posted 2 months ago by
RShea

Was in a WalMart and found the Magellan 5320-LM (Lifetime maps) GPS showing $25.00 price. Was not flagged with a clearance tag at all but there was only 1 on the shelf. Rang up as listed without any issues. 

076335713237 is the part number on the receipt- I'll try and get the UPC posted up later today for searching inventory sites.

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:

rated:
Costcoer said:   Is this the one, UPC 48569582?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Magellan-RM5320SWLUC-Roadmate-5320-LM-GPS-Device-with-Free-Lifetime-Map-Updates/48569582

Brickseek inventory checker:
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

That looks to be it - showing as $25 near here, but with 0 in stock.

rated:
Bar code on the box shows as 76335713237 and yes, Costcoer- the Model you show and link is matching the bottom of the box RM5320SWLUC above the barcode.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=48569582 - really spotty with only 2% of stores showing any stock.

rated:
Does this device have unlimited data?

I'm wondering why to consider buying this when smartphones can do this?

rated:
This device has like all GPS devices the turn by turn, traffic updates, and some other features including speed warning notification. It does not NEED data as you are only communicating with GPS satellite for the stored maps. So no monthly fees like a cell phone require for data usage. Yes, smart cell phones can do Google or Apple maps for turn by turn, but what happens if you want to make a call or receive a call on your cell phone? Can you do hands free talk and the map directions at the same time. Or if you are out in a rural area without any cell phone data coverage and you get the no cellular data service message and all of a sudden your turn by turn map on the cell phone quits working? (Happened to me more than 1 time). And even those mapping service apps out there that allow you to download and store the maps off line, the cell phone will probably be more than $25 for a smart phone.

rated:
ablang said:   Does this device have unlimited data?

1.  I don't have a smartphone.
2.  The last place I went I needed GPS.  There was no cell coverage in the area.  (There's no cell coverage over half of my daily commute.)

OP- it would have been nice to have WM in the thread title.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
ablang said:   Does this device have unlimited data?

1.  I don't have a smartphone.
2.  The last place I went I needed GPS.  There was no cell coverage in the area.  (There's no cell coverage over half of my daily commute.)

I was not able to do the Brickseek lookup immediately, so it really depended on how many stores showed stock and at the price listed. Maybe if other stores have the same model there is a chance of a price match since so few WalMart's are showing any in stock.

Since your comment on needing GPS and having no cellular coverage, you are a prime candidate for GPS since all you need is a clear view of the Southern Sky. IE, the signal may not work in heavy forest areas, inside a vehicle if it is not near a window, etc. 

rated:
Thanks OP, managed to find 3 of them (and bought 'em all). 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017