posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

T-Mobile - Complete SIM Starter Kit - White
$2.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/t-mobile-complete-sim-starter-kit-white/8699899.p?skuId=8699899

This T-Mobile complete SIM starter kit includes a nano SIM card with micro and standard SIM adapters, enabling you to activate T-Mobile's no-contract, nationwide 4G LTE service on select phones and tablets.

Views
11 Comments
Add Comment
THis is on sale every month for 0.99 or free. Not hot.

Dealpouncer said:   THis is on sale every month for 0.99 or free. Not hot.

I took my $.99 Starter Kit to a T-Mobile phone store.  An attendant was able to upgrade an older-model SIM card so my prepaid plan now includes free WiFi calling.  There was no charge for the service.  In fact, the attendant told me I did the right thing by buying it online because the T-Mobile store price was $19.99. That was about a year ago.  You may be right about it going on sale every month,  but I've only noticed the $.99 sale price once since then.

These work just fine on postpaid lines as well, and yes, lots of stores will charge $20 for a SIM card on a new phone. Last month the store we go to wanted $20 each for SIMs on new phones, they have never charged us for SIM cards before.

I have used the prepaid kit SIM cards on several phones on prepaid service, I do the activation on the internet, and they work just fine.

If I were looking for more SIMs for T-Mo, I would certainly jump on this. The last two batches I ordered from T-Mo directly were pre-registered to me even though they weren't activated. That caused problems when I have a SIM to a family member for their iPad. So I no longer keep more than one or two around since the ones from T-Mo direct aren't completely clear to activate on any account.

So these from WorstBuy presumably not linked to anyone's account.

$3.99 at T-Mobile 

also the cheapest way to convert your landline to google voice.

I bought this. The SIM they shipped me was "cold"; not scanned in their system. So T-Mobile says they can't activate it and I have to talk to Best Buy. Best Buy says they can't fix it over the phone and I have to take the SIM into the store. Hassle.

Well, I do need a reminder every 5 years or so why I should never do business with Best Buy.

Does any know if this SIM could be activated for a post-paid line? I don't want it for pre-paid.
Thanks .

Papu141 said:   Does any know if this SIM could be activated for a post-paid line? I don't want it for pre-paid.
Thanks .

I have used T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards on post-paid lines several times. You can do the SIM swap yourself via the website.

I believe that WalMart sells them for $5 as their regular price, so if you don't want to wait and have a lower chance of getting one that hasn't been scanned at the warehouse that might be an option.

HighTechnology said:   If I were looking for more SIMs for T-Mo, I would certainly jump on this. The last two batches I ordered from T-Mo directly were pre-registered to me even though they weren't activated. That caused problems when I have a SIM to a family member for their iPad. So I no longer keep more than one or two around since the ones from T-Mo direct aren't completely clear to activate on any account.

So these from WorstBuy presumably not linked to anyone's account.

They are all pre-registered now.  I just take them into a T-Mobile store, they realize this then pull another one out of their drawer.  Have done it 3 times and not been charged.

deleted

spdracer5g said:   
Papu141 said:   Does any know if this SIM could be activated for a post-paid line? I don't want it for pre-paid.
Thanks .

I have used T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards on post-paid lines several times. You can do the SIM swap yourself via the website.

I believe that WalMart sells them for $5 as their regular price, so if you don't want to wait and have a lower chance of getting one that hasn't been scanned at the warehouse that might be an option.

This is good info.  Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017