FX 8320E 89.99 Passmark 
Asus Motherboard 54.99 before 10 rebate
Corsair XMS3 8 GB  67.99 before 20 rebate

Total = $213 - $40 Bundle rebate - $30 MR = $143 + $15 Tax.

In-Store only at Microcenter. Limit of 1.

Faster memory can be found at other places for a couple of dollars more and without the mail-in hassles.
Need to add a graphic card..

CPU & Motherboard is an awesome bundle for the price.

Update..

Bundle rebate is also available with this AsRock ATX motherboard - $79.99 - $30 rebate = $49.99 ($5 more than the Asus).
ASRock Specs Front USB 3.0 header, 4 DIMM Slots, 2 PCIe x16 slots, supports faster memory

Views
9 Comments
Add Comment
The USB3 ports exist only at rear, no USB3 headers on the MB

SATA II -  3Gb/s

I want a zen deal :[

If you don't overclock, if you understand that this setup is about three years past it's shelf life, and is basically DOA, then this could be a good deal.

The motherboard is OOOOLD Tech. You could make a decent gamer for 300 bucks by slapping a cheap case/ps. For 30 1TB hard drive for 40. 128 GB SSD for 30ish and r7 370 level video card for like 60 bucks.

You could game at medium/ high settings on anything out there.

I just tend to think you'd be further ahead waiting a few months. They're gonna fire sale all the old stock pretty quick. This isn't a fire sale.

slappyhooper said:   If you don't overclock, if you understand that this setup is about three years past it's shelf life, and is basically DOA, then this could be a good deal.

The motherboard is OOOOLD Tech. You could make a decent gamer for 300 bucks by slapping a cheap case/ps. For 30 1TB hard drive for 40. 128 GB SSD for 30ish and r7 370 level video card for like 60 bucks.

You could game at medium/ high settings on anything out there.

I just tend to think you'd be further ahead waiting a few months. They're gonna fire sale all the old stock pretty quick. This isn't a fire sale.

Depends on whether it is a new build or an upgrade.
If a total new build, makes sense to wait 2-3 months for AM4 motherboards and CPUs to become available.

But if you already have an AM3+ system with DDR3 RAM, video card and other stuff, for around $100, you can take it to the next level.
It is a fraction of the cost of the current prices for a new FX 8xxx.
It is a 95W TDP processor, so, may be able avoid upgrade the Power Supply unlike the higher TDP FX CPUs.
It is still in the top 4th or 5th of the available AMD CPUs at this time.

Sure. I'm telling you now though. That motherboard is happy with a 65w processor, will run a 95w, but pushing anything past that will make for a bad time. MOSSFET is 4+2 I'm pretty sure.

Unfortunately, the ASUS board has only SATA hard drive connectors, no PATA. So, I can't use it.

Daddio1949 said:   Unfortunately, the ASUS board has only SATA hard drive connectors, no PATA. So, I can't use it.
  pata seriously!?  

Probably doesn't want to buy a new optical drive

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017