posted 48 years ago by
LORENW
Packer Backer Deal-Seeker

Samsung 65" CLASS (64.5" DIAG) CURVED 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV UN65KU649DFXZA

In store starting Jan 22, however it is live online at that price now, with free shipping right now, for members only
​$45 extra for white glove in home delivery with haul away of packaging

This is the same as the 65ku6500 that is in other stores, it does come with the smart remote, it is a 2016 model
Second year of in home warranty is free
Costco also offers 3 years of square trade to move your warranty to 5 years in home @ $59

Views
23 Comments
Add Comment
That looks like a great price! I signed into my Costco account and it shows $1149.99 (with prices valid thru 1/21). Hopefully it will drop on 1/22!

wiseguy1100 said:   That looks like a great price! I signed into my Costco account and it shows $1149.99 (with prices valid thru 1/21). Hopefully it will drop on 1/22!
Check the model number, that price is the 650, look to make sure your looking at a 649  
 I ordered one Sunday nite, it was $899.99 then and still is on my webpage, mine shipped Monday night
​There is a Big Game flyer that starts Jan 22,
this tv is on the second page,
you can go to the store now and get one at current price, then go have it adjusted after the sale starts to make sure they don't sell out.
​I ordered one to make sure I get in before others grab them all up, and I didn't want to haul and unbox the thing, white glove is easier, and if the set is broken, or doesn't work, the return and replace process is much easier.

You are correct! For some reason, I thought this was the SUHD TV and got super excited by it. But it is the UHD TV. Still a great deal.
Thanks, OP!

I have a 55" curved Samsung from the Amazon deal...remind me that 10 inches doesn't really matter.  <facepalm>

Really hard to resist since I could probably sell the 55" for nearly what I paid for it.

what's the appeal of a curved TV ?

laidbacklarkin said:   what's the appeal of a curved TV ?
  I looked at the Samsung 65ku6300 and the curved 65ku6500 side by side in a store
The electronics are the exact same, 6300 is flat, 6500 is curved
​They were running the exact same in store demo video, the curved looked better on each and every scene
​The only way to know if it matters to you, is go out and take a view for yourself

Is mounting the curved TV similar to mounting a flat tv?

On costco.com i saw Samsung UN65KU6290FXZA for $899.97. How does that compare to UN65KU649DFXZA? The 6290 is not curved but same price. Should one go for curved as its the same price?

ultrabak81 said:   Is mounting the curved TV similar to mounting a flat tv?
  I would like the answer to this as well...already have the standard mounting set up in the family room...wondering if I can just take off the old TV and replace with the curved.

LORENW said:   
wiseguy1100 said:   That looks like a great price! I signed into my Costco account and it shows $1149.99 (with prices valid thru 1/21). Hopefully it will drop on 1/22!
Check the model number, that price is the 650, look to make sure your looking at a 649  
 I ordered one Sunday nite, it was $899.99 then and still is on my webpage, mine shipped Monday night
​There is a Big Game flyer that starts Jan 22,
this tv is on the second page,
you can go to the store now and get one at current price, then go have it adjusted after the sale starts to make sure they don't sell out.
​I ordered one to make sure I get in before others grab them all up, and I didn't want to haul and unbox the thing, white glove is easier, and if the set is broken, or doesn't work, the return and replace process is much easier.

Here is the Link for $899.99 (Member Only, Sign in)

Linkostco

jaredulr said:   
ultrabak81 said:   Is mounting the curved TV similar to mounting a flat tv?
  I would like the answer to this as well...already have the standard mounting set up in the family room...wondering if I can just take off the old TV and replace with the curved.

Yes. Most curved TVs meet the VESA mounting standard. Assuming your prior one had a standard mounting pattern, just unscrew old one and mount new one.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00039995/

LORENW said:   
laidbacklarkin said:   what's the appeal of a curved TV ?
  I looked at the Samsung 65ku6300 and the curved 65ku6500 side by side in a store
The electronics are the exact same, 6300 is flat, 6500 is curved
​They were running the exact same in store demo video, the curved looked better on each and every scene
​The only way to know if it matters to you, is go out and take a view for yourself

From relatively straight on I think a curved screen looks better to most people. However, off angle is another story. A good flat television has better viewing angles from off-center than a curved one. Not all flat TVs had great wide-viewing angles, but most mid-to-high end ones are pretty good off-axis these days. Curved display is a personal preference and its utility, or lack thereof, is based on where you'll sit, how big a room, etc.

mailvips said:   On costco.com i saw Samsung UN65KU6290FXZA for $899.97. How does that compare to UN65KU649DFXZA? The 6290 is not curved but same price. Should one go for curved as its the same price?
  6290 has the exact same electronics as the 6300 and the 6500 curved
​The big difference is the 6290 has a simple remote, and the 6300 and 6500 have a smart remote,

​If you have a Microcenter , they have the 6290 for  $899, no club membership needed

LORENW said:   6290 has the exact same electronics as the 6300 and the 6500 curved
The big difference is the 6290 has a simple remote, and the 6300 and 6500 have a smart remote

I thought the 6300 and 6500 also have Bluetooth while the 6290 does not.

Same price as Black Friday. Got one then. Pretty good TV.

$60 Square Trade (3yr) + Costco Visa gives total 7yr coverage.

TellyTubby said:   
LORENW said:   6290 has the exact same electronics as the 6300 and the 6500 curved
The big difference is the 6290 has a simple remote, and the 6300 and 6500 have a smart remote

I thought the 6300 and 6500 also have Bluetooth while the 6290 does not.

The smart remote is Bluetooth, so yes the 6300 and the 6500 are Bluetooth, and the 6290 has simple remote is a normal tv only remote

For anyone considering this TV. I compared the 55" version of this TV to the 60KS8000 which is the SUHD. I did a direct comparison on a ton of YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon content, trying to focus on HDR since the KS8000 is supposedly much better at handlng that.

This TV was nearly identical to the KS8000 in many areas. The KS8000 was just slightly better on most scene, but pretty minimal overall. If they weren't side by side, I'd have been pretty ecstacic about either TV.

At $899 this is a steal of a TV. The menu functions are very easy and the remote is great. Great price!

Bult said:   For anyone considering this TV. I compared the 55" version of this TV to the 60KS8000 which is the SUHD. I did a direct comparison on a ton of YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon content, trying to focus on HDR since the KS8000 is supposedly much better at handlng that.

This TV was nearly identical to the KS8000 in many areas. The KS8000 was just slightly better on most scene, but pretty minimal overall. If they weren't side by side, I'd have been pretty ecstacic about either TV.

At $899 this is a steal of a TV. The menu functions are very easy and the remote is great. Great price!

Thank you so much for your comments!  I was holding out for a similar deal that BF had on the SUHD - but am not finding any (for Samsung 65").  The SUHD looked MUCH better in store - but, I am not sure for most content if it is worth it.  Based on your comments, it seems that it may not be and this UHD is perfectly fine for most existing content.  Is that correct?

i think i just saw this last night in costco, i was wondering why the curved one was $899 and the flat one next to it is $1299. personally i think curved is horrible unless you're just a single person watching the TV geometrically dead center in front of it. in a family setting with multiple viewers there is no way I'm getting a curved one.

This one is live IN STORE today

Curved makes sense if you are sitting close to it relative to it's size, so a curved 65" would be good for small rooms. However, if it's a bigger room and you are sitting at a distance then it's just weird. Also note that when you are viewing TV's on a shelf in store you will normally be closer than you would be at home so the curved ones might seem more appealing.

I also like Bult's comment above about the difference in picture quality of the 6 series versus the 8 series TV's being only really apparent in side-by-side comparisons. If you are sitting at home with only one of these TVs in your room I think you'll be just as happy with either of them.

TellyTubby said:   Curved makes sense if you are sitting close to it relative to it's size, so a curved 65" would be good for small rooms. However, if it's a bigger room and you are sitting at a distance then it's just weird. Also note that when you are viewing TV's on a shelf in store you will normally be closer than you would be at home so the curved ones might seem more appealing.

I also like Bult's comment above about the difference in picture quality of the 6 series versus the 8 series TV's being only really apparent in side-by-side comparisons. If you are sitting at home with only one of these TVs in your room I think you'll be just as happy with either of them.

In my case, All viewing will be done straight on, in my boy cave/office room. For best results, The curved is supposed to be viewed at 8 feet straight on, according to the promos. We have a 70 inch with a wide view angle in the living room for groups. I'll get mine delivered on Tuesday.

44-21

LOL!

Curse Lives!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017