posted 2 months ago by
SNakian
Blissful member

I'm always wary of purchasing restaurant.com gift cards due to their strict rules and numerous restrictions. I was once given one as a gift which turned out to be a hassle to use. The movie ticket deal looks good and include most of the known theaters, including AMC and Pacific. 
I'm still considering this purchase. I wonder what you guys think. 
2 Movie Tickets + $100 Restaurant.com eGift Card for $30  

10 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Restaurant.com coupon thread.
rated:
$6 for $100 restaurant.com is too much...

rated:
They don't seem to be gift cards at all. They're basically forcing you to pay for a coupon. They call them 'certificates' to get around the gift card requirements.

ie the 'gift card' (or 'certificate') you buy may save you $10, but generally can't be used unless you spend $50 at the restaurant. So, it's basically just a 20% off coupon, that you had to buy in advance.

Two movie tickets for $30 is basically what you're getting.

rated:
I'd be embarrassed to give this as a gift. There's so many restrictions it's difficult to impossible to use.

rated:
I haven't seen anything at restaurant.com worth getting for years. Limited restaurants take them. They're usually full of restrictions and you can do just as well finding coupons or using Entertainment book. e.g. The one Mexican place I'd go to requires you to spend $20 to use the $10 restaurant coupon and they routinely have B1G1 coupons in the mail so the restaurant.com deal is no better than the free coupons.

rated:
The $100 coupon requires a minimum purchase of $200 at the restaurant, and generally restaurants (or at least their staff) HATE when you use these. Lots of restrictions (no alcohol I believe, for example). Additionally, the movie tickets are up to $12/ticket.

rated:
elBulli said:   The $100 coupon requires a minimum purchase of $200 at the restaurant, and generally restaurants (or at least their staff) HATE when you use these. Lots of restrictions (no alcohol I believe, for example). Additionally, the movie tickets are up to $12/ticket.

You don't have to use the full $100 all at once at a single restaurant.   The deal is for a $100 restaurantcom card.    You can use that $100 to redeem for various restaurant specific certificates.   i.e. 2x $25 at one place and 5x $10 at another, or however you'd like to cut it.

the deal says:
"This eGift Card can be redeemed all at once or split up to select multiple restaurants and/or denominations"

rated:
Haven't been able to find anything on restaurant.com in a long time.

rated:
Is paying $30 for two tickets worth something or a good deal? Even at $6 per $100 for the restaurant.com value, you still have to find appropriate restaurants to go redeem. Many times the restaurants have a limit on their use and I normally value the savings at 25% of the check. In other words, even if the certificates were free, they have limited value in certain cities. I would think going to Costco or Sams and picking up a two ticket plus $10 in concessions is a better value for $28 is something that most people can understand and redeem.

rated:
jerosen said:   
elBulli said:   The $100 coupon requires a minimum purchase of $200 at the restaurant, and generally restaurants (or at least their staff) HATE when you use these. Lots of restrictions (no alcohol I believe, for example). Additionally, the movie tickets are up to $12/ticket.

You don't have to use the full $100 all at once at a single restaurant.   The deal is for a $100 restaurantcom card.    You can use that $100 to redeem for various restaurant specific certificates.   i.e. 2x $25 at one place and 5x $10 at another, or however you'd like to cut it.

the deal says:
"This eGift Card can be redeemed all at once or split up to select multiple restaurants and/or denominations"

Right, but essentially you're just buying $100 worth of "20% off"coupons, not gift cards. That's the real issue. Why pay anything for "20% off" coupons when you can get them for free from other sources?

If you split this up into 10x$10 certificates, you have to actually spend approx $500 at the 10 restaurants in order to redeem them.

rated:
^canoeguy1 I agree they are not a great deal. From what I'm seeing they're more like B1G1 coupons.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017