• 1TB Hard Drive
  • AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
  • DVD-RW Drive
  • Micro SD Card Reader
  • 10/100 Network
  • 802.11ac Wireless
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 15.6" HD LED-backlit Display

p.s.: i purchased one today and havent yet opened the box. Im so excited. It should be a nice laptop for basic use right? i hope it wont be slow.

Views
12 Comments
Add Comment
screen: 1366x768

probably could have guess that at this price but would be nice to list resolution on every laptop posting

even though is has that screen resolution, isnt it still an awesome deal? the specs arent too low, yet the price is as low as it gets for a full featured with cd/dvd laptop and good ram and hard drive size right? so even though its not a super powerful computer, its still a good deal (awesome bang for the buck) imho. unless youre a hardcore gamer or photoshop/autocad user, i think this is fine for most people

Screens are not THAT expensive, can't understand why they keep insisting on putting 1366x768 displays in 15.6" notebooks (or 13.3 for that matter)... but it does have HDMI and at this price point could double as a low cost portable and a desktop with external monitor / keyboard. But then again, there are likely a lot of folks out there that don't care about resolution like I do. lol.

That said its a pretty solid machine for $199. If you like the machine but want more processing power Best Buy has the intel i3-6100u version of it on sale for $269.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-110-15isk-15-6-laptop-intel-c...

So for about $70 you will get nearly double the performance and lower heat. the AMD gets about a 2400 passmark score and the i3 gets 3900... and 520 graphics will run circles around the amd as well. But then again $70 on a $199 purchase is a pretty big price jump.

Sadly once you run with 8gb of ram and a solid state, your pretty jaded in terms of performance. This thing would be dead slow to me due to that fact. A seamless running computer with no wait time is worth every penny to me. Why get frustrated every day over a few hundred bucks? Also, stop putting optical drives in laptops!!! This is almost 2017, put in more cells or make the laptop lighter.

Amazon review has this

The clever designers (tongue in cheek) swapped the right shift and up Arrow key

bestbuy1115 said:   linkie 

• AMD A4-7210 Processor 1.8GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 10
  • 4GB DDR3L RAM
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
  • DVD-RW Drive
  • Micro SD Card Reader
  • 10/100 Network
  • 802.11ac Wireless
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 15.6" HD LED-backlit Display

p.s.: i purchased one today and havent yet opened the box. Im so excited. It should be a nice laptop for basic use right? i hope it wont be slow.

re: Amazon review has this

The clever designers (tongue in cheek) swapped the right shift and up Arrow key 

did this happen to every unit?

Other than the slow cpu, you're getting your money's worth, The A4-7210  @ Passmark = 2464 is slow. We now recommend Passmark 3000 as a minimum after having buyers claim their new computer is defective.  It's just SLOW! 

im now having a little buyers remorse since i read the post about "The clever designers (tongue in cheek) swapped the right shift and up Arrow key." does every unit of this model lineup suffer from this problem? also, can i get a second opinion about the a4-7210 being too slow? I am using an HP 15-ba009dx with a passmark thats similar to it (the HP 's is 2600) and I dont think its too slow. but the hps wireless card isnt 802.11ac so i dont like it in that aspect.

as i said i bought this computer from microcenter yesterday, and was so happy. after doing some research, i have realized that you get what you pay for. in order for a computer to be dirt cheap (e.g., $200) compromises  have to be made in a computer (e.g., slower CPU, older wifi card, refurb, little ram). I havent yet opened the box. for what other computer from microcenter should i exchange this laptop? I am just gonna use it for basic web surfing. but, id like it to have a fast enough CPU, webcam, 802.11ac (the current wireless standard), cd/dvd drive, and 10/100/1000 Ethernet. basically i'd like it to have all the current modern features.

please advise. thanks

well, donc is right. its for those on a very tight budget. it skimps on some features, i admit

If the memory max out at 4GB, it's not good. It better have a memory socket even if one has to tear apart the laptop case. Personally I run Win7 with a cpu rated 1900+, it seems a lot quicker when I added memory to 6GB from 4GB.
I imagine Win10 acts the same way.

I picked this up for 179.99 on black Friday sale, added an 8gb dimm, and it runs fine duel booting Ubuntu and Win10.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017