posted 48 years ago by
boyofdestiny

Weber is closing out the Genesis gas grills and introducing the Genesis II.  The stainless steel model can be found at Home Depot for $799 and the enamel black for $699 with free home delivery.  Combined with 6 month free interest these are good deals.  

Views
10 Comments
Add Comment
That is the regular price they have been for many years. There is no deal at that price. Good grill though.

Looking for a new grill. Had to get rid of our Char Broil. Thanks, OP!

boyofdestiny said:   Weber is closing out the Genesis gas grills and introducing the Genesis II.  The stainless steel model can be found at Home Depot for $799 and the enamel black for $699 with free home delivery.  Combined with 6 month free interest these are good deals.  

So what is that, $100 off?  Not much of a deal IMO for clearance product.

these grills are top notch, the best. They never really go on sale..

Agree they don't often go on sale but can usually find at $699 and plenty of places that will have no sales tax promotions a couple times per year. Occasionally you can stack a coupon but they often exclude Weber products. I'm in the market right now for one actually but I don't currently like the look of the Genisis II. Maybe I can find a floor model on discount or something.

crusadertwin said:   these grills are top notch, the best. They never really go on sale..
  It's rare, but they do. I bought a copper one, nib, about a year and a half ahoy at HD for $449 clearance. If you look at some of the old threads you will see there was a clearance a few years back. 

They are great grills, the last one you will ever buy. 

Weber coming out with a Genesis II, but not clear if this is to replace or in addition to the current models. 
http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2016/08/new-2017-weber-genesis-g...

The $100 off deal has been going on for the past few months, and these are the same prices that Home Depot. Lowes, and others have been selling them for all fall/winter so far. The $100 started at the end of summer for all Genesis and Summit models, but they 'extended' the deal in November for just the Genesis models. It is Weber's hope that they will sell off the last remaining models before the stores have to ship the unsold units back. Weber has a price lock on their grills and does not allow stores to discount them any further, however, as Doofus stated, look at old threads and you will see annual clearance sales on Weber grills for the past few years. For example, over the summer Target and WalMart sold the Spirit E-210 for as low as $99 and the Spirit E-310 for as low as $149 at some of their stores (most were $199-$349). Also, 2-3 years ago, some people got various Weber Genesis and Summit models for $200-$400.

One thing to remember is that when you do buy a Weber grill on a clearance sale, they will almost always void your warranty because you did not pay full price. Some people have gotten around this if they did not request your receipt when doing warranty work. Knowing all of this, I would not risk a $599 or $799 clearance sale, but instead, I would wait till they drop another $200-$300.

I own the Kamado and very happy with it.  It retains heat much better than the old and current Weber due to thick ceramic body.  The only thing I don't like are too heavy and fragile.  Those who have a lot of nut and fruit tree save few bucks on the gas.  It is 5-in-1 (smoke, bake, sear, roast and char-grill).  My hope Weber come up with something new with better seal to retain heat.

speedy777 said:   I own the Kamado and very happy with it.  It retains heat much better than the old and current Weber due to thick ceramic body.  The only thing I don't like are too heavy and fragile.  Those who have a lot of nut and fruit tree save few bucks on the gas.  It is 5-in-1 (smoke, bake, sear, roast and char-grill).  My hope Weber come up with something new with better seal to retain heat.
  There is a better charcoal grill from weber but it is expensive. The summit charcoal, but it will cost you about as much a 2 genesis grills 

macdave said:   
speedy777 said:   I own the Kamado and very happy with it.  It retains heat much better than the old and current Weber due to thick ceramic body.  The only thing I don't like are too heavy and fragile.  Those who have a lot of nut and fruit tree save few bucks on the gas.  It is 5-in-1 (smoke, bake, sear, roast and char-grill).  My hope Weber come up with something new with better seal to retain heat.
  There is a better charcoal grill from weber but it is expensive. The summit charcoal, but it will cost you about as much a 2 genesis grills 

I paid the Pit Boss a 1/4 of the cost of the Summit charcoal.  The Summit and Caliber Pro Kamado sure standout from the crow.  Love how they look, but just can't justify spend that much money.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017