posted 48 years ago by
perrymiller32

Bestbuy has the Monster - Silver Advanced Performance 8' Fiber-Optic Audio Cable - Black on sale for $24.99.
Channel powerful audio with this Monster Silver Advanced Performance audio cable, which features specially tuned optical fiber with precision-polished terminations and an InsuLight inner jacket. The Duraflex jacket simplifies routing and installation.

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
where's the deal?

sorry to break it to you Perry, unless you are talking ~90% off, any Monster sale is still a not a deal. Especially since we hit all digital cables. Once upon a time someone told me cheap optical cables use recycled glass, versus new. Well I must have recycled ears, because I never was able to tell a difference & I was a home theater installer. Don't overpay for your optical & HDMI cables, unless you don't like $$, or other things that could be bought with that $$. Take a hint if their directions for a surge protector tell you to unplug it from the wall during a storm, otherwise you may not be covered 

Monoprice optical cables - $8.55 for 50ft. I wouldn't recommend their grey "premium" cables because they are too heavy and end up with the connector not sitting in the receptacle as nicely (often falling out)

Depending on how nice your audio system is you may be able to hear a difference in cables. They are not all made the same. That being said the 6ft optical cable I use cost me $10.00.

kingdoodler said:   Depending on how nice your audio system is you may be able to hear a difference in cables. They are not all made the same. That being said the 6ft optical cable I use cost me $10.00.
  This is a thread that has already been beaten to death many times, but let's go one more time. For digital protocols (i.e. hdmi, spdif (optical), DP and many others), the cable does not affect quality, except if it is too bad to not transmit the signal at all. So it either works (and perfectly) or it doesn't work. There's a whole industry to convincing people otherwise, but it is nonsense. You should generally buy the cheapest cable that works for any digital signal. For analog it might matter, but in many instances differences in quality are more likely to be from the imagination of the listener.

MelsCheap and novocane beat me to it. These cables are transmitting 0s and 1s. Either it's a zero, or a one, being transmitted, and the "quality" of the cable makes no difference. When Best Buy's employee discount was "5% over cost," (or so we were told) a cable like this one would be $1 to $2.

Go with Monoprice or, in a pinch, possibly the "Amaz0n Basic" cable which retails for about $5.

You all must just have crappy systems.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017