https://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/22221-228538-2978-61

Free for simple 1040EZ and 1040A filers, free state included
Prior year import $5

Plus for itemizers, homeowners and investors $12.75
State Additional $25
Prior year import included

Premium for self-employed, freelancers and contractors $25.50
State Additional $25
Prior year import included

Views
31 Comments
Add Comment
Is their a code to get this 15% off? Because the link you have included in your post doesn't give you the pricing you mention. Premium shows $30 plus $25 for State


prices
Disclaimer
firstplacerealty said:   Is their a code to get this 15% off? Because the link you have included in your post doesn't give you the pricing you mention. Premium shows $30 plus $25 for State
  No code its just a sale. I've attached a picture of what I get

I used them last year and plan to again this year just haven't gotten my info yet

Strange, I've cleared cookies and cache and I've even tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and keeps showing $30 original price and no sale for me.

I've used them for the past 3 years, the price has really increased this year  ($30+25 State filing=$55).  Last year I paid $28.50 total and year before that $15.99 total for both.
 

iLetTheDogsOut said:   
firstplacerealty said:   Is their a code to get this 15% off? Because the link you have included in your post doesn't give you the pricing you mention. Premium shows $30 plus $25 for State
  No code its just a sale. I've attached a picture of what I get

I used them last year and plan to again this year just haven't gotten my info yet

  I ask his question again!  Where do you see $12.75??

firstplacerealty said:   Strange, I've cleared cookies and cache and I've even tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and keeps showing $30 original price and no sale for me.

I've used them for the past 3 years, the price has really increased this year  ($30+25 State filing=$55).  Last year I paid $28.50 total and year before that $15.99 total for both.

  
I agree. Have been using for 6 years and over the pas few years I was like 'I don't remember paying this much, did I screw up somewhere'. Well, no. The prices just went up.  

Ive updated the link give it a try now

PatioFurniture said:   Ive updated the link give it a try now
  Yes... now it shows the reduced prices.

PatioFurniture said:   https://www.taxact.com/?sc=1609762150004& 

Free for simple 1040EZ and 1040A filers, free state included
Prior year import $5

Plus for itemizers, homeowners and investors $12.75
State Additional $25
Prior year import included

Premium for self-employed, freelancers and contractors $25.50
State Additional $25
Prior year import included

After having clicked through your link this is what I see as the charges for the Plus:My TaxAct Return FeesTaxAct fees for your return are listed below.TaxAct Online Plus Edition

  • Your Federal Return fee is $12.75.
  • Your State Return fee is $21.25.
  • If you elect to add Audit Defense, the fee is $50.00.

  

That's high for state compared to what I've paid in the past. Like, really high.

If you have filed with TaxAct last year, there was an option to "lock your price" for 2106 return. Check your price. Mine is $28 for Fed and State. Not cheap, but lower then this.

When logged into TaxAct where does the price which was locked in last year show? I locked in my price last year as well but can't seem to find at what my price lock pricing is.

My pricing is $15 plus, $25 state...I don't love the price but I've been using it for years so I'm in.

Is this just as simple as Turbo Tax? Thats what I've always used but that price has gotten way up there.

updated link worked for me, but only after i (1) logged into TaxAct (and saw that my price for fed return is $15 for plus), (2) clicked on the link, which took me to (3) TaxAct, which asked me to sign up or (4) log in with an existing account, which i did to find (5) my price had been updated to $12.75.

i did not check the state price.

tanner12oz said:   Is this just as simple as Turbo Tax? Thats what I've always used but that price has gotten way up there.
I switched from TurboTax (which I used for perhaps 10 years) to TaxAct a couple years ago. I had no problem with the switch. I use the downloaded versions, so I cannot comment on the online versions.
 

NoOh said:   When logged into TaxAct where does the price which was locked in last year show? I locked in my price last year as well but can't seem to find at what my price lock pricing is.
  After logging in go to "My Account" then click on "View All Returns" which is a link next to the "continue where I left off" button. 

I locked last year and its is showing 11.99 + 15.99..HRBlock deal few days back for 15 for deluxe federal+state free efile seems better.
I need to switch to HRBlock if TaxAct price is not going down

tanner12oz said:   Is this just as simple as Turbo Tax? Thats what I've always used but that price has gotten way up there.
  Yes. You could do a simulation with fake info first

I put up a post in Dec where you can get HR Block TaxCut Deluxe for $4.95, and Deluxe+State for $14.95. Seems to be a much better deal than TaxAct this year. Just look in the Hot Deals forum to find it.

Since TaxAct has jacked up the state module to $25 I have fired them. I used the software in the past because it was accurate, convenient and reasonably priced. No more. TaxAct...YOU'RE FIRED!

canoeguy1 said:   I put up a post in Dec where you can get HR Block TaxCut Deluxe for $4.95, and Deluxe+State for $14.95. Seems to be a much better deal than TaxAct this year. Just look in the Hot Deals forum to find it.
  
"Seems to be a much better deal"?  How is it a better deal if you are talking different products?

That's like someone walking into a car dealership and saying I want a loaded Cadillac or Corvette.  And you coming back and saying the Sparc / Sparq is a better deal (ie cheaper)

Technologist said:   
canoeguy1 said:   I put up a post in Dec where you can get HR Block TaxCut Deluxe for $4.95, and Deluxe+State for $14.95. Seems to be a much better deal than TaxAct this year. Just look in the Hot Deals forum to find it.
  
"Seems to be a much better deal"?  How is it a better deal if you are talking different products?

That's like someone walking into a car dealership and saying I want a loaded Cadillac or Corvette.  And you coming back and saying the Sparc / Sparq is a better deal (ie cheaper)

The products do exactly the same function. and have basically the same features. Unless you really think TaxAct is like a 'loaded Corvette'???
I assume you just want to be argumentative, though. Or you don't understand tax software very well.

We like the convenience of having 90% of our data imported in the software we already use aka TaxAct.  IF another product is cheaper and will import from TaxAct I will try it.

Apparently I locked in last year at:
Federal Return fee: $27.99
State Return fee: $14.99

The state is more reasonable, but the Federal fee is horrible, so it's actually WORSE that this new "deal". IE, both suck...

Where is the 2016 TaxAct download this year?

Wasn't there a deal a while ago to lock in a decent price for TaxAct for this year?

Yes, it was their Cyber Monday deal.  However those prices were still ~50% more than I paid last year. 
After well over a decade with TaxAct I have finally given them the boot.  This price increase was just too much.
I will be trying H&R Block this year based on the Newegg deal a few days back for H&R Block Deluxe + State for $22.49.

On 11/28/16 he/she wrote:

"Dear TaxAct ® Customer,
 TaxAct offers what we and our customers feel to be a quality product at a very reasonable price when evaluating comparable packages. Our products are fairly priced when considering the features and services provided. 
 
While we encourage our customers to evaluate a number of products available in order to choose the one right for them, we are confident that after comparing TaxAct products and features to other products, TaxAct will emerge as a great value for the price.You can compare our regularly priced products with those of some of the other tax software companies using the links below:   TaxAct Online/Over-the-Web: www.taxact.com/compare-online    TaxAct Desktop/Download: www.taxact.com/compare-download    TaxAct helps you handle any tax filing situation. We have moved away from offering all IRS e-fileable forms in every package because most filers don’t need all e-fileable forms. We now provide a more customized offering with products organized by features, tax forms and schedules to help you choose the solution that’s right for your unique tax situation. With our online return prices they have separated the Federal and State charges. The only "bundle" we have which includes both Federal and State together as one charge is with our download products. For example right now the Plus edition online would be $10.50 for Federal and $25.00 with State, but the Desktop/download version for Plus is $28.00 which includes both." 

So no bundle with the online stuff.  It is a crazy price increase. Last year: $14.98. This year: $35.50. 

canoeguy1 said:   
Technologist said:   
canoeguy1 said:   I put up a post in Dec where you can get HR Block TaxCut Deluxe for $4.95, and Deluxe+State for $14.95. Seems to be a much better deal than TaxAct this year. Just look in the Hot Deals forum to find it.
  
"Seems to be a much better deal"?  How is it a better deal if you are talking different products?

That's like someone walking into a car dealership and saying I want a loaded Cadillac or Corvette.  And you coming back and saying the Sparc / Sparq is a better deal (ie cheaper)

The products do exactly the same function. and have basically the same features. Unless you really think TaxAct is like a 'loaded Corvette'???
I assume you just want to be argumentative, though. Or you don't understand tax software very well.

  They do not do exactly the same function and do not have basically the same features.

Been using TaxAct Premium for more years than I can remember, due to consulting work and various stock accounts.  Been getting it pretty cheap also.  I am locked in at $27.99 for everything right now, but will end up getting a cheaper price before April.

IF I were to switch, I would try Credit Karma's FREE version before going to HR BRICK.  They have been sued many times over the years (2010 for IRA / retirement account fraud, 2013 for deceptive advertising, and 2016 for adding in fees for electronic filing).  Plus the mistakes that their "experts" have made over the years, causing the loss of Thousands to many individuals....

Not a Corvette. 

Stock Import feature is not working and who know when it will!

Dear TaxAct Customer,

The Stock Import feature has not yet released and is not available. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a date when this feature will release.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please periodically check your account/return for this update and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Keep in mind, you may receive a brief email survey to submit feedback regarding the support provided to you as well as our TaxAct services. We would appreciate it if you would take a few moments to complete this survey, once it is received.

Chad R.
TaxAct Customer Support
PS-581

Be aware that even if you are qualified to use the $0 for Federal and $0 for State option it will not automatically give you that price if you"locked in" one of the different programs prior (as on Cyber Monday). I think you might need to start a new tax return with them, once you pay there are NO refunds.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017