posted 2 months ago by
wtjc
Senior Member - 1K

Master Lock Master Lock 0.5-cu ft Electronic/Keypad Security Safe  -   $39.97  widely available  (over 1100 stores) -   add another $10 and use $15 off $50 coupon if available to make it better.

If your order is over $49.00 I believe parcel shipping is free   
Master Lock site Here   even shows it at list price of $147.00  but it's sold all over for much less than that.  Lowes is the lowest price I've found

NO safe is really safe.  But this little safe (for the money) has a lot going for it.  Big enough to hold up to 4 pistols or other valuables.  If you have young children in the house it's ideal place to keep them from getting into and playing with firearms, etc.  As far as valuables are concerned unless it's bolted down and well hidden it probably will not slow a determined thief that much. Since we have small children over all the time I picked one up last night to see if it would fit our needs.  I'm considering purchasing another to bolt down in our trailer.

Product Features

Steel construction provides added security Programmable digital lock allows you to choose your combination plus it comes with an override key which makes entry in the safe secure yet simple
2 solid steel live-locking bolts provide additional security Concealed hinges for added protection and security
Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
May be bolted down to prevent unauthorized removal (hardware included)
Exterior dimensions (H x W x D)8.7in (22cm) x 13.8in (35cm) x 10.6in (27cm)
Interior dimensions (H x W x D)8.5in (21.6cm) x 13.6in (34.6cm) x 8.7in (22cm) Interior  volume 16.4 L Color 
Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)  

If anyone is interested they also have this:  Master Lock 0.21-cu ft Keyed Residential Floor Safe Safe  sound impressive?   I would call it change/cash box 
Price ranges between $1.52 up to normal price of $19.98
116 stores have it for $10 or less.   Not something I have a use for but I do see people using them.

17 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Shows 69.98 for me 

rated:
$39.9 in the LA area.

rated:
ciscoopa said:   Shows 69.98 for me 
  There are only 10 stores that have it at a higher price.  The other 1100 plus stores have it at the stated price.  You just got lucky.  You must live in NY or NM

rated:
So this is neither fireproof nor water proof nor can it be installed or mounted to a wall or floor? Essentially someone could just pick it up and go?

rated:
I have one as my secondary safe and it's hidden and lag bolted to the wall through the holes in the back. There might be holes in the bottom also, but I'm not sure.

rated:
Hardware included to bolt the safe down, preventing unauthorized removal

rated:
Thorin78 said:   So this is neither fireproof nor water proof nor can it be installed or mounted to a wall or floor? Essentially someone could just pick it up and go?
    If you would have read the post you would have seen that it has provisions for bolting it down.  What else do you want for $40.00? 

rated:
This price is not bad for me!

rated:
What was the general format of 15 off coupons?

rated:

rated:
beezer86 said:   a little smaller but under $30 after coupon http://www.harborfreight.com/household/safes/037-cu-ft-electroni...
  3/4th of the size for 3/4th of the price.

rated:
in for two with coupon 15/50. $68.67 shipped. thanks!

rated:
Thorin78 said:   So this is neither fireproof nor water proof nor can it be installed or mounted to a wall or floor? Essentially someone could just pick it up and go?
  This is something you buy and put a couple of bricks in it.  Let the thieves take it.  Store you valuables somewhere else.

rated:
king0fSpades said:   
  This is something you buy and put a couple of bricks in it.  Let the thieves take it.  Store you valuables somewhere else.

Agreed. Might as well buy this one from HF for $24 AC. http://www.harborfreight.com/019-cubic-ft-electronic-digital-saf...

rated:
Amazon reviewer said that thieves opened this like a tuna can.

rated:
That's an excellent idea.  I don't think you would even need the bricks.  

rated:
po90260 said:   Amazon reviewer said that thieves opened this like a tuna can.
  "Safe" when referring to anything is a funny word.  When I posted this I said something to the effect "=12.8pxNO safe is really safe"
=12.8pxIs this safe   safe?   NO I couldn't agree more.  All it does is to make things a little safer providing you follow instructions and do the most important thing   HIDE IT.
=12.8pxWould I trust my valuables in it?    HELL NO!       but as I described when I posted this I purchased it for a particular purpose which was to keep our pistols/ammo that we access frequently securely away from small children and young adults.  This  for me - works   extremely well.  Everyone's specific needs and budgets are different

You also have what I call "casual thiefs".  Visitors, workmen, even friends, friends of your children that at times have access to your home.  Many times things are stolen and by the time you realize it days, weeks, months, even years go by before you miss it.  Then you never  know whether its really missing or you just misplaced it.  At  least with the "tuna can"  you are alerted immediately and still possible are able to do something about it.

I'm just going to repeat again what I said when posted "his little safe (for the money) has a lot going for it".  There are simple ways to install it that can make it far more secure (going beyond their directions)

far as valuables are concerned that for one reason or another you feel a need to keep at home I believe the biggest deterrent to theft is 

1.  Don't advertise that you have it

2.  Keep it hidden (most important).  If they don't find anything they can't steal it

3.  Use a safe  -  That depends on a number of factors the most important one is where it can be hidden which in turn leads to how much space you have.  Then buy (in general) the one that has the heaviest steel - best lock (number of factors here) and will give limited access to a thief to attack it with tools.

At my house I have tools (cordless at that) that can cut through steel,  I have drills that can drill out many key locks.  I have pry bars that can put a lot of leverage to force a lot of things open.  If I have that how do you thing you are going to be able to stop a determined thief?   So again what's "Safe"?  A bank vault?     Well it is safer but again that term is relative.  I also have a Hoe Ram  (basically a tractor mounted jack hammer that will break through concrete (go right through vault wall (also need torches to cut all the steel reinforcing bar in them  -  there is just as much steel in the walls as concrete).  Granted its noisy and I would end up prison but don't tell me it can't be done.  Come to think about it maybe it could help me get back out  LOL

Sorry for the long post but for some reason I seem to feel a need (compulsion) to defend my post.   I promise - last post  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017