posted 48 years ago by
Sdeout73
Cranky Member

Use coupon code INTC1MONTH during sign up for the free trial and it will change it from 7 days to 1 month.  It does require a credit card but as soon as you sign up you can go into your account / manage plan / cancel and you still get to keep the Free Month.

https://directvnow.com

Views
8 Comments
Add Comment
How is this different than Netflix, Amazon, Hulu?

It's a combination of live streaming TV channels like Comcast/DirecTV/TimeWarnerCable plus videos on demand like Netflix/Amazon/Hulu.

Decent selection of national and local channels, plus a good number of sports channels you cannot get with Netflix/Amazon/Hulu.

myisland said:   How is this different than Netflix, Amazon, Hulu?

DirectTV Now lets you stream 120+ cable TV channels with 15,000 on demand titles for $35/month.

Netflix, Amazon & Hulu have random collection of previously aired TV shows, movies and original productions.   They have 4,500, 7,600 and 3,400 on demand titles respectively.

One big difference is that Netflix, Amazon and Hulu actually work. I am trying DirectTV Now with a Fire TV box and quality is horrible. I have 150mbps internet and stream lots of other sources, but directtv now is frustrating as heck to watch. Constant buffering and dropping a station so you have to reload the stream. The one good thing is that I can use my direct TV subscription to access the ESPN app (they ake you enter a valid cable or satelite account to access live content) so I could watch Monday Night Football last night. I couldn't watch it on DirectTV Now - contantly froze and buffered or crashed. Switched to the ESPN app thrugh the FireTV box and had prefect HD picture the whole game. I think they are just not ready with their servers to handle the volume of customers they have. Bummed because I trimmed down to basic cable thinking this would work and now have to go back.

To be fair, I also tried Dish Sling with similar issues - freezing and dropping of streams and also dropping video resolution to crazy low poor picture so you can watch the pixels move around the screen.

Both providers said it was a local problem or internet speed problem, but the ability to view other streams on the same device means that is crapola excuse.

Again, very bummed as I want to cut the cord and do not live within 100 miles of a strong OTA signal.

It would explain why they don't have a Roku app. The service can't take the load.

Live tv streaming is in very limited markets, not mine, 97526

I click on sign up and all I get is a fox tv cartoon ad family guy

DirectVNow is "not ready for prime time"

Very poor quality. Same issues as jmk2951. 80% of the time I can't get the on demand programs to play at all. I was able to use my membership to get HBOGO working and watch the content that way but could not get the same HBO movies to stream on DirectVNow. Unless you are very patient, wait until they debug...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017