posted 5 months ago by
MISTERCHEAP
MOTY 2016

Free month of Hulu for existing users YMMVIn the process of cancelling Hulu last night, I was offered one free month of Showtime followed by a one month credit if I would retain my subscription.

- go to your profiles account's page
- At the bottom right, select "Cancel your subscription"
- Selected "I haven't found enough to watch"
- Hulu offered a one month Showtime addition
- After rejecting the one Showtime offer, Hulu offed the one month credit.

41 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Awesome worked,,, thanks for the tip

rated:
Worked for me. I was even prepaid up till March, now I'm good till April.
And it works for the "No commercials plan" too.

rated:
Just tried it did not work for me but I was on a free trial. It did offer the one month of Showtime though so it works for Showtime if you are on a free trial.

rated:
rayzz78 said:   Just tried it did not work for me but I was on a free trial. It did offer the one month of Showtime though so it works for Showtime if you are on a free trial.
  After rejecting the one Showtime offer, Hulu offed the one month credit.

rated:
Great, worked for me.

rated:
I was just concluding a 45 day free trial I got from Groupon and I wasn't offered squat. However, I noticed on one of my many emails I signed up for Hulu in the past, they were offering me a $20 gift card (delivered via email) if I signed up for two months of Hulu at $7.99 a month. So it should turn into a $4.02 MM and 2 months of free Hulu with the possibility of being offered more upon cancelation. You have to click on a special link they send to your former Hulu email address to register for this deal. I'm sure it's targeted.

rated:
I was offered a month of Showtime but not the month of Hulu. I assume my sub is still good to Jan 2 (its expiry) though they didn't say so, which most services do.

[added: actually no, now when I try to stream something it says to sign up or a free trial]

=aw

rated:
I'll sign up either for the $20 gift card (if they'll let me) or I'll do the free Roku Express for 4 months ($30). I realize one is a MM and the other isn't (might get 90% back selling the Roku), so the $20 GC is probably the first way to go.

=aw

rated:
Worked for me.  I did not get the Showtime offer, but I got the free month which extended my subscription.

rated:
I was offered the same when I cancelled the 45 day trial of Hulu, went ahead and cancelled it. Opted for 4 months + Roku for $29.99 , paid with Amex card, had the Hulu $25 off $25 offer. .

rated:
Nice starter gun for a teen. My 16 yr old has been begging for one but wants a concealable. Wonder how concealable this is. Pretty reliable piece.

rated:
Thank you - worked for me!

rated:
Couldn't find a GC email, and my free month with PayPal isn't valid, so maybe I used that one already (included return customers). Oh well.

=aw

rated:
Did NOT work for me....thanks for the post though

rated:
Thanks OP, just worked for me.

rated:
The GC offer is discussed in this thread

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1547186

and it doesn't seem to require a code. It also says it's available to some returning customers. I signed up and wasn't rejected, but like cashback websites I suspect the sale went through whether I qualified for the kickback or not. Will know after the second payment is taken. For now I stuck with the $8 plan and Limited Commercials, since I'm planning for worst case and not getting anything back. But I wanted Hulu.

Their 4-month plan ($30 and a free Roku Express) goes to March, so I may wait until then to get a friend to sign up for it.

=aw

rated:
Canceled my Hulu free trial 2 days ago. Season 19 & 20 of South Park and 12 Monkeys were fun and Fargo was excellent,

but the show of the Year is not on Hulu - it's Amazon's production of  Philip K. Dick's    The Man in the High Castle

rated:
po90260 said:   Canceled my Hulu free trial 2 days ago. Season 19 & 20 of South Park and 12 Monkeys were fun and Fargo was excellent,

but the show of the Year is not on Hulu - it's Amazon 's production of  Philip K. Dick's    The Man in the High Castle

Yes, an amazing series

rated:
Worked for me, with the no commercial add on.

rated:
Thanks. Angie Tribeca is a funny series. And Mars looks interesting.

rated:

rated:
Thanks, worked for me! I was planning on canceling today anyway. So now I have another month to find stuff to watch...

rated:
thanks,  got one month free added to my current 3 months.

rated:
Got a month free as well. Thanks!

rated:
Didn't work for me, I had the no commercials and showtime already.

rated:
Worked for me, had no commercials, no Showtime.

rated:
Thanks op, was really thinking of canceling anyway.

rated:
Already had no commercials and no Showtime. I only got an extra 2 weeks, but at least it is better than nothing.

rated:
I wasn't offered anything for canceling.

rated:
javad said:   I wasn't offered anything for canceling.
 Strange. I was just offered a free month.

rated:
worked for me I got 1 month free woohoo

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
javad said:   I wasn't offered anything for canceling.
 Strange. I was just offered a free month.

Same here. I think we both were coming to the end of the two-month sub. that had a $20 Visa card offer. I picked "technical issues" as my reason to cancel, which is true in my case (see below).

If you have a Plenti account, be sure to link it to your Hulu account. There are recurring offers that pay 200 points (effectively $2) for watching 10 episodes of certain shows in comedy, drama, and kids' show categories. They seem to run them twice a month, every two weeks. If you complete each of the three offers twice a month, that is $12 worth of Plenti credits which more than pays for the cost of Hulu. Pretty good deal, thought I find the tracking to be inaccurate and that I have to call Plenti CS to get the credits applied. YMMV perhaps on these offers.

I have liked Hulu so far, especially some of their original series. My gripe is that the streaming quality varies in that I get lots of buffering and interruptions at times. I don't have these issues with Netflix or Amazan streaming.

rated:
I went to cancel a couple of days (exp Feb 28) and they offered me a free month. Took it and next billing date changed to Mar 28. I was coming off the $20 Visa offer too.

But today Hulu only works on my notebook on the website. It doesn't work on my room or my Android phone (app).

Couldn't get a response from chat support. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
Now, these tips still work? Anyone has tried it recently?

rated:
It worked for me about 2 days ago (I know I just posted but not sure I said when). Didn't work for me some weeks ago on a different account.

And to follow up on my last post above, Hulu on my Roku and Android app are working again. Guess it was just a hiccup.

=aw

rated:
worked for me today.

rated:
Worked for me 2 minutes ago. Tomorrow was my billing date. May cancel for good if new episodes of Rick and Morty don't appear.

rated:
qiyayo said:   Now, these tips still work? Anyone has tried it recently?
 Do you actually read the thread? The day before you posted this I mentioned it worked for me (just a four posts up from yours).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017