Avatar
posted 48 years ago by
st4rdust
Doorbuster

American Apparel recently filed for bankruptcy (again) and is closing down their stores. - http://fortune.com/2017/01/16/bankrupt-american-apparel-layoffs/

I'm not sure if they will continue to operate online a la Wet Seal and PacSun

Right now you can get 40% off sitewide with code "TAKE40". I'm assuming the discount will get steeper as time passes but by then items may be OOS. 

 

Views
12 Comments
Add Comment
Thanks for sharing. I have been on their website last bankruptcy flash and was unable to find anything I liked. Same this time. Oh well.

Am I the only one that thinks the models appear depressed? Wearing ugly clothes?

dont worry...Amazon is eyeing it...

Please keep the conversation on topic!

Not worth it even at 80% off!

st4rdust said:   I'm not sure if they will continue to operate online a la Wet Seal and PacSun.
 

  What are you talking about?  Wet Seal and PacSun both still have physical stores. Do you mean they will close a lot of stores, but still have some and website like both Wet Seal and PacSun?

not just poorly run, but also IMORAL company Look at their history of sexual harassment and abuse of employees and of their
models by numerous management members including Dov Charney
I would never let my daughter wear their stuff

Don't believe me?
Look it up!
 

fishbane said:   
st4rdust said:   I'm not sure if they will continue to operate online a la Wet Seal and PacSun
  What are you talking about?  Wet Seal and PacSun both still have physical stores. Do you mean they will close a lot of stores, but still have some and website like both Wet Seal and PacSun

  They are closing EVERYTHING.  They just closed their Los Angeles manufacturer.  I don't know what the Canadian company that bought them is going to do with the name 'American' apparel.

ionxchanger said:   dont worry...Amazon is eyeing it...
  
They were bought by Gildan last week.

harrisonh said:   not just poorly run, but also IMORAL company Look at their history of sexual harassment and abuse of employees and of their
models by numerous management members including Dov Charney
I would never let my daughter wear their stuff

Don't believe me?
Look it up!

  
It was a controversial brand because of "racy" advertising... and the founder had his fair share of legal trouble... but nothing in this world is so "black & white" (Would you rather your daughter wear clothes from a company that pays its employees living wages and offers healthcare - or clothes made by people who are virtually slaves - whether in Bangladesh or, worse, a U.S.-created tax haven like the Northern Mariana Islands?)...

PS:  Just my $.02; thanks OP for posting (though it should be noted that 40% sales have been run when the company wasn't going bankrupt... and those were a better deal 'cause one could use gift cards purchased at a discount for payment)...

= /

Went to their website, and was reminded why they are bankrupt... again.

forbin4040 said:   
fishbane said:   
st4rdust said:   I'm not sure if they will continue to operate online a la Wet Seal and PacSun
  What are you talking about?  Wet Seal and PacSun both still have physical stores. Do you mean they will close a lot of stores, but still have some and website like both Wet Seal and PacSun

  They are closing EVERYTHING.  They just closed their Los Angeles manufacturer.  I don't know what the Canadian company that bought them is going to do with the name 'American' apparel.


 Curious, why only ppl in the US considered themselves as American?  Aren't Canadian also live in the same continent? 

SSi said:   
forbin4040 said:   
fishbane said:   
st4rdust said:   I'm not sure if they will continue to operate online a la Wet Seal and PacSun
  What are you talking about?  Wet Seal and PacSun both still have physical stores. Do you mean they will close a lot of stores, but still have some and website like both Wet Seal and PacSun

  They are closing EVERYTHING.  They just closed their Los Angeles manufacturer.  I don't know what the Canadian company that bought them is going to do with the name 'American' apparel.


 Curious, why only ppl in the US considered themselves as American?  Aren't Canadian also live in the same continent? 

  Because they don't call in the Canada States of America.

You can say they are all North American's but no one says that.  (And South American as well)



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017