posted 2 months ago by
MISTERCHEAP
MOTY 2016

Check out the furniture deals at Kmart today! One deal is the Essential Home Deluxe Office Chair $49.99 Shop Your Way Rewards members earn $44.50 in SYWR points.  (Not a member? It’s free to join. ).

Free Shipping too! Check out the other chairs too! Like the $230 Serta at Home Executive Big & Tall Office Chair for less than $50 after points. Check to see if you have any coupons available to clip as well 

17 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
rated:
I'm seeing only $35.49 in points and $106.34 in points, respectively for both chairs. Am I missing some coupons? Thanks OP!

rated:
I think different amounts of SYWR-points-back may appear depending on previous promotions you've participated in, along with your SYW account status (VIP silver vs VIP platinum, etc).

In this case, I would not be surprised if MrCheap had somehow achieved "VIP God".

Kind of like the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man", whom museums allowed to touch the art.

rated:
Can you pay for this using points and get points back?

rated:
johnnybs said:   Can you pay for this using points and get points back?
Generally no, but you may be able to use so-called "surprise" points to lower the cost a bit.

Most of the time, SYW points do not "roll" (that is earning points on spent points).  You earn new points on your net out of pocket spend.

Also, if your points expire for some reason, I've been successful in emailing my member number to:info@shopyourwayrewards.com and getting expired points restored.
Telephone:1.800.991.8708
8 AM-11 PM CST, 7 days a week, except for certain holidays
Mailing Address:SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS Customer Relations PO Box 365 Dodgeville, WI 53595 

rated:
Also, there is something wrong with the first link (Essential Home Deluxe Office Chair) . It opens this page: https://www.fatwallet.com/?redirErr=1001

rated:
They're so **ed up over there, when you donate to St. Judes, they want the donation in cash, but also deduct the same amount of points from your balance.

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   I think different amounts of SYWR-points-back may appear depending on previous promotions you've participated in, along with your SYW account status (VIP silver vs VIP platinum, etc).

In this case, I would not be surprised if MrCheap had somehow achieved "VIP God".

Kind of like the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man", whom museums allowed to touch the art.

He doesn't view the art, the art views him

rated:
It's "only" showing $36.99 back in points for me and not the $44.50 mentioned in the OP. I am a VIP Silver member. Still $17 (after tax) is not a bad price for a deluxe office chair.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   It's "only" showing $36.99 back in points for me and not the $44.50 mentioned in the OP. I am a VIP Silver member. Still $17 (after tax) is not a bad price for a deluxe office chair.

the deal may have changed, this info was posted this AM from another deal blog.

rated:
I tried that SYW racket, and decided to never use it..plus I rarely go to Kmart

rated:
Great deal. It showed the OP rewards for me and with coupons and 8 in surprise points , it is $37 and with $37back in points . Some do expire in 7-14 days though. Thanks again  OP, you find the best.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   It's "only" showing $36.99 back in points for me and not the $44.50 mentioned in the OP. I am a VIP Silver member. Still $17 (after tax) is not a bad price for a deluxe office chair.

the deal may have changed, this info was posted this AM from another deal blog.

It showed $44.50 for me and Im silver. After coupon and 8 in surprise points, I got it for $37 with $37 back in points. I did have to do in store pickup and some points expire in 7-14 days. Spend quickly. 

rated:
Furniture of America Mathers Comfort Black Gliding Office Chair @ $84.74, earn $63.21 in SYW POINTS. Effectively $21.53 after points.

You may also have the following K-Mart SYW Coupons available (they don't appear to stack, so choose the best one offered):

• 15% off ONE Home Item (knocks off $12.71, lowering the chair's price to $72.03)
  • $5 off $50 sitewide purchase
  • $10 off $100 sitewide purchase (requires $15.26+ filler, so if you also have $5 off $50 cpn above, think of this as $5 off $15.26+)

All of the CPN's above will likely lower the amount of earned SYW points, but I suspect the CPN discount will be higher than (or at least equal to) the lost SYW points. Sales tax (if applicable) gets computed on the lower price though, so you should at least save a bit extra there.

To see whether you have any of the CPNs above, mouse over Your Account then choose Your Clipped Coupons.

rated:
The OP said, "Check out the furniture deals at Kmart......."
Many of the ottomans also have very generous points back deals.  Ottomans 

rated:
Okay be careful. The screen prior to check out said I could pay 39.99 in points and "also" receive 30.00 back in points. Checked out and next screen shows that 0 points earned. Called and they said "also" should be "or". Waiting on hold to cancel order

rated:
TWC123 said:   Okay be careful. The screen prior to check out said I could pay 39.99 in points and "also" receive 30.00 back in points. Checked out and next screen shows that 0 points earned. Called and they said "also" should be "or". Waiting on hold to cancel order
  Don't cancel until you get the emailed receipt.  Sometimes the points will show on the emailed receipt even when they did not at the checkout screen.

rated:
So I go to the Deluxe Office Chair and it says it's $49.99 and earn $50.49 in points. Free shipping or pickup in store (!). I guess I'd get a few more points as SYWMax (free trial) for in-store pickup (it actually jumps to $51.99 in points back).

But the breakdown of bonus points doesn't seem right, apparently I've got $10 in surprise points that qualify for this but the poitns back is
Offer: 49,995 points: Members get 50% in points on a Kmart furniture purchase. Excludes clearance items. Limit 100,000 points per member. Points valid for 7 days. INSTORE and ONLINE
and 50% on a $49.99 chair isn't $49.99! (When I tried the bigger chair it said 50% back, max 100K points, earn 126K or something).

So I don't know what to trust in terms of what this will cost. I'll take a free chair, but is there any reason to think they'll actually give me $49.99 in points (or $51 if I pick up)?

And one of the offers is $10 back for spending $25-$49.99 and $20 back for spending $50+, I guess I'd need a small filler.

=aw

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017