posted 2 months ago by
wtjc

This is Lowes  name for it  " PRIME Residential Lighting Timer Tripper Pins"  But that's not what it is  See It Here   157 of the 825 stores that carry it are at the $5.00 price
Lowes description was  “PRIME Residential Lighting Timer Tripper Pins”  COMPLETELY WRONG –
This is what it really is:     Outdoor electronic timer with two usable plugs and remote

Can be used in multiple ways (remote switch or remote timer)

1.      Can be used without the timer function by using the remote to turn it on/off up to 80’ away   
     2.      Can be used as a dusk to dawn light (turns on/off automatically
     3.     Can be used to turn light on at dusk and turn off at set interval (2,4,6 or 8 hours) or override with the remote to shut off earlier up to 80’ away
     4.     You can do the set up on the unit itself or use the remote to set it up

Looks to be very well made and not cheaply built.  It is on clearance and 75% off just as likely to have another price drop shortly  eBay picture is exactly what you will be getting (Lowes pictures are also right).  Forget what Lowes calls it.  I purchased multiples

21 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Tripper pins are the actual little pins you place into the timer to trip it on and trip it off. I guess these are merely the pins and not the timer too. Additional pins are available so a person could have multiple on and off times tripped by these pins in the timer.

rated:
The tripper pins are for a mechanical timer, this looks to be electronic and wouldn't use pins. Unless the pic is wrong and who knows. Local store has them for $5.14. I'll bite.

rated:
zapy said:   Tripper pins are the actual little pins you place into the timer to trip it on and trip it off. I guess these are merely the pins and not the timer too. Additional pins are available so a person could have multiple on and off times tripped by these pins in the timer.
  Agreed but apparently this is not what this is.  it's also the reason I said Lowes name for it is very strange or odd.  

Here are two eBay sites that show it.  Look at their pictures and you decide.   Ebay #1     Ebay #2 

Picture from eBay matches up with Lowes site along with description

rated:
Lowe's name for it is not exactly strange or odd, it's just wrong (incorrect, not applicable to this product, and so on). There ain't no stinking tripper pins.

Imo this is a common theme for lots of product pages on Lowe's. For example remember the 25ft 10/4 generator extension cord described as "110V", and "Spec'ed" the same way?

rated:
Typical Lowes  - poor descriptions - poor pictures

rated:
Ordered three from a store that had 27 in stock. Just got the ready for pickup order and the line item in that email is described as OUTDOOR CNTDWN TIMER W/REM

Following the link in the email takes me to the same page OP posted. 21 left at East Stockton, CA

rated:
CaedynsPapu said:   Ordered three from a store that had 27 in stock. Just got the ready for pickup order and the line item in that email is described as OUTDOOR CNTDWN TIMER W/REM

Following the link in the email takes me to the same page OP posted. 21 left at East Stockton, CA

Apparently you ordered 6.  I ordered 10.  Apparently not many other brave souls here  LOL.  

rated:
Not a matter of bravery, can't think of a single thing I need to put on a timer, that isn't already on a timer.
Fot something like this, don't need multiple redundancies, and I'm not a hoarder. <<shrug>>

rated:
I think he was referring to the bravery part about being in Stockton.

I did only order three, when I went back and checked to see how many were left it had gone down to 21.

One is for my son who is in a rental with weird garage wiring so he can add overhead lighting he can easily switch on and off without modifying anything.

I will use the other two for outdoor lighting at Christmas

rated:
I received my remote timers  -  This is just to verify what this item really is:
Lowes description was  "PRIME Residential Lighting Timer Tripper Pins”  COMPLETELY WRONG  

This is what it really is:  Outdoor electronic timer with two usable plugs and remote

Can be used in multiple ways (remote switch or remote timer)
     1.      Can be used without the timer function by using the remote to turn it on/off up to 80’ away
     2.      Can be used as a dusk to dawn light (turns on/off automatically}
     3.      Can be used to turn light on at dusk and turn off at set interval (2,4,6 or 8 hours) or override with the remote to shut off earlier up to 80’ away

You can do the set up on the unit itself or use the remote to set it up
Looks to be very well made and not cheaply built.  It is on clearance and 75% off just as likely to have another price drop shortly  

rated:
Thanks wtjc, picking up mine tomorrow

rated:
My local Lowes just cancels this stuff with no emails or phone calls when I order online. They suck! Not worth drive to see if they actually have them in stock, so trying again to get 2 with a reported 12 in stock.

I might actually get this one though, since they are showing it is only 37% off with normal price of $8.22 and now $5.14.....??

rated:
Showing $12.74 around me... per website.  Are they ringing lower in stores?

rated:
I found them for that price, but there were also 70+ of the Utilitech version for $14.97, so if you can't find the Prime version and really want one, try the Utilitech.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-15-Max-Amp-2-Outlet-Mechanica...

KuoH

Technologist said:   Showing $12.74 around me... per website.  Are they ringing lower in stores?

rated:
Technologist said:   Showing $12.74 around me... per website.  Are they ringing lower in stores?
  When Lowes places things on clearance prices will vary widely (even in the same town).  If you watch the stores that have the higher prices they usually will drop too (some just take longer than others).  As with all things Lowes YMMV .  Lowes has a price match policy but they will not price match their own stores.  At the current time prices vary between $5.14 and $21.00 (with about 230 stores $5.24 or lower)  

rated:
wtjc said:    At the current time prices vary between $5.14 and $21.00 (with about 230 stores $5.24 or lower)  
 How did you find out that many stores have it for that price?  

rated:
Picked up mine today, looks pretty well built, especially for the money

rated:
KuoH said:   I found them for that price, but there were also 70+ of the Utilitech version for $14.97, so if you can't find the Prime version and really want one, try the Utilitech.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-15-Max-Amp-2-Outlet-Mechanical-Residential-Plug-in-Countdown-Lighting-Timer/1000093077

KuoH

no utilitech (sounds like a batman item - bat belt from utilitech / aka Wayne Industries!).

And the one in stock is still higher price.  Damn ebayers!!!

rated:
In my post I said this "It is on clearance and 75% off just as likely to have another price drop shortly"  
Well that's whats happening
Dothan, AL 8 $1.29
S. Columbus, OH 14 $1.29
Norman, OK 27 $1.29
Oneida, NY 27 $1.44
Olympia, WA 1 $1.44
Owatonna, MN 12 $2.06
Osage Beach, MO 34 $2.50
N. Anniston, AL 17 $2.57
Gautier, MS 12 $2.62
Waycross, GA 9 $4.11
Prattville, AL 10 $4.11
Lorain, OH 1 $4.63
Lake Havasu, AZ 4 $4.63

When Lowes clearances things prices do keep dropping (in most if not all)  stores. When I posted the $5.14 price  some stores sold out but others keep getting added.  Keep checking if your interested.  Without knowing what area or zip your in I can't help much more than this.

rated:
Two stores near me show $21 price and its not available for in store pick up.  
Third store, further away shows 27 in stock for $6.17 ea.  
Maybe higher price is when they have to ship it to that store for you?

rated:
Found some in West Palm Beach, Fl.
Only store with $5.14 pricing. Still 6 left very top pallet racking shelf aisle 13

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017