Avatar
posted 48 years ago by
zhiyi
Happy Member

both download and disk version are priced at $54.86 now. The download version does not charge tax.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L7SJQGM/

Views
34 Comments
Add Comment
Isn't this a better deal than what Costco sells it with the coupon applied? If I remember right, the Premier sells for $79.99 minus a $20 coupon typically available in January. The Costco version also includes one state and free Federal efiling.

Thanks. in for physical disk. Might as well jump now due to my lazy attitude towards tax returns. Have had difficult time finding good deals on TT late in the tax season.


OrderForm
Disclaimer
zhiyi said:   both download and disk version are priced at $54.86 now. The download version does not charge tax.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L7SJQGM/

  
I had sales tax added to the download version when I just purchased it. Are you are in a state that doesn't charge tax for anything on Amazon??

 

Check your credit union if you have one, I have PSECU and it lists Premier at 39.99.

What are the normal prices for these?

http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?keyword=turbotax&pageSize=96

Turbtax Premier is $55 after coupon at Costco. Deluxe is $40.

Unfortunately WPCU only offers $10 off Premier so it's $79 there.

I'm still holding out hope that https://www.creditkarma.com/tax will be a viable TT alternative.

seems high compared to H&R

Do check your Fidelity acct page, which may let you get this for free (YMMV).

jarfykk said:   http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?keyword=turbotax&pageSize=96 

Turbtax Premier is $55 after coupon at Costco. Deluxe is $40.

So Amazon is matching (or beating by 13 cents, if you want to be technical) Costco's price. They do this every year.

I see this was posted while I was composing my reply, but if you are a Fidelity Private Client Group customer, or a Premier Services and Active Trader client, login to your account to see if you have an offer for a free copy of Premier. See this thread for details:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1547309 

Edit: Removed. See my update post below.

Includes 5 free federal e-files and one download of a TurboTax state product (State: print for free or e-file for $19.99 each)*

Costco is also 2% CB on Costco purchases with Costco Visa. So if you don't have Discover, Costco is cheaper.

Mostly correct, but No tax is a gain for few folks. It saved me around $6 (CA Tax) if I compare it with Costco as costco collects tax on original price (unless you wanted to have a physical CD).
Subtotal: $69.99
Less Promo Code: ($15.00)
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $6.12
Order Total: $61.11


Now is a lousy time to buy tax software. As there will be a lot more cheaper specials in the next couple of months.
Last year I paid $12 for TaxAct that included state.

how is this different than using the online version on their website? whats the advantage? thanks.

enrohT said:   how is this different than using the online version on their website? whats the advantage? thanks.
  Main advantage is you don't have to store all your sensitive tax/income information in the cloud somewhere, I'd say.

It is a great deal with the no-rush credits when choose the digital version. I will use the Discover to get another 5% back.

Seal said:   Do check your Fidelity acct page, which may let you get this for free (YMMV).
  Yep.  Free for me from Fidelity.

couponking1953 said:   
Seal said:   Do check your Fidelity acct page, which may let you get this for free (YMMV).
  Yep.  Free for me from Fidelity.

  Are you guys seeing this on the main page when you log in? Or do you have to navigate somewhere to see it?

Since the Costco deal is so close to this one, I'm going to buy one from Costco, then if a better deal turns up later, I will return the Costco one for a refund.


Free Tax Prep for Low and Middle-Income Taxpayers | The TurboTax Blog
Disclaimer
TurboTax is completely free for People with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $58,000 or less. You don't have to buy any software or download either. Just file online using their website. Intuit has supported this program for nearly a decade. You can get more details here:
http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/free-tax-prep-for-low-a...

 

$65 for the Home and Business version. (Lol H&B) Same as Costco

Side Note: The Downloadable uses up your Digital Credits from earlier!  Woot. Saved a few bucks.

ssmajesty said:   TurboTax is completely free for People with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $58,000 or less. You don't have to buy any software or download either. Just file online using their website. Intuit has supported this program for nearly a decade. You can get more details here:
http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/free-tax-prep-for-low-a... 

 

  Doesn't do State tax filing right?

chrispitude said:   Not only is Amazon the 5% cash-back category for Discover (for the next three days!), but they also offer 90-day price protection on purchases, which includes physical-box software (but NOT software downloads).

I was wrong. Discover Card changed their price protection policy on 8/1/2016 to exclude a number of new items, including computer software in any form. (I called in to verify this.) See:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/price-pro...
 

This is the Premier version.... So if you don't have Investments and/or Rental Property you won't need this one.

Sams Club until Jan 29
TurboTax Deluxe Federal $29.86
TurboTax Deluxe Federal w/State $39.86
TurboTax Premier Federal w/State $54.86
TurboTax Home & Business Federal w/State $64.86
TurboTax Business Federal $104.86

Quicken Deluxe $34.86
Quicken Home & Business $59.86

Freebie is only available if your poor, have no investments, no house,no nothing....im well under the financial threshold but have a house,investments, dividends etc which eliminates me

Very helpful, thanks for post.

montee4 said:   
couponking1953 said:   
Seal said:   Do check your Fidelity acct page, which may let you get this for free (YMMV).
  Yep.  Free for me from Fidelity.

  Are you guys seeing this on the main page when you log in? Or do you have to navigate somewhere to see it?

Go to the thread I posted the link to. Not everyone gets it. You need to be a Private Client Group customer (typically $1m+) or Premier Services ($250k+) and Active Trader (120+ per year).

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1547309

State filing and investments are included.

Free version worked for me. I own a home and have investments. Have you actually tried to use it?

Thanks OP. I just placed an order for Premier with State for $54.86
Cheapest price I could find around for these products.
BTW, the deal is not expired. It's back in stock/



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017