• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Rollback (40.75kB)
Disclaimer
WalMart looks to be "Rolling back" last years model of the WD 2TB My Passport Ultra for $49 to make room for the latest model. Not available to order online for ship to home or in-store pickup, but looks to be a system-wide price if they are in stock at a store near you.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=126216979 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FAST-TRACK-Western-Digital-My-Passpor...


 

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Jan. 11, 2017 @ 12:07pm
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Jan. 22, 2017 @ 5:06pm
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can the Mac version be reformatted for Windows?

CactusPete (Jan. 12, 2017 @ 6:03p) |

Yes

comprx (Jan. 12, 2017 @ 7:03p) |

They're essentially the same.  Yours is formatted and marketed for Mac, OP for PC.  Both have 3-year warranty, so unless... (more)

comprx (Jan. 12, 2017 @ 7:16p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
In for 1

rated:
Locally all out of stock in cali bay area.

rated:
Actually they are available to order online for in-store pickup at some locations. Found two stores near me, both showed double digit inventory through Brickseek. Other stores with lower inventory did not not show availability at Wal Mart . com.

rated:
This was posted last month (which is also last year):
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1547735

Not sure why the old thread is in expired deals.  Anyway, per the old thread, was apparently also available for $24.50 at some WM locations.

rated:
These WD external drives are the MyPassport ULTRA which have the 3 yr mfr warranty. Picked-up on 2 of these back on Dec 20th. Awesome deal!

rated:
FWIW...brickseek indicates there are 3 units at the WalMart nearest me. A WalMart store clerk told me that other people have been looking for that same SKU for *weeks*, and those 3 units can't be found anywhere. He said he thought they were stolen during the Black Friday rush.

rated:
Why doesnt this say clearance in the heading?

WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable Hard Drive, Black $49.00 @ WalMart in-store only

 

rated:
johnfatwalletish said:   FWIW...brickseek indicates there are 3 units at the WalMart nearest me. A WalMart store clerk told me that other people have been looking for that same SKU for *weeks*, and those 3 units can't be found anywhere. He said he thought they were stolen during the Black Friday rush.
 That's the same thing with a WalMart in Cumming, GA.  No other stores anywhere here have them in stock, but they have 3.  Same store you're referring to?

rated:
Every WalMart near me has the price of $49 listed on Brickseek.. One close to me shows 18 on hand, another one has 3, the rest (over a dozen) are all 0. Save for one exception, which is actually my closest WalMart that shows it at $25 -- but with a quantity of 0.

I wonder if that means they actually got to $25 and someone else got the rest, and if the one with 18 will go to $25? I guess I'll keep an eye on it and if it works report back here.

rated:
Not sure about WM, I do know Staples hides things on clearance for friends or employees to buy later
My Staples exp, they had a printer at a great clearance price, store showed they had 2, he said 1 would be the display but the other was nowhere to be found...
I found it, stacked way up high with boxes of toilet paper.  I got the deal

rated:
Come and get em.... Supercenter
11500 Hannon Rd
Eagle Point OR 97524
541-826-2210
(36.34 Miles)
  14 $49.0
  WalMart Supercenter
1360 Center Dr
Medford OR 97501
541-772-2060
(34.98 Miles)
5 $49.0


rated:
pitflyer said:   Every WalMart near me has the price of $49 listed on Brickseek.. One close to me shows 18 on hand, another one has 3, the rest (over a dozen) are all 0. Save for one exception, which is actually my closest WalMart that shows it at $25 -- but with a quantity of 0.

I wonder if that means they actually got to $25 and someone else got the rest, and if the one with 18 will go to $25? I guess I'll keep an eye on it and if it works report back here.

Buy whatever qty you want from the WM's which have it in-stock, then take your WD drive(s) & receipt to the WM near you which is OOS but has the $25 price.

When you get to the customer service desk, tell the CSR that you purchased the drive(s) on the wrong CC, so you need to switch payment type. Also mention that you need to pickup some additional items and may grab a different model HD if they have it in-stock at that location.  Thus, please ask the CSR to refund the drive(s) in the meantime but to keep it/them at the customer service desk until you either repurchase it/them or notify the CSR that you found and bought the other model.  Then go to the PRODUCE section of your WM and grab an inexpensive and minimal amount of loose produce that needs to be weighed on a scale at the register (i.e. 1 banana, 1 onion, 1 clove of loose garlic, etc.)  When you get back to the customer service desk and they see stuff that needs to be weighed, they'll hopefully direct you to a normal check-out line (and may escort you w/ the drive(s) in their hands, handing them off directly to a cashier). The cashier should then ring up the drives during the repurchase, unaware that you just returned them for a higher price.  Thus, the repurchase should go through @ $25 (should actually be $24.50) without any fuss. 

Note 1: You should be allowed to repurchase anyway at the lower price, but some CSR's are a PITA and call a mgr over when they're aware that an item is being repurchased a local store's clearance price which happens to be lower than most other WM locations.  Then it becomes YMMV whether they'll let you repurchase at the lower price.  Even if they don't and insist on ringing it up at the price you initially paid, go ahead and repurchase anyway.  Thereafter, you can go back to that same WM a few days/weeks later with JUST YOUR RECEIPT. Go back to the customer service desk (hopefully with a different CSR) and inform him/her that the item has lowered in price since you originally purchased it from that store a few days/weeks ago.  At that point you'll likely succeed in getting the lower price honored since that is absolutely WM's policy.   (If they refuse the honor the lower price, at that point you have grounds for a CC chargeback).

Note 2: I didn't come up w/ the ideas above (other than perhaps the CC chargeback). Other FWer's posted these methods in a different WM clearance thread.

P.S. When you get back to the customer service desk w/ produce in-hand, if a different CSR will assist you w/ the repurchase (than the one who rang up the refund), feel free to try the repurchase right there w/ the new CSR (so skip repurchasing the produce at that point. If asked about it, just say you'll go to a regular checkout line afterwards since you realize it can't be rung up at customer service).  Once repurchased, you can put back the loose produce.
 

rated:
I got one of these for in store pickup. When I picked it up, noticed it looked a little strange, but seemed to check out. When I got home and did some more research, realized they gave me the non-Ultra version.

They gave me this one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Western-Digital-My-Passport-2TB-Porta...

but when I click the order in my WalMart account, it takes me to this one (which is the same in the original post):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/126216979

I wonder if I made a trip for nothing, as when I go back to get it swapped I assume they won't have the "out of stock" one. Any advice? Wait for these to come back in stock and swap them?

rated:
No.  I was looking in Austin, TX.

rated:
@elBulli
 why would you change it as the one you got is a newer model, supposedly better.

rated:
drove 15miles to WM that had 3... nothing found on shelf. associated went to system to get the #, found 3 in system, but he couldn't locate it on the shelf.
Either the inventory # is wrong, or this is hiding somewhere for long..

rated:
TheDiggler said:   This was posted last month (which is also last year):
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1547735

Not sure why the old thread is in expired deals.  Anyway, per the old thread, was apparently also available for $24.50 at some WM locations.

  Yes they are available @ $24.50 when taken to a store showing such, even if 0 stock. I did this the week before Christmas x2. And you are right this is a repost but somebody must have marked as expired when it's clearly not. As far as I'm concerned he originator of this deal is not at fault that this is a repost. It is a hell of a deal for $24.50! Good luck to all.

rated:
nice

rated:
dontcare4myname said:   drove 15miles to WM that had 3... nothing found on shelf. associated went to system to get the #, found 3 in system, but he couldn't locate it on the shelf.
Either the inventory # is wrong, or this is hiding somewhere for long..

  It is very common for WalMart to not find said inventory. The store manager's bonus gets smaller with the increased shrinkage, so they love to carry "inventory" that can't be found. Some stores even borrow inventory from other stores so that it can be found for certain reasons, then return to the other store after.

rated:
retrac said:   
TheDiggler said:   This was posted last month (which is also last year):
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1547735 

Not sure why the old thread is in expired deals.  Anyway, per the old thread, was apparently also available for $24.50 at some WM locations.

  Yes they are available @ $24.50 when taken to a store showing such, even if 0 stock. I did this the week before Christmas x2. And you are right this is a repost but somebody must have marked as expired when it's clearly not. As far as I'm concerned he originator of this deal is not at fault that this is a repost. It is a hell of a deal for $24.50! Good luck to all.

  Are you saying the store price could be cheaper than on line.   I have seen that in reverse. 

rated:
elBulli said:   I got one of these for in store pickup. When I picked it up, noticed it looked a little strange, but seemed to check out. When I got home and did some more research, realized they gave me the non-Ultra version.

They gave me this one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Western-Digital-My-Passport-2TB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/54307017

but when I click the order in my WalMart account, it takes me to this one (which is the same in the original post):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/126216979

I wonder if I made a trip for nothing, as when I go back to get it swapped I assume they won't have the "out of stock" one. Any advice? Wait for these to come back in stock and swap them?

Ultra is just part of the name. Nothing special. You got the newer model.

rated:
I saw that there were 4 in stock at nearby WalMart and 6 in stock at another. I visited both, and found non on the shelf, and associates couldn't help also. Came back home, and ordered online or store pick up, and voila, I went and picked it up today. Great deal, Green for the OP.

rated:
When you go to store for your pick up, have them check the current store price, someone here said they were $25.00
Have  store pick up  adjust the price for you if in fact it is lower in the store.
At this point any pm would be to the store you are at


Most times it is the opposite

rated:
In Oregon you will pay no sales tax...


WalMart Supercenter
11500 Hannon Rd
Eagle Point OR 97524
541-826-2210
(11.38 Miles)
  12 $49.0
  WalMart Supercenter
1906 Fort Jones Rd
Yreka CA 96097
530-842-7330
(45.89 Miles)
7 $49.0
  WalMart Supercenter
1360 Center Dr
Medford OR 97501
541-772-2060
(1.95 Miles)
4 $49.

 

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
retrac said:   
TheDiggler said:   This was posted last month (which is also last year):
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1547735 

Not sure why the old thread is in expired deals.  Anyway, per the old thread, was apparently also available for $24.50 at some WM locations.

  Yes they are available @ $24.50 when taken to a store showing such, even if 0 stock. I did this the week before Christmas x2. And you are right this is a repost but somebody must have marked as expired when it's clearly not. As far as I'm concerned he originator of this deal is not at fault that this is a repost. It is a hell of a deal for $24.50! Good luck to all.

  Are you saying the store price could be cheaper than on line.   I have seen that in reverse. 

  Checkout the original "expired-deals" second page posts I did yesidonoitall. That was my experience using brickseek. BTW crazy-funny user name.

rated:
Can the Mac version be reformatted for Windows?

rated:
CactusPete said:   Can the Mac version be reformatted for Windows?
  Yes

rated:
elBulli said:   I got one of these for in store pickup. When I picked it up, noticed it looked a little strange, but seemed to check out. When I got home and did some more research, realized they gave me the non-Ultra version.

They gave me this one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Western-Digital-My-Passport-2TB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/54307017 

but when I click the order in my WalMart account, it takes me to this one (which is the same in the original post):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/126216979 

I wonder if I made a trip for nothing, as when I go back to get it swapped I assume they won't have the "out of stock" one. Any advice? Wait for these to come back in stock and swap them?

  They're essentially the same.  Yours is formatted and marketed for Mac, OP for PC.  Both have 3-year warranty, so unless there is something in the software that comes with PC version that you need, you can just reformat your drive.   Unless of course you use a Mac, in which case you're better off.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017