Barebone Mini PC's Day after Christmas Sale FRYS - Gigabyte BRIX 5th Gen Core i7-5500 Barebone $125.99 one day only + more
 Gigabyte BRIX 5th Gen Core i7-5500 Barebone $125.99

http://www.frys.com/product/84915...IN_RSLT_PG 

Gigabyte BRIX Barebone Ultra Compact PC kit AMD Richland Processor A8-5557M 2.1G/3.1G $68.91

Gigabyte BRIX 5th Gen Core i5-5200 $88.19

Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXi5-4570R Barebone i5-4570R 3.20 GHz $138.17 

Views
23 Comments
Add Comment

In-Store Pick-up Only

Ya ever see a Fry's line on a sale day?

Never seen a Fry's

blueribb said:   In-Store Pick-up Only
  But none of the stores have them in stock. Welcome to Fry's marketing methods that seem designed for self destruction. Well done Fry's! May you burn in hell this Christmas. LOL!

that's why I don't usually go to frys when I need to buy some electronic items.

TellyTubby said:   
  But none of the stores have them in stock. Welcome to Fry's marketing methods that seem designed for self destruction. Well done Fry's! May you burn in hell this Christmas. LOL!

Since there is no stock showing online is ordering for store pickup not live until tomorrow?

Noahbody123 said:   
TellyTubby said:   

Since there is no stock showing online is ordering for store pickup not live until tomorrow?

Fry's don't have any to sell you... anywhere. There is no tomorrow.  Merry Xmas from Fry's!

TellyTubby said:   
Noahbody123 said:   
TellyTubby said:   

Fry's don't have any to sell you... anywhere. There is no tomorrow.  Merry Xmas from Fry's!

The "ADD TO CART" option is grey no matter what zip code you search.  That suggests no ordering until tomorrow.  Do you know for a fact there is no stock or are you just thread crapping on FRY's?

Helpful! Thanks for share.

Noahbody123 said:   
TellyTubby said:   
Noahbody123 said:   
TellyTubby said:   

The "ADD TO CART" option is grey no matter what zip code you search.  That suggests no ordering until tomorrow.  Do you know for a fact there is no stock or are you just thread crapping on FRY's?

I'm just thread crapping Fry's. Seriously.

sold out in LA and Las Vegas.

Well they where out of about everything here in Phoenix. They did have an Asus 4th generation i3 for $110 make a nice toy to play with. In for 1

Must be popular!
All sold out locally.

TO CLARIFY:  I managed to get these 2 items purchased for Local Pickup for tomorrow, Monday.

I live in the Dallas area and thus have 4 local stores around me.
I managed to snag the "MSI Z97 Nightblade Gaming Barebone" for $161
and the "Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band - Black" for $38 at 2 different stores (1 item from each store).
Fry's actually has a promo to pay for the Sales Tax so that's another $16 saved in taxes.
I hope the Nightblade is worth it.

OOS on all three in Downers Grove.

Note that even though it says it will work with Windows 7, it only has USB 3.0 ports, for which Windows 7 does not have native support for. You will need to learn how to inject the USB drivers into your install medium before being able to install windows 7.

TellyTubby said:   

Exactly. Here's a sale you will never be able to participate in. Complete BS. 

why not just buy one of these:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1547503 (laptop with i5 CPU and 8GB RAM, 1T drive) 

thsze said:   why not just buy one of these:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1547503 (laptop with i5 CPU and 8GB RAM, 1T drive) 

Can't mount that to the back of a tv. well, not as easily or clean. I dont remember ever seeing anything in stock at Fry's when it comes to sales. Me smelling class action

I went to Fry's this morning at 8am, right as they opened - they had none of the BRIX's in stock. The employee was puzzled why they would advertise it since they had been out of stock for a while according to him. He had no idea it was in their ad. Very frustrating.

CLBrian said:   I went to Fry's this morning at 8am, right as they opened - they had none of the BRIX's in stock. The employee was puzzled why they would advertise it since they had been out of stock for a while according to him. He had no idea it was in their ad. Very frustrating.
  It turns out this was an advertising of clearance items so that explains the lack of stock anywhere. But why they advertised something, of which they had no stock anywhere in California, I don't know.

Bought the intel nuc I5 5250U from bhphotovideo for $349. Used Discover for price protection to match to $108.48. Spoke with claims adviser and was told it is covered. Woohoo.  30 day return policy from bhphotovideo is a big plus so if Discover won't pricematch, then still can return.

thsze said:   why not just buy one of these:

Normally I would consider more value in a laptop considering you can usualy find similarly specced i3 and i5 mini comps, but 2 thing. #1 The mini computers while not as thin, are no where near as wide as a laptop, key for when it is going to set around your TV or on a small computer desk (the 2 main demographics of these things). And #2, the lack of a battery means in the future you don't have to worry about battery failure causing any problems.No leaking and some laptops won't function if the battery is powerless, even plugged in. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017