posted 2 months ago by
mdelmic
Happy Member

Federal Lake City 50 Cal BMG M33/M17 690 Grain FMJ Linked with Ammo Can 100 Rounds with Free Shipping Included
BUY NOW

• 2015 Production Lake City 50 Cal Ammo
  • 100 Rounds Linked in Ammo Can
  • 4 to 1 Ratio - 4 Ball M33 Rounds, 1 Tracer M17 Rounds

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Time to stock up on my favorite hunting round

rated:
letsspendlotsofmoney said:   Time to stock up on my favorite hunting round
  I just use them for plinking cans.

rated:
resin said:   

at $2.50 a pop I hope you're shooting some large cans... These work really well when you want to "reach out and touch someone" from about a mile away.. 

rated:
letsspendlotsofmoney said:   
resin said:   

at $2.50 a pop I hope you're shooting some large cans... These work really well when you want to "reach out and touch someone" from about a mile away.. 

These are not high MOA rounds -- just normal HMG rounds, so more like want to hit a pretty large/area Target at a mile away.     The higher accuracy (aKA Sniper or M1022) version isn't sold linked.

That is why these have tracers, after all.  

rated:
Are these just standard ball or do they include API.  the latter would be real neat but somehow I don't think so.  API is better if you are duking it out with someone. they open armored cars like a tin can and can bust concrete.  Very demoralizing for the guy on the receiving end.  Splinters from anything solid you hit within about 4 meters could take him out even the bullet is a clear miss.

rated:
Standard ball and tracer 4:1 -- API is not legal to buy new AFAIK. If you have existing rounds then you can own them. Oddly enough incendiary is legal, which is why the tracers can be sold, but Armor Piercing is restricted (sorta).

I ran across a forum where someone found a huge cache of AP ammo from the 50s and it was snatched up by reloaders because they could not get AP bullets.

Very technically the .50 is legal in API, but I suspect you wont find anyone willing to sell it to you. (restrictions are based on pistol and not rifle ammo) As soon as someone started selling it then the lefties would go nuts to get it banned as a destructive device.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017