posted 48 years ago by
panmet69
Thrifty Member

Just got back from my local home depot, they had the TP-Link Archer C50 router on clearance for 13.02, down from 49.98.

Rang up at self checkout for correct price. I grabbed 2, they had 5 left.

In the middle or the store on an end cap with light bulbs and such.

Views
18 Comments
Add Comment
very nice find! wish my local home depot had routers...

Thanks for share!

My local home depot has these at $59.99.  No clearance.  There was one that even say this is a NEW Item at the store.

These are cheapo routers though, so just be causious. Their range sucks compared to other ac routers in this range.

Nice price. These were still $39.99 on Black Friday. They are last years model, but probably still good enough for most folks in a medium size house. I have a larger house, and bought a $150 AC1750 router and its range still requires an extender.

mainomega said:   These are cheapo routers though, so just be causious. Their range sucks compared to other ac routers in this range.

What is the next best router up from this one?  Most of the "good" ones are >$100.

drew2money said:   
mainomega said:   These are cheapo routers though, so just be causious. Their range sucks compared to other ac routers in this range.

What is the next best router up from this one?  Most of the "good" ones are >$100.

The now expired T-Mobile deal or the Tanga deal that keeps popping up for $50

works great in my 12K square foot home,,i reccomend it..

12k ?  Need a roomate?

Anybody know the max throughput on this router? I found out my 60 Mbps cable internet had been upgraded to 100 Mbps, but my older router maxes out around 75 Mbps.

There is no way this router works well in a 12k sq ft home unless you live in a warehouse. Maybe 1200 sq?

This router only has 10/100 Ethernet ports, so it's definitely on the low end.

RKBA said:   This router only has 10/100 Ethernet ports, so it's definitely on the low end.
  It's funny to see an AC router with no gigabit ports.
"Blazing network speeds, but if you want fast speeds, you're better off wireless!"

I never thought a wire could give you slower bandwidth... with this router, it could. Haha!

AC1200 with by-the-books 300mbps on 2.4GHz will never ever give you more than 150mbps effective rate. Between friends, this is the same as 100mbps wired ethernet (more reliable).

kitkatca said:   
My local home depot has these at $59.99.  No clearance.  There was one that even say this is a NEW Item at the store.

Similarly no clearance pricing at a Denver-area Home Depot -- $59.99 ...

WHat is the sku number?

$59.95 in O.C. CA area too.

Stinky Linky 

Interestingly, BrickSeek says it's not available near me but HD website says there's plenty.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017