posted 48 years ago by
ksamymiester
Cool Member

On sale $9.99 currently at Amazon, normally $13.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G8E3T4K/

Arguably the Thorfire VG10 (coupon still seems to be valid) could be a better light for the money, but Anker has undoubtedly one of the best customer service relationships in electronics. I have had two things fail (out of many), and just supplied my Amazon order number and they sent replacements just after asking basic questions about the failure.

EBL batteries may not be top-of-the-line but have decent reviews on Amazon and are really cheap. I just got these and tested briefly in VG10, they ran for longer than the estimated run time at highest and second highest setting. They're a bit cheaper on eBay than Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300967543564

Views
2 Comments
Add Comment
I tried this flashlight. Was not impressed. It is not very bright compared to other $10 flashlights that use 18650 or 3xAAA batteries. Also, the modes mess up every time I turn the flashlight on.

The experts over on budgetlightforum.com don't seem impressed, though it's not clear any of them have actually bought one of these. They recommend either a single-AAA light or a 18650-only light like the Convoy S2+, observing that the 3-AAA carrier makes this light a bit bigger than it needs to be.

I have several of the Convoy S2+'s, and I love them. I like that, unlike Anker, Convoy is upfront about which LED they're using and they let you pick your preferred color temperature.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017