klopmaass
Shopaholic Member

Use PM Coupon code IVOI8PSY for 100ft
Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017R12KF2

Use PM Coupon code 854OA8PB for 50ft Price is $8.36
Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017R12JMQ

8 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 22, 2017 @ 5:53pm
rated:
Fakespot gives this listing a big red F (phony reviews)

rated:

rated:
The OP's Amazon link is for FLAT cable, though, which is different from regular "round" ethernet cable - could be less obtrusive in some situations. It's also quite a bit lighter or feels lighter.

rated:
Great deal. Thanks

rated:
Coupon doesn't work for white. Reviews on flat cables in general seem to complain they use thin wire. Anyone sell better ones at a decent price. At 100', I think I'll benefit from thicker wire.

rated:
Short primer on Ethernet cables.

Cheap no-name cables usually use copper clad aluminum wires (CCA). This is just aluminum wires with a very thin layer of copper on the outside of them. Aluminum does not conduct electricity as well as copper, and is more brittle. A CCA wire will not flex as well as copper, and is more prone to breaking internally. Also, because of worse conductivity, it cannot carry a signal as far without interference. A long CCA cable such as 100 feet could cause dropouts, packet loss, and other oddities in your network.

A Ethernet cable rated to the cat5/cat5e/cat6 standard *MUST* use %100 copper wire. Any Ethernet cable made with CCA wire claiming to be cat5/cat5e/cat6 is false advertising.

I do not know if "flat" Ethernet cables can conform to the Ethernet standard either, as part of the standard requires the 8 internal wires to be wrapped around each other.

rated:
safe to say that if you're expecting quality networking signal you won't find it in cheap bargain cables, especially that of dubious origin sold in amaz0n and shipped from china.

rated:
But I saw it on Fat Wallet, it has to be good!

=aw

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017