posted 2 months ago by
elizabethbird
Happy Member

WalMart has the RCA 7" Tablet 16GB Quad Core includes Keyboard / Case on sale for $58.00.
Operating on Android's sweetest operating system yet, Android 5.0 (Lollipop), you can enjoy more of what the Google Play store has to offer. Use the included keyboard case to quickly compose emails, update social statuses and surf the Web. Share a smile with friends and family using the tablet's front camera. Use the tablet's built-in Bluetooth capability to connect and pair with compatible devices. Whether taking in a movie, playing a favorite game or surfing the Web, the RCA tablet's quad-core processor and 16GB flash-storage surely won't disappoint.

7 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 28, 2017 @ 1:34pm
rated:
Anyone have one of these inexpensive android tablets and have used or owned a BlackBerry Playbook as well? How do they compare to the Playbook as far as Web browsing goes?

rated:
I bought several of these with windows, they work great

https://www.walmart.com/ip/46172479 

$59.98   OOS right now
Not in the store, online only

rated:
From what I can tell this might be a better deal. Difference I can see is it clocked at 1.2ghz vs 1.3ghz and comes with android 6.0 vs 5.0. for $20 less.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Voyager-with-WiFi-7-Touchscreen-T...

rated:
titewad said:   Anyone have one of these inexpensive android tablets and have used or owned a BlackBerry Playbook as well? How do they compare to the Playbook as far as Web browsing goes?
I do not have experience with BlackBerry Playbook.
But we (my family) currently (recently) use(d)  many 7" Amazon Fire tablets, 5"-6" Android phones, 10" Android Tablets with Keyboards, 9 inch Windows (intel CPU) Tablet with Keyboard and 11 inch Windows Laptops with various Intel Atom CPUs.
15-20 devices in all. (I am a sucker for a cheap devices. Can not resist..)

My experience so far...

Android devices are very use-able for browsing 5inch and up.
Windows devices not much fun under 10 inches.

My 9" inch windows tablet and 11 inch Windows laptop have the same CPU and RAM.
But 9" inch is mostly used to read some downloaded book. Laptop is used for everything and works well.

Amazon 7" Kindles and 5.7 inch (LG Stylo with Snapdragon CPUs) phones are very snappy and are good for browsing.

10" Android tablet is nice for browsing / email, but does not do multi-tasking well.
This is 2 year old and runs an older version of Android.
But size is very nice for reading a book, checking email in bed etc.

I would certainly recommend Fire 7" tablets.
At $40 each, the value can not be beat.

11 inch Windows devices (with or without touchscreen) are good value in $100-$200 range.
Can be used for most non-programming tasks.

Devices in between (in price and size), are hard to justify.
More of a novelty or a secondary/tertiary device.
Mostly because the cheaper Android devices do not have enough memory (many of them are 512MB) or come with Android 4/5.

If we see an android 6/7 device with 1.5-2 GB RAM and a good CPU for under $100, it may be worth looking into.

Otherwise, hard to justify spending $50-$100 on these lower spec'ed tablets, when Windows computer sticks can be bought for $65 when on sale.

The (unlocked / prepaid) Android phones like LG Stylo (5.5"-6") can be bought for the same price as these cheap Tablets and these phones have much better specs.

rated:
Why do people spend $400+ on iPads when Android tablets are so cheap? The average user just goes on YouTube and Facebook.

rated:
I had Blackberry Playbooks for a couple of years, and we currently have several different Windows and Android tablets in the house. The Playbooks were great way back, but a decent Android or Windows 10 Tablet will be light years better. Right now my favorite are a couple of RCA cheapo 10" Windows tablets, they only have 2GB of ram, but work surprisingly well for typical day to day web browsing, Facebook and the like. I don't think I would care for a Windows Tablet smaller than 10" though, Android does a damned good job of that, we currently have several Amazon Fire Tablets (I know, not a proper Android), and a couple of LG G Pads, and really like them.

rated:
I'll offer the opposing viewpoints. I love my 8" Windows tablet. It is so portable I don't even bring my laptop when I travel anymore. It connects to TV's via HDMI and allows me to stream anything.

I also use it with TeamViewer to control other PC's, and run game emulation on it with Bluetooth gamepads.

The best $75 I ever spent on tech.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017