Posted with ToGo

New BlackBerry Passport *AZERTY Keyboard* GSM 32GB 4G LTE (Unlocked) Smartphone
$189.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BlackBerry-Passport-AZERTY-Keyboard-GSM-32GB-4G-LTE-Unlocked-Smartphone-/191975446771

Views
11 Comments
Add Comment
If you really need security this is the one to get. OS10.3 (FBI proof) and BBM servers are in Canada so you won't have to worry about Google or Apple rolling over and giving the government anything they want.

nsdp said:   If you really need security this is the one to get. OS10.3 (FBI proof) and BBM servers are in Canada so you won't have to worry about Google or Apple rolling over and giving the government anything they want.

Good luck with that. The Canadian equivalent of the FBI, the RCMP, has Blackberry's encryption keys.

How Canadian Police Intercept and Read Encrypted BlackBerry Messages

this is an ok phone. Moved to the blackberry classic which i love for email/message. Had this one, and had so many issues. Won't fit in pocket well either.

Not feeling the keyboard that is missing half the keys. I'm guessing something onscreen helps you with missing letters? Seems a lot more effort than a full onscreen QWERTY keyboard.

nsdp said:   If you really need security this is the one to get. OS10.3 (FBI proof) and BBM servers are in Canada so you won't have to worry about Google or Apple rolling over and giving the government anything they want.
  Just so that you know: Blackberry devices are NOT secured from Government surveillance. Blackberry provide backdoor to many many Governments. Blackberry has a separate product called "SecuSUITE for Government" encryption software, which is believed to make a Blackberry device of one particular country's Government secure from other Governments. This product isn't sold to the retail or enterprise consumers. It has been reported that German Chancellor Angela Merkel use a Blackberry with SecuSUITE. But I have a hunch that the information was intentionally leaked and the phone was a decoy. She use more trustworthy German solution.

If you need real security, you have to look elsewhere. Don't trust Blackberry for security. Among common consumer devices, Apple products, when properly encrypted, are most secure.

Still a great phone after all this time

bandyopa said:   
  Just so that you know: Blackberry devices are NOT secured from Government surveillance. Blackberry provide backdoor to many many Governments. Blackberry has a separate product called "SecuSUITE for Government" encryption software, which is believed to make a Blackberry device of one particular country's Government secure from other Governments. This product isn't sold to the retail or enterprise consumers. It has been reported that German Chancellor Angela Merkel use a Blackberry with SecuSUITE. But I have a hunch that the information was intentionally leaked and the phone was a decoy. She use more trustworthy German solution.

If you need real security, you have to look elsewhere. Don't trust Blackberry for security. Among common consumer devices, Apple products, when properly encrypted, are most secure.

Are you guys politicians?
With all this talk about individual security, I get it... but not to this level.  If you're talking about stealing wifi, smoking weed, running a red light, or cheating on your spouse, I really don't think the gov't will come after you, or waste their time with your personal nonsense.

If you're a politician, or the like, then perhaps these posts above will pertain to you.  Honestly, I couldn't care if I was interested in the phone.

g0dMAn said:   
bandyopa said:   

Are you guys politicians?
With all this talk about individual security, I get it... but not to this level.  If you're talking about stealing wifi, smoking weed, running a red light, or cheating on your spouse, I really don't think the gov't will come after you, or waste their time with your personal nonsense.

If you're a politician, or the like, then perhaps these posts above will pertain to you.  Honestly, I couldn't care if I was interested in the phone.

Hi, Hillary here!

http://www.netanimations.net/hammer2.gif

The AZERTY key board is for Continental Europe which means the comments on RCMP, FBI and GCHQ don't apply.  The encryption keys are different for the EU and subject to EU privacy which none of the Five Eyes have access without the approval of the European Court of Justice..

What is that thing!!! Geez, I see why blackberry didn't stay afloat. The ugly duckling of smartphones.

dishdude said:   Not feeling the keyboard that is missing half the keys. I'm guessing something onscreen helps you with missing letters? Seems a lot more effort than a full onscreen QWERTY keyboard.
  What missing letters?   I count all 26 letters..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017