Purchased the Deluxe version. Thanks!

What is TT Deluxe w/state price at COSTCO with this months coupon?

39.86 same price as Amazon
 

I purchased mine on Amazon right after the OP posted this and selected "slow" shipping for the $1 credit on books, mp3s, etc.

I got it today so that wasn't very slow.  Lol.  Thanks, OP.  

Does the price usually drop more by Feb or March?

SSi said:   Does the price usually drop more by Feb or March?
For the last couple years, it has not. I've always skipped the early deals waiting for one better, only to find that none came along. I think they rely on the fact that your hand will be forced as tax day approaches, and so there's no need to offer better incentives.

Saw this on SD for $32.10, is this the same thing? http://mytaxpro.org/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id...

matrix5k said:   Saw this on SD for $32.10, is this the same thing? http://mytaxpro.org/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id...
  That site IS NOT legitimate.  At a minimum, the software is stolen.  And it may be hacked

kinda stupid how TurboTax STILL doesn't let you merge return history between the download / software version and the online version. I usually file online, but jumped on one of these download deals a couple years ago, and now there's a gap in my online tax timeline for that year. Yes, I could just look it up manually, but I like having it all in on place.

Unless I'm missing something.

I had to pay for e-file for the first time last year (finally making "enough" to "qualify" for that). Will buying the Deluxe + state now prevent me from paying the ~$80 I paid last year to file?

bretyost said:   I had to pay for e-file for the first time last year (finally making "enough" to "qualify" for that). Will buying the Deluxe + state now prevent me from paying the ~$80 I paid last year to file?
  Nobody has to e-file.  With TurboTax you can e-file or print (which is always free).  With TurboTax the first 5 e-files are free.  For the state have the option of paying for e-file or printing (free) and mailing.
There are no other costs.

 

The 5 hour and 16 minute dial up download time estimate from Amazon kills this deal.

bigittyben said:   The 5 hour and 16 minute dial up download time estimate from Amazo kills this deal.
 

  You don't have to download. You can order the CD version for the same price and they will mail it to you (free shipping).

wtjc said:     Nobody has to e-file.  With TurboTax you can e-file or print (which is always free).  With TurboTax the first 5 e-files are free.  For the state have the option of paying for e-file or printing (free) and mailing.
There are no other costs.

 

  Your are mistaken. It is not common, but some individual taxpayers are required by the IRS to E-file. It hit me a couple of times when I was working overseas. I can't remember the triggers, but the IRS does require it of some people. IIRC, it hits you if you are "high income" + filing some specific forms (claiming certain items). For people working outside the US, lots of the expenses paid by employers are counted as "income", so you can become "high income" pretty easily. Many businesses are also required to e-file.

wtjc said:   
bretyost said:   I had to pay for e-file for the first time last year (finally making "enough" to "qualify" for that). Will buying the Deluxe + state now prevent me from paying the ~$80 I paid last year to file?
  Nobody has to e-file.  With TurboTax you can e-file or print (which is always free).  With TurboTax the first 5 e-files are free.  For the state have the option of paying for e-file or printing (free) and mailing.
There are no other costs.

 

TurboTax and other software companies usually allow people to e-file if they are essentially filling out a 1040EZ.  When your tax situation becomes more complicated, such as owning a rental property, they companies make you buy software to complete your taxes.  The IRS does not let people efile unless they use a third party vendor.  Thus, when you are in a theoretical better position financially you are earning enough that you aren't allowed to efile for free.

I would like to buy Deluxe but I'm concerned about all the technical issues. Has this been fixed or broken download?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017