posted 11 days ago by
ctgolfer
Serene Member

Posted with ToGo

Google - Nexus Player Streaming Media Console TV500I - Black - New
$69.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Google-Nexus-Player-Streaming-Media-Console-TV500I-Black-New-/222331105333

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Asus sometimes has them in stock for this price as well.  It seems that they are selling them for $49 now.

http://store.asus.com/us/item/201412AM240000002?_ga=1.118196937....

rated:
Nice find OP. I love everything Google and have had 2 of these but would have to say that Amazon Fire TV might be a better investment for some. No Ethernet port is a bummer on Nexus Player though you can use an adapter through the micro USB port. Fire TV has a lot more horsepower. No to be a downer, but some may want to pay a little more for certified refurb Fire TV, especially if they are a Prime Member and have access to Prime video and Music. My Nexus Player will hardly recognize voice commands anymore. Sad as we have Nexus phones and Project Fi, etc.

rated:
4k Mi Box at $69 is newer/better if you want Android TV. But as tyguide said, 4k FTV is prob the best solution out there, especially for the money.

rated:
Clocks said:   4k Mi Box at $69 is newer/better if you want Android TV. But as tyguide said, 4k FTV is prob the best solution out there, especially for the money.

Nvidia announced a new Shield version at CES, and will be shipping at the end of January. I think it is still going to be $199, so not a good direct competitor, but for someone who wants 4k HDR (and a Plex server!!) one may want to look into that.

rated:
I have this. First gen product and kinda buggy. I would recommend trying the Mi Box instead as well.

rated:
This is a decent box for Kodi if you don't need 4K and can find for $49.  At $69, the Mi box is probably better given it has 4k, but I haven't tried it.  Fire TV at $99 retail is a good choice if you're in the Amazon eco system, but Kodi is blocked, though it can be sideloaded.  Main issues that I've had with my Nexus Player is that I can't use HBO Go because Xfinity doesn't allow it (works with a lot of other providers) and DramaFever is not supported, but I mainly use with Kodi and Plex.  Kodi can also be loaded onto a 4th gen Apple TV box, but the process is more complex and not everything works.  If you're not familiar with Kodi, you can find out more at Kodi.tv or from googling for more info. 

rated:
I got this when it was $50 at WalMart. I converted it to a generic android device but didn't like it so I converted it back a Nexus Player. Google is still updating this. Mine is at Android 7.1  It's just about as fast as my 2nd gen Fire TV box.

I used it primarily for Kodi on our upstairs TV.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017