rated:
"motor operates at 6.5 sones"
This is a very loud fan....

Here are some examples of sone measurements:

4.0 sones is the sound of normal television (which would be ridiculously loud for a normal bathroom fan, though I've heard some this loud!)
3.0 sones is office noise (still very loud for a fan)
1.0 sone is the sound of a quiet refrigerator (about as good as it gets!!)
0.5 sone is the sound of rustling leaves.

rated:
zackr said:   "motor operates at 6.5 sones"
This is a very loud fan....

Here are some examples of sone measurements:

4.0 sones is the sound of normal television (which would be ridiculously loud for a normal bathroom fan, though I've heard some this loud!)
3.0 sones is office noise (still very loud for a fan)
1.0 sone is the sound of a quiet refrigerator (about as good as it gets!!)
0.5 sone is the sound of rustling leaves.

Sometimes, when you're using someone's guest bath room and the door is paper thin you wish the exhaust fan was louder....... 

rated:
6.5 sones! Wow I seriously didn't know they went that loud.

I got my 1.0 sones fans from HD for $33 on clearance.

rated:
Might need some ear protection when taking a crap?

rated:
Panasonic bath fans are about 0.2 sones. Worth it. this fan ix 33X louder. didn't know they sold anything that loud.

6.5 sones might  be ok in the garage, maybe. Wouldn't use in the barn - would scare the horses.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017