Very nice deal coming at CVS starting Sunday 1/8.

Coke 12 Packs on sale 3 for $10 (note, price may vary by region).

Part of the spend $30, get $10 ECB offer (limit 1 per card). Deal tracks, do not have to purchase $30 in one order.

If you have 9 My Coke coupons, get 9 12 packs spread over orders, pay $0 (or just tax/crv), get back a $10 Extra Buck Reward.

If you have 6 coupons, buy $20 worth and $10 worth of the other items that count (bottled water, candy, etc), and get back $10, so essentially, that $10 is free a/ECB.

34 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Good way to use those MCR free 12 pack coupons and make it a MM.

Off topic, but at Target the coupons used to scan for full value ($4.99). anyone know other stores where the coupon autos for $4.99?

rated:
Isn't that fraud? If they are selling $3 or whatever and redeeming fir $4.99 with manufacturer?

rated:
tanner12oz said:   Isn't that fraud? If they are selling $3 or whatever and redeeming fir $4.99 with manufacturer?
  Ever heard of caveat venditor? 😄

rated:
I doubt I get my Coke coupons on time. Only have the ones they shipped for Nov. 28 so far. Still a decent price if you didn't use any coupons and got twelve 12 packs for $30 or $2.50 a 12 pack.

rated:
nm

rated:
Last year I used the coupons at WalMart. Their regular price on Coke was ridiculous, $5.75 or something.  I used the Savings Catcher and got back around $3 per pack.

rated:
I have had problems in redeeming multiple coke coupons at CVS in a single transaction. Part of the reason is that the coupon value is higher than the product price (on sale) - so their brain dead software thinks that you have more coupons than the price that you paid and won't let the coupon scan (might not mess up on the 1st two coupons but messed up on the 3rd). And the cashiers don't know and they start getting into discussions limit of one coupon per-purchase and all that crap.

One solution at the cash register is to split the transaction - e.g. do 2 packs in one transaction and then 2 more in the next.

You should also be ready for the dumb cashier to let the full value go through - i.e. ideally have some other items in your shopping trip besides the coke packs - this way the "lazy" cashier is not forced to override the coupon value.

[All this may be moot since unlike some others, I don't have 10 physical postal addresses with 10 coke accounts to have 10 rewards . I only have received one until now].

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
One solution at the cash register is to split the transaction - e.g. do 2 packs in one transaction and then 2 more in the next.

And that creates its own problem since CVS wants you to purchase 3 to get the discounted price.  So I avoid CVS for redeeming more than 1 or 2.

rated:
$3 a 12 pack is good, $2.50 is better, probably the best you can get at this time. Price Chopper in the NY New England area has had $2.50 for 2 weeks now. I try to use my free coupons when we need some Diet Coke and it's not on sale. The coupon expiration date for the one I have now is 3/31/17, so no need to use right away. Stocking up on Diet Coke is an issue because of the soda's expiration dates.

rated:
eddot98 said:   $3 a 12 pack is good, $2.50 is better, probably the best you can get at this time. Price Chopper in the NY New England area has had $2.50 for 2 weeks now. I try to use my free coupons when we need some Diet Coke and it's not on sale. The coupon expiration date for the one I have now is 3/31/17, so no need to use right away. Stocking up on Diet Coke is an issue because of the soda's expiration dates.

there's no benefit to a $2.50 or $3 sale when the item will be free either way after coupon, the reason this deal is better than yours is you MAKE $10 on top of it. redeeming these at Price Chopper, you get nothing but the free soda.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
eddot98 said:   $3 a 12 pack is good, $2.50 is better, probably the best you can get at this time. Price Chopper in the NY New England area has had $2.50 for 2 weeks now. I try to use my free coupons when we need some Diet Coke and it's not on sale. The coupon expiration date for the one I have now is 3/31/17, so no need to use right away. Stocking up on Diet Coke is an issue because of the soda's expiration dates.

there's no benefit to a $2.50 or $3 sale when the item will be free either way after coupon, the reason this deal is better than yours is you MAKE $10 on top of it. redeeming these at Price Chopper, you get nothing but the free soda.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I would never use a free 12 pack coupon when the price is $2.50 or $3.00. I was just pointing out the sale at Price Chopper this week. Your deal is great if you have several free 12 pack coupons and you can use 9 packs.  I only use free 12 pack coupons when we need some Diet Coke and it's not on sale. 

rated:
eddot98 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I would never use a free 12 pack coupon when the price is $2.50 or $3.00. I was just pointing out the sale at Price Chopper this week. Your deal is great if you have several free 12 pack coupons and you can use 9 packs.  I only use free 12 pack coupons when we need some Diet Coke and it's not on sale. 

OK, understand.  But I always try to leverage these to get something more than just the free soda.  Overage is great too, ie, getting the $4.99 value on a $2.50 sale. So with 2 coupons, you'd get 4 12 packs. 

rated:
MC: there's no benefit to a $2.50 or $3 sale when the item will be free either way after coupon

There is one benefit -- you'll pay less tax on the "free" $2.50 than on the "free" $3.00 (or a "free" $4.99).

As for getting overage, the best surefire method i had last year was at Target, when they had a B3G1F type of thing. They ring up as full price, then the free one is 0.00, so when they scroll back to find the price to write on the cpn, they see the full amount instead of the prorated 3.00/ea.

rated:
knickdigger said:   MC: there's no benefit to a $2.50 or $3 sale when the item will be free either way after coupon

There is one benefit -- you'll pay less tax on the "free" $2.50 than on the "free" $3.00 (or a "free" $4.99).

As for getting overage, the best surefire method i had last year was at Target, when they had a B3G1F type of thing. They ring up as full price, then the free one is 0.00, so when they scroll back to find the price to write on the cpn, they see the full amount instead of the prorated 3.00/ea.

Depends on the tax laws too, in my state the coupon deducts the corresponding sales tax, but if you are in a state where it doesn't, yes very valid point.

rated:
Yeah, its supposed to deduct the tax here, but 90% of the time, the fscking shipdit cashier enters it as a FOOD cpn instead of TAXABLE, so either i waste 5 minutes arguing/explaining how the moron is supposed to do the job they're being overpaid to do, or i just pay the extra whatever. Not to mention, any more conversation might make the dingbat notice i "got" 4.99 credit on a 2.50 product, and cause them to call the FBI.

rated:
knickdigger said:   Yeah, its supposed to deduct the tax here, but 90% of the time, the fscking shipdit cashier enters it as a FOOD cpn instead of TAXABLE, so either i waste 5 minutes arguing/explaining how the moron is supposed to do the job they're being overpaid to do, or i just pay the extra whatever. Not to mention, any more conversation might make the dingbat notice i "got" 4.99 credit on a 2.50 product, and cause them to call the FBI.

Right, encounter that nonsense too. Sometimes not worth fighting over 40 cents to lose $5 on the deal. But it is frustrating and happens a lot! Lots of stores collecting sales tax from customers they never have to pay to the state.

rated:
But I think it's a safe bet that any (at least any large) store that collects too much tax, also remits it to the government.

Doesn't make them any less stupid, but I don't think they pocket it.

=aw

rated:
Today I got 5 coupons in the mail (had earlier received 1) and a relative got all 4 of hers.

=aw

rated:
As for getting overage, the best surefire method i had last year was at Target, when they had a B3G1F type of thing. They ring up as full price, then the free one is 0.00, so when they scroll back to find the price to write on the cpn, they see the full amount instead of the prorated 3.00/ea.
Publix had been doing B2G2 (savings = $10.58). It's really cheap but I assume that would be a problem for the coupons as the price on the first 2 would be $5.29 each?

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   
As for getting overage, the best surefire method i had last year was at Target, when they had a B3G1F type of thing. They ring up as full price, then the free one is 0.00, so when they scroll back to find the price to write on the cpn, they see the full amount instead of the prorated 3.00/ea.
Publix had been doing B2G2 (savings = $10.58). It's really cheap but I assume that would be a problem for the coupons as the price on the first 2 would be $5.29 each?

Thanks!
=aw

you'd get the max, would run you .60c for the 4 with 2 Q's

rated:
Sorry to ask this.. where/how do we get this My Coke Rewards coupon?

rated:
dontcare4myname said:   Sorry to ask this.. where/how do we get this My Coke Rewards coupon?

it's too late, it was a holiday promotion.  12 pks for 30 MCR points.  Most maxed out at 4 (or was it 5?).

rated:
Six. (I got 1 in Nov and 5 in Dec, don't know if they were two different promos).

You can still get them from www.mycokerewards.com for 270pt which are worth about $4 so not much point. But as bob330i says, for a few weeks (every year?) they were 30 points or about 45c.

You get the points by entering codes from bottle caps and the tear-out portion of 12-packs.

=aw

rated:
From a post in groceries, looks like they have the same deal (3/$10, $10 ECB WYS $30) the following week of Jan 15-21.

I have had problems in redeeming multiple coke coupons at CVS in a single transaction. ... start getting into discussions limit of one coupon per-purchase and all that crap.

BTW if I can only expect to get $3.33 for each coupon on this deal (okay $3.333333333... ) i.e. no $4.99 on a $3.33 purchase, if they give me a hard time about using 3 coupons to buy 3 cases at once, could I just buy them 1 at a time? The single price is $4.49 and the coupon max is $4.99. That said the coupon itself says limit 4 per sale.

=aw

rated:
Thanks for updating thread title. Note that each week is separate, so if you and your friends/family have enough coupons you can do it twice (perhaps 6 per week with something else for $5). Or wait for the second week if you're expecting more coupons.

BTW can you use the $10 ECB from week 1 towards the $30 spend in week 2? IOW buy 9 cases for $30 in week 1, earn $10 ECB, buy 9 cases for $30 in week 2, redeem the $10 ECB, pay $20 OOP, and still get another $10 ECB? I think yes but I sometimes get the rolling-ness of different plans confused. (This is "rolling", right, meeting a spending Target with points and getting more points back?)

=aw

rated:
[edit: removed all references to Target, their cases are 3/$12 this week. Sorry for the mixup! =aw]

=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   Thanks for updating thread title. Note that each week is separate, so if you and your friends/family have enough coupons you can do it twice (perhaps 6 per week with something else for $5). Or wait for the second week if you're expecting more coupons.

BTW can you use the $10 ECB from week 1 towards the $30 spend in week 2? IOW buy 9 cases for $30 in week 1, earn $10 ECB, buy 9 cases for $30 in week 2, redeem the $10 ECB, pay $20 OOP, and still get another $10 ECB? I think yes but I sometimes get the rolling-ness of different plans confused. (This is "rolling", right, meeting a spending Target with points and getting more points back?)

=aw

The offer # on the ECB deal needs to be different from week to week and not an ongoing offer since it is limit 1. Be sure to make sure the offer is new and resets for the sale starting on 1/15, if its a continuation of the offer from 1/8, you can't do it again if you do it this coming week.

PS Ottawa, if you do 6 Q's for $20 worth of Coke, you need $10 of other qualifying items, not $5, as $30 is the threshold.

So it would be $10 OOP + any tax, get back $10 ECB in week 1.

if a new offer for week 2, you can repeat the above, use the $10 ECB to pay if you get 6 more cokes and $10 in other stuff with 6 Coke Q's, pay $0 oop + any tax, get back another $10 ECB.

rated:
Thanks for correcting my math. Sorry for misleading anyone.

Now I have to decide whether to use the coupons at CVS or pay for the $2.22 (CVS) cases now, and use the coupons later (I grabbed a couple and they expire Mar 31, don't know if there's any variation, e.g. the ones from Nov).

[edit: removed all references to Target, their cases are 3/$12 this week. Sorry for the mixup! =aw]

=aw

rated:
I had _no_ Diet Coke in the house, and only 2 Coke coupons in the car, so in the end I went to Publix and bought one case for $5.49 (figured I'd pay 50c just to get through to tomorrow ). The cashier just took $5.49 off. Obviously I didn't profit from this, and it was nice of him to do. We also bought other stuff and got another $50 gas card for $40 (there was a Publix coupon Fri-Sun where you got this if you also spent $50 on groceries).

=aw

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PS Ottawa, if you do 6 Q's for $20 worth of Coke, you need $10 of other qualifying items, not $5, as $30 is the threshold.

What if you only bought 2 at a time instead of 3? The price in my flyer is 3 for $10 or $4.49 each. Total spend on Coke would be $26.94 and you would only need $3.06 of other qualifying items.

rated:
wmnetid said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

What if you only bought 2 at a time instead of 3? The price in my flyer is 3 for $10 or $4.49 each. Total spend on Coke would be $26.94 and you would only need $3.06 of other qualifying items.

yes, that likely would work too.  But YMMV how that tracks.

rated:
Best deal these around here is when Raley's puts coke products on "sale" for $6.xx BOGO. The way their systems have rung up in prior years, it would credit 4.99 against the price of the "buy one", so I would get 2 twelve packs for about $1.xx.

rated:
Local CVS mgr would not take any coupons. Said you had to bogo it to get deal-Pay for one and get 1 free. Left with 0....

rated:
fwfan24 said:   Local CVS mgr would not take any coupons. Said you had to bogo it to get deal-Pay for one and get 1 free. Left with 0....

sounds like a real idiot. these aren't BOGO coupons. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017