posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 6K

Posted with ToGo

SafeRacks Overhead Garage Storage Combo Kit w/ Hook Pack
$259.99
http://www.costco.com/SafeRacks-Overhead-Garage-Storage-Combo-Kit%2c-Two-4-ft.-x-8-ft.-Racks%2c-18-piece-Deluxe-Hook-Accessory-Pack-.product.100133736.html 

• SafeRacks ceiling brackets are 27" long and designed to be attached to 2 separate ceiling joists.
  • Our patented design is the strongest overhead storage solution available with a lifetime warranty to back it up.
  • The weight is being distributed evenly across the ceiling joists.
  • Our competitors utilize 4" ceiling brackets that must be installed into a single joist.
  • We feel this design lacks in strength and safety.
  • Too much weight is being focused on a single point of each ceiling joist.

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
If you don't need a two-pack, Home Depot has this same rack (made by Newage) on sale for $109.

I have two of these that I bought from Sears (which they don't appear to carry anymore) and love them! I can't speak to the hook kit though.

rated:
The Newage Racks only attach to one Joist at each corner instead of across 2 like the SafeRacks.
You could improvise this yourself with some perforated angle channel but adding additional cost of course.
The SafeRacks bundle also included a hanging hook set which runs around $70 alone.

rated:
When I was originally shopping for ceiling storage for my garage, I thought the SafeRacks were overpriced. But then this same Costco deal happened last year, and I pulled the trigger.

Dang, these things are SOLID. Plus, the two-stud ceiling brackets give more flexibility in positioning in both directions. And the hooks are really great too; just rotate them onto the frame until they seat, and bam - done.

rated:
 I purchased the rack sold by Costco as the ceiling mounted beams are longer and it is easier to go across two beams so it is easier to pick the mounting location.  Some of the other companies cannot reach across two beams.  Mine went in pretty easily - funny though, I ended up not needing the flexibility of going across beams.

rated:
I purchased this set directly from saferacks.com for $238.49 after using coupon code 10ACC . Their shipping is free and did not charge me sales tax.
Very impressed with this product. It is built very well.

rated:
Tbird thanks for the info. That is an even better deal. They also have seconds on occasion at a great price and still structurally perfect. +1

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017