posted 2 months ago by
wdrummel

Edsal 48''W x 18''D x 72''H Ultra Rack  ---$49, free shipping on orders over $50 or pick up in store

Features: The Edsal 48"W x 18"D x 72"H Ultra Rack is constructed from industrial strength steel for lasting durability. It assembles in minutes with minimal effort and no nuts or bolts needed.

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
These racks are pretty great. Quite durable and solid. Lots of surface area. I have bought quite a few that I use in my office and in my home. At best, you can get them for $70 on sale at a place like Lowes. This is a really good deal.

rated:
The manufacturing quality on the metal linkage pieces was bad in my set. I had to beat the living hell out of them with a hammer for many many minutes to get them the right shape to actually fit inside the vertical L bars. If you get a crappy set of links or vertical beams you will have a bad time trying to assemble.

rated:
jd2010 said:   The manufacturing quality on the metal linkage pieces was bad in my set. I had to beat the living hell out of them with a hammer for many many minutes to get them the right shape to actually fit inside the vertical L bars. If you get a crappy set of links or vertical beams you will have a bad time trying to assemble.
  Is there an easy way to notice this before assembling?  Will make an exchange much easier if so

rated:
wilked said:   
jd2010 said:   The manufacturing quality on the metal linkage pieces was bad in my set. I had to beat the living hell out of them with a hammer for many many minutes to get them the right shape to actually fit inside the vertical L bars. If you get a crappy set of links or vertical beams you will have a bad time trying to assemble.
  Is there an easy way to notice this before assembling?  Will make an exchange much easier if so

Not really, in my set the L vertical beams weren't shaped correctly and were closer to a 110 degree angle than a 90 degree one.  This made hammering the metal brace that joins the two vertical bars together almost impossible.  I spent about 3 hours beating the bars and the braces like a blacksmith before i finally got them to fit.

rated:
I have a room full of these (10+). I bought them one by one over the past 2 years at Home Depot when they go on sale for $63-$69.
Great storage racks, very solid, USA made (Chicago).

As another poster wrote, there is the occasional slightly bent piece but easy enough to bend back into shape with some persuasion. Only had this on one of my units. Also had a couple of units with extra pieces.

rated:
for another $5 there's a 24" deep version too
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Muscle-Rack-48-W-x-24-D-x-72-H-5-Shel...

rated:
I got two of the 48" deep models. I ended up having to tack weld the corner posts at the joints to use them in the tall configuration. the corner post joints at the middle shelf level set on top of each other, the material is thin and would slip and drop when loaded. they are fine in the 3 + 2 shelf configuration. I also had to use a larger hammer than expected.

Sam's Club has these Muscle Racks that are way better in my opinion.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/5-level-shelving-muscle-rack/prod76...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017