posted 48 years ago by
marcopolomle
Senior Member - 4K

Ringplus New Year's Plans 

We will make the following 6 new plans available from

8pm December 23, 2016 until

10pm January 3, 2016

(all times PDT).

These plans are available for New Activations and Plan Changes.

If you would like to sign up for a free service, just sign up for a weekly plan (the first week is free), and change before the end of the week to the Free MAD Free Building Block Plan, which is only available for current Members.

Views
64 Comments
Add Comment
Nothing exciting. No free plans which is the trend for R+.

RobL said:   Nothing exciting. No free plans which is the trend for R+.
  Thanks. I upgraded because I had to the other day to the Mad Avatar upgrade from Hip Hop 1. Mad Avatar was the only free plan choice available as a non-Member+. Had to switch by 12/25 to a Mad Plan. Made a call today and it went against the non-voip minutes. At least they've broken these minutes down into voip and non-voip in your account. Didn't miss anything by upgrading early then.

No penny plan.  That was a good plan for back up users.

My plan expires in 6 days. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone suggest a plan/vendor for my low usage. Less than 100 minutes and less than 100 texts per month and NO DATA? Maybe its time for me to go back to Tracfone?

kji said:   No penny plan.  That was a good plan for back up users.
  I guess I should have jumped on this one. Those who hesitate lose.

Me too. LOL

TomN said:   

I am guessing New Years Eve plan 1 is not to bad for you.  I am guessing with tax it would be around $5.50 a month.

SD seems to be ring+ free now. wonder if the shills gave up or they do not allow ring+ on site anymore. wonder is they will come here or maybe already.

TomN said:   My plan expires in 6 days. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone suggest a plan/vendor for my low usage. Less than 100 minutes and less than 100 texts per month and NO DATA? Maybe its time for me to go back to Tracfone?
  You might want to look into Tello. For $5 a month you can get 100 minutes, 200 texts, an no data on Sprint network. You can probably reuse your Ring + phone. Link

TomN said:   My plan expires in 6 days. I am not sure what to do. Can anyone suggest a plan/vendor for my low usage. Less than 100 minutes and less than 100 texts per month and NO DATA? Maybe its time for me to go back to Tracfone?
Why not sign up for a weekly plan (the first week is free), and change before the end of the week to the Free MAD Free Building Block Plan.
Most you have to pay is $5 activation fee.

chubbypops said:   
  You might want to look into Tello. For $5 a month you can get 100 minutes, 200 texts, an no data on Sprint network. You can probably reuse your Ring + phone. Link

​Thanks... I am going to look into that right now.

Can anyone share the experience on Ringplus chargeback with credit card companies? Ringplus is obviously operating on a bait-and-switch scheme. It's only fair if they refund the fee for the services that they cannot provide.

Go with Tello. You will pay about $4 per month ($0.03/min voice, $0.01/txt, $0.02/MB). No monthly line charge like Ting has.

I got two lines for family members who use their phones like you, and it's perfect. No complaints at all.

Tello works very simply, there are no gimmicks, tricks or surprises like Ringplus. The website is really simple and, the biggest surprise of all, customer service is prompt, efficient and very courteous. Quite a shock given the pricing. I hope they succeed. I'm not associated with Tello except as a regular customer.

You must have a FED-approved Sprint device. Tello sells affordable phones too. I bought a flip phone for the elderly family member and it worked out of the box just fine. (Edit: bought flip phone from Tello website).

kji said:   
TomN said:   

I am guessing New Years Eve plan 1 is not to bad for you.  I am guessing with tax it would be around $5.50 a month.

Ring+ sign ups/upgrades require big loads of cash upfront now. True suckage. To get that $5.50/mo there's an upfront $20 additional payment required. 

marcopolomle said:   
Why not sign up for a weekly plan (the first week is free), and change before the end of the week to the Free MAD Free Building Block Plan.

When I went to sign up for a weekly plan (New Year 1), it still wanted a $24.29 payment. I currently have a zero balance on my free plan. So I am not sure why you say it would only cost $5 activation fee. I must be missing something.

HashDeal said:   Can anyone share the experience on Ringplus chargeback with credit card companies? Ringplus is obviously operating on a bait-and-switch scheme. It's only fair if they refund the fee for the services that they cannot provide.
  What fee exactly?  The topup which is deposited into your account for overages?  How can you be sold something that is given to you for free and ask for a chargeback for not getting it? 

tinkakat said:   SD seems to be ring+ free now. wonder if the shills gave up or they do not allow ring+ on site anymore. wonder is they will come here or maybe already.
  Ringplus thread alive in SD Deal talk section for awhile now, always a good time to be had...

TomN said:   
marcopolomle said:   

When I went to sign up for a weekly plan (New Year 1), it still wanted a $24.29 payment. I currently have a zero balance on my free plan. So I am not sure why you say it would only cost $5 activation fee. I must be missing something.

My bad. I assumed you have at least $5.01 balance in your account.
In this case, as others have suggested, go with Tello or Tracfone (my preference) with your kind of use.
Ringplus is a moving Target so obviously not for everyone. I mainly use it to fulfill my need for tinkering with electronics as a hobby.
It might also be a sinking boat but I have not decided to abandon it yet but I also have a Tracfone and a grandfathered $10/yr T-Mobile just in case.

Do you not have a free plan to pick from as an upgrade? The only one available to me was the Mad Avatar Upgrade which comes with 250 hard minutes and 750 voip minutes and 275 texts per month. I chose the data option that runs every 3 months as I can tether if I want for 3 months worth of data rather than have a set lower data amount per month. Cost me nothing to upgrade as my top up balance is > $5.00.

mathfaster said:   
  Do you not have a free plan to pick from as an upgrade? The only one available to me was the Mad Avatar Upgrade which comes with 250 hard minutes and 750 voip minutes and 275 texts per month. I chose the data option that runs every 3 months as I can tether if I want for 3 months worth of data rather than have a set lower data amount per month. Cost me nothing to upgrade as my top up balance is > $5.00.

The only plan showing up in the FREE section is the:
MAD Free Building Block    $0/mo 
This Plan is only available for current members. 
(If you want this plan for free subscribe to 
Mad Up Side Down Banana for free trial 
and down grade to this plan 
before the free trial period is over)    $19.99 + tax    Up to 2,250 Minutes /Month 
(200 regular +2,200 VoIP for outgoing calls)    Up to 700 for free/Month    Up to 500 for free/ Month    up to 650/ for free/ Month    Up tp $0.10 per unit of 
Talk,Text,MMS & MB full speed    Select Plan

I have a zero balance in my account. I have been on their Totally Free Plan 2. 
Too bad that plan is history.

TomN said:   ...The only plan showing up in the FREE section is the:
MAD Free Building Block    $0/mo 
This Plan is only available for current members. 
(If you want this plan for free subscribe to 
Mad Up Side Down Banana for free trial 
and down grade to this plan 
before the free trial period is over)    $19.99 + tax    Up to 2,250 Minutes /Month 
(200 regular +2,200 VoIP for outgoing calls)    Up to 700 for free/Month    Up to 500 for free/ Month    up to 650/ for free/ Month    Up tp $0.10 per unit of 
Talk,Text,MMS & MB full speed    Select Plan

I have a zero balance in my account. I have been on their Totally Free Plan 2. 
Too bad that plan is history.

Obviously some people have different choices for free plans. Only you can decide if paying money to continue the ride is worth it. I upgraded because it cost me nothing. I really don't use R+ any longer except for tethering if there's a need. Moved on months ago to Tracfone/Verizon. Sprint has sporadic coverage where I live otherwise I might not have moved on despite the wild ride given my really low usage.

Just pick the Mad Building Block. You get 250/250/250/500, and don't need to mess with no Smart Dialer.  If you need voicemail that's gonna cost you extra, but it will give you something to draw off your topup.  Was the free service you have previously received not worth being brought into consideration when deciding if you want to plunk down $25 to keep your free service; which you'll find is an improvement in the quality of your previous service?   Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

No thanks, I'm already done with all the free upgrades and free swaps this last month. 

Monkeybiz said:   No thanks, I'm already done with all the free upgrades and free swaps this last month. 
  The plans last month were far better, I did a Bottomless Orange for my Wife, and the penny plan for my lite usage line.
​Both use direct Sprint , with no voip dialer apps, We are happy with these two.

Tello.com

clear as mud

Larryslug said:   
  Just pick the Mad Building Block. You get 250/250/250/500, and don't need to mess with no Smart Dialer.  If you need voicemail that's gonna cost you extra, but it will give you something to draw off your topup.  Was the free service you have previously received not worth being brought into consideration when deciding if you want to plunk down $25 to keep your free service; which you'll find is an improvement in the quality of your previous service?   Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Thanks... I had totally free service for almost a year.  Service in my area has been pretty good. So I am leading to paying the $26 and going to the Mad Building Block.

I didn't buy the membership. I'm in the free hold plan with $30 top up. I use 50 talk minutes a month. I assume the instructions for Mad Building Block does not apply to me? But if it does how/where would I find the banana plan to get to the Block plan and would I have to pay another $20 + tax? What would be the best plan or should I get my $30 deposit back?

Maybe I am missing something but I don't see overages from $0.0099

I gave up on these con artists, it was good at first. Then I started having data issues on all my phones and they deactivated 3 phones for non usage even though I made 2-10 minute calls monthly.
My total investment was about $60.00 and service was good at first except for the choppy voices when calling or receiving calls then they started throttling the data.

But my main gripe is the deceptive practices that R+ uses, sure $60.00 for sub par service on 5 phones for 1.5 years was a fair deal not to mention all the cash I shelled out
for these phones that are now deactivated sitting in a drawer. And the fact that I had to explain to friends/relatives all the hoops that they have to jump through just to keep their 
phone working. Ah, I'm done with the deception and tricks these shysters employ, I went with Tracphone and won't look back.

They even made Wikipedia

day2007 said:   I didn't buy the membership. I'm in the free hold plan with $30 top up. I use 50 talk minutes a month. I assume the instructions for Mad Building Block does not apply to me? But if it does how/where would I find the banana plan to get to the Block plan and would I have to pay another $20 + tax? What would be the best plan or should I get my $30 deposit back?
  Go to your account in Ring+ and click on Upgrade Plan. Then click on Mad Building Block plan. Select the options and at the bottom, it will tell you the costs. Good luck. I am looking at that plan myself, but I think they have a problem with their web site, because it currently requires tethering. 

day2007 said:   I didn't buy the membership. I'm in the free hold plan with $30 top up. I use 50 talk minutes a month. I assume the instructions for Mad Building Block does not apply to me? But if it does how/where would I find the banana plan to get to the Block plan and would I have to pay another $20 + tax? What would be the best plan or should I get my $30 deposit back?
  You are not going to get your $30 back. Just go into your account and click on the "Upgrade Plan" ring/circle. From there you should have a list of plans. Pick one and it should tell you how much it will cost you before you change plans. Hopefully since you have a large balance it should be nothing to a minimal amount from your top up balance.

Finally porting out went through yesterday from Ringplus to Cricket, couple of lines having some issue.
It cost $100 a month for  5 line with tax included, was able to get 5 iPhone 5S for $79 each, I am pretty happy.
Besides, I don't have to worry about data over usage for my kids line, and Cricket call quality is lot better than Ringplus,
I know my total top up box from Ringplus almost $150.... but Merry Christmas Ringplus

comodosky said:   Finally porting out went through yesterday from Ringplus to Cricket, couple of lines having some issue.
It cost $100 a month for  5 line with tax included, was able to get 5 iPhone 5S for $79 each, I am pretty happy.
Besides, I don't have to worry about data over usage for my kids line, and Cricket call quality is lot better than Ringplus,
I know my total top up box from Ringplus almost $150.... but Merry Christmas Ringplus

Can I ask how you got 5 iphone 5S for $79 each? I just went to their web site and their current price is:Apple
iPhone 5s 16GB
★★★★★
★★★★★ 4.3 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.    4.3    (12)
$199.99    
with activation 

comodosky said:   I know my total top up box from Ringplus almost $150.... but Merry Christmas Ringplus

How long were you with Ringplus?

This looks more like a cold deal than hot deal...

How much money do you need in your account to be able to switch to the Mad Free Building Block plan?

foghorn19 said:   

Go with Tello. You will pay about $4 per month ($0.03/min voice, $0.01/txt, $0.02/MB). No monthly line charge like Ting has.

I got two lines for family members who use their phones like you, and it's perfect. No complaints at all.

Tello works very simply, there are no gimmicks, tricks or surprises like Ringplus. The website is really simple and, the biggest surprise of all, customer service is prompt, efficient and very courteous. Quite a shock given the pricing. I hope they succeed. I'm not associated with Tello except as a regular customer.

You must have a FED-approved Sprint device. Tello sells affordable phones too. I bought a flip phone for the elderly family member and it worked out of the box just fine. (Edit: bought flip phone from Tello website).

I just went to the Tello web site. They have a new minimum monthly charge of $5 a month. So I could get 200 minutes for $5 or (100 minutes and 200 texts) for $5. But $5 is the minimum monthly payment.

I ran a quick spreadsheet and Tello would be cheaper than RingPlus for the first 6 months. Starting with month 7, RingPlus becomes cheaper. The big question is will RingPlus keep the plan for at least 7 months? I know they have been retiring plans left and right. I am in the mess because RingPlus is dropping my plan in 5 days. I could grab Tello until RingPlus comes out with a better deal. It's a crap shoot. Luckily we are not talking about a lot of money either way. Thanks everyone for your help.

Tello also has a pay as you go plan (3 cents per minute, 1 cent for text), but I don't know how that works. Is there a service charge? Or monthly fee for that service? I mean what if I did not make or received a call or text for 6 months. Would my balance stay the same and would the phone still stay active? I don't know how it works yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017