2.0.

chubbypops said:   Question for anyone looking at this that might know, Does a blue type A USB connector always denote 3.0? I am asking because I bought two 128 GB USB drives from Best Buy that were sold as 2.0, but both have blue connectors. I bought them as stocking stuffers so I haven't been able to open them and test them. I am just wondering if perhaps PNY is packing 3.0 drives and labeling them as 2.0 just to fill orders. Great deal if so at $20. Still not bad if 2.0.
I only have a followup question:  If you didn't open the box, how do you know the connector is blue -- you can see the blue connector through the plastic casing?

confused200 said:   
chubbypops said:   Question for anyone looking at this that might know, Does a blue type A USB connector always denote 3.0? I am asking because I bought two 128 GB USB drives from Best Buy that were sold as 2.0, but both have blue connectors. I bought them as stocking stuffers so I haven't been able to open them and test them. I am just wondering if perhaps PNY is packing 3.0 drives and labeling them as 2.0 just to fill orders. Great deal if so at $20. Still not bad if 2.0.
I only have a followup question:  If you didn't open the box, how do you know the connector is blue -- you can see the blue connector through the plastic casing?

When was the last time you saw a thumb drive in a box? They're on cards with a blister. Merry Christmas.

I'm in supply chain for a major electronics manufacturer. If the packaging is marked 2.0!then most likely 2.0 end-game manufacturing that they simply used the blue connectors to finish the  build out on (they have probably just quit buying non blue connectors since 2.0 is phasing out altogether). If they were subbing 3.0 drives, more likely they would do it at the Finished goods level than at the BOM level during manufacturing...e.g. Make and mark the drives 3.0, and sub them for 2.0 orders rather than make 3.0 drives but mark them 2.0...because doing this would limit your ability to sell and ship as 3.0 drives.

Expect 2.0 functionality, be happy if they end up 3.0. My money is on 2.0 built with 3.0 connectors rather than 3.0 put into 2.0 packaging.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017