posted 48 years ago by
NotoriousBBC

Link for reference to the product

I took my son yesterday to return and look at new tablets at our WalMart in Belleville, IL.  The gentlemen working at the electronics dept. informed me he had the Lenovo Tab 10 for $79.  They show up $99 at WalMart.com and on Amazon.  He said it was the one on sale for $99 from Black Friday, but no one bought them. 

Be gentle, this is my first time!

Views
50 Comments
Add Comment
This is the right SKU: 54476996 (link to brickseek)

Indeed plenty around my area for $79. Ok deal i'd say.

One store in my area has them for $64.00.

"Dead straight out of the box
12/26/2016
Average rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by Robb
I bought this tablet for my elderly mother as a Christmas present to replace the 7" LG she uses to play games and look on Facebook to keep up with family stuff. The tablet NEVER even came on it would not take a charge straight out of the box never even saw the screen other than the flashing battery on it, I let it charge for 24 hours hoping some miracle would happen & it would charge but that never happened. It is getting returned today and I am buying something different. I though Lenovo was supposed to be a good product, I guess not!!!!!, will think twice before purchasing anything Lenovo again."

This is my 1 star review of this tablet, price was good but never came on, could be a good deal if you get one that works..

Plenty in stores, I saw a few for $59 in the store, they have been marked down since before Xmas
Not much of a tablet

you probably didnt charge it.

are there flops yes with any products. i have had two of these tablets and they have run everything i threw at it. some games are slower micro to load because of 1gb on ram . but as far as parents grandparents this is quite capable of performing decent. got mom one of the first gen google tablets that was 8 and working fine.

sku #?

According to Brickseek there are 38 of them at WalMart Supercenter, 2401 Avondale Haslet Road, Fort Worth TX 76052 for $50

Will WalMart PM to another local WalMart with a lower clearance price? I'm seeing this for $50 at one WalMart, but don't feel like driving an extra hour.

According to Brickseek there are plenty available in stores around me @$79 but the stores with $20 & $ 35 are all sold out.
Guess I'll have to wait for it to drop down to $20 or $35

RAM Memory = 1GB.

From Amazon's web page: 

Product Description:
Lenovo Tab 10 with WiFi 10.1" Touchscreen Tablet PC

Technical Specifications:

• 1.30GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 quad-core processor
  • 1GB of system memory
  • 10.1" touchscreen, 1280 x 800 resolution
  • Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth

Additional Features:

• Back 5MP webcam with autofocus and front 2MP fixed-focus webcam
  • USB 2.0 port, headphone jack
  • 16GB onboard storage memory, additional memory via microSD card slot
  • Dual Dolby speakers with Dolby Atmos
  • G-sensor, vibrator
  • Up to 10 hours of run time on a full charge
  • Weighs 1.26 lbs; 9.72" x 0.38" x 6.73" dimensions
  • Kid's Mode, Built-in
  • Multi-User profiles

Software and Applications:

• Android 6.0 OS (Marshmallow)
  • McAfee Security
  • Media Formats: popular media formats

What's in the Box:

• Tablet and AC adapter
  • USB cable

Summary
Screen Size 10.1 inches
Screen Resolution 1280 x 800
RAM SDRAM DDR3
Hard Drive 16 GB
Wireless Type 802.11bgn
Number of USB 2.0 Ports 1
Average Battery Life (in hours) 10 hours

Other Technical Details
Brand Name Lenovo
Series Lenovo TB-X103F ZA1U0000US
Item model number Lenovo TB-X103F
Hardware Platform Android
Operating System Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Item Weight 1.3 pounds
Product Dimensions 9.7 x 6.7 x 0.4 inches
Item Dimensions L x W x H 9.72 x 6.73 x 0.38 inches
Color Black
Rear Webcam Resolution 5 MP
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Power Source AC & Battery

half the stores within an hour of me have more than 2 dozen in stock.

looks like they are out there if you want them.

ahcataldo said:   Will WalMart PM to another local WalMart with a lower clearance price? I'm seeing this for $50 at one WalMart, but don't feel like driving an extra hour.
  PLEASE NOTE: The results below are estimates pulled from the store and may NOT be used for price matching. While typically the data on our site matches what you will find in store, in the case of a discrepancy please understand WalMart is not associated with this site, and will NOT honor price or stock discrepancies found on this site. Use the information below as a guide to help you shop and please always be respectful to employees!

So this same unit was on sale a few times at OfficeMax/Office Depot. I am seeing a few stores with more than 30 units in stock. Wonder if they will continue to drop in price at stores with a higher inventory (as mentioned above some are seeing this for $50 and $35

Also will have to check the system memory for the apps I will want to run on this unit.

10" tablet with 1280x800 resolution is bad. overall very poor specs. Not worth is to give it to kids.
If you have better spec'ed phones, your kids will quickly dump this and ask for your phones.

javaman2003 said:   10" tablet with 1280x800 resolution is bad. overall very poor specs. Not worth is to give it to kids.
If you have better spec'ed phones, your kids will quickly dump this and ask for your phones.

​Well, whatever the specs a 10" tablet from a name brand manufacturer for under $100 is unusual, aka a deal.

​1gb memory is definitely a negative, although 1280x800 resolution is more or less standard on 8" to 10" tablets these days.   Higher resolution is definitely preferred but its rare to see higher resolution on a 10" under $200.  

​$79 is a pretty attractive price.  You don't have the vast assortment of cheap 10" tablets like you do 7" and 8" tablets.    If your looking for a budget 10" android tablet I don't know of anything cheaper right now unless you buy Chinese.

Lenovo is Chinese...

I have a smaller Lenovo Tab 8 with similar specs and it works very well for the price. Screen is good, charging is a little slow, runs all apps, very reliable. I will buy one if I pass a WalMart in the next few weeks.

trumpotron said:   you probably didnt charge it.

" I let it charge for 24 hours hoping some miracle would happen & it would charge but that never happened."

I may check into this. Yes I know the specs aren't top of the line but I need to replace my recently dead Hisense Sero 7 Pro I purchased a few years ago (at WalMart). That also had 1GB Ram but I believe slightly better resolution (in 7" also). I really only use it for quick checks of email, quick Google searches and the like often while watching TV. As I get older (not necessarily wiser) I'll enjoy a larger screen and my MS 640 phone (also from a deal here) is becoming a little difficult to view and being a Windows phone am missing some of my Apps I like.

Thanks,

There are at least 15 of these in Chelmsford MA for 50 bucks. They don't have any out, need to ask, but again, there was a stack of at least 15 of them. Picked one up this morning

Didn't have any out on the floor- but there were plenty locked up beneath the tablets....

EradicateSpam said:   Lenovo is Chinese...
  Let me know which one is made in USA. Thanks!

Alchemist42 said:   
​1gb memory is definitely a negative, although 1280x800 resolution is more or less standard on 8" to 10" tablets these days.   Higher resolution is definitely preferred but its rare to see higher resolution on a 10" under $200.  

The Lenovo Tab2 A10 is a 10" with 1920 x 1200 resolution and 2GB RAM that is under $200. Be careful that you get the right model (ZA000001US) as there is a lower end model with similar specs to the one in OP.

Gave one to my mother about a month ago to replace her old NOOK HD+. Build quality is really nice but the screen is pretty nasty looking and browsing speed is about the same as the old HD+. Micro USB charging port is a big plus. It's better then most of the other budget tabs in this size out there but I definitely wouldn't be able to handle the browsing speed on a daily basis. It is tempting at $50.00 but would just end up collecting dust at my place.

is this price nationwide?

When it comes down to it almost all tablet and notebook ODM (original device manufacturers) are Chinese.    The ODMs design to the specifications of the manufacturer.   

That said, there is also a big difference between a 'Made for World Markets' device from a major manufacturer...   and the 'made for the chinese' markert tablets you can get on banggood and other places.    Not to say some of the chinese models aren't bad because some of them are quite good.   But they aren't as polished in one way or another and are uniformly cheaper as a result. 

Fishmaster said:   Gave one to my mother about a month ago to replace her old NOOK HD+. Build quality is really nice but the screen is pretty nasty looking and browsing speed is about the same as the old HD+. Micro USB charging port is a big plus. It's better then most of the other budget tabs in this size out there but I definitely wouldn't be able to handle the browsing speed on a daily basis. It is tempting at $50.00 but would just end up collecting dust at my place.
  The NOOK HD+ was slow but dang was its screen pretty for its day.   1440x900 of IPS rocked at 8.9".   

My location only has 48 in stock because I bought 1. But they had none on display??????

Rick505 said:   I may check into this. Yes I know the specs aren't top of the line but I need to replace my recently dead Hisense Sero 7 Pro I purchased a few years ago (at WalMart ). That also had 1GB Ram but I believe slightly better resolution (in 7" also). I really only use it for quick checks of email, quick Google searches and the like often while watching TV. As I get older (not necessarily wiser) I'll enjoy a larger screen and my MS 640 phone (also from a deal here) is becoming a little difficult to view and being a Windows phone am missing some of my Apps I like.

Thanks,

I agree about missing apps, but Cortana is so nice for quick searches.

Works great in the kitchen and at desk as a small TV using my Dishanywhere app, and I don't have to pay for another Joey.

brickseek says my local store has 48. The Wal-Mart in the next city 28. Had both check UPC and item# nothing at all. Would have great to get one for $79.00 but no go.

One store at $50 with none, rest at $79. Very oddly large # of them too. Like 30, 50, even 76 listed at in-stock at some locations. Doesn't sound right.  Still $79 just okay IMO for this and nothing to bother with.
tightpapa said:   My location only has 48 in stock because I bought 1. But they had none on display??????
  Certain products meant for a special sale like Black Friday don't have a place once the sale is over.  Not unusual to find them stashed away somewhere they really shouldn't be.
  Heck, they're almost all Chinese... or Korean, or Taiwanese, etc, etc.  Not much to get worked up over IMO.  If they make a good product, it's fine by me.

Nice price for a name brand 10". That being said, I owned this very tablet as well as a Lenovo 8" and both went bad within 6 months with normal use. In each case, the tablets stopped taking a charge. To Lenovo's credit, they did repair/replace under warranty saying the motherboard went bad in each. Fluke? Maybe, but I'm skeptical of quality based on those experiences. YMMV as to whether you get a clunker or not. Green for deal though.

NasdaqTrader889 said:   brickseek says my local store has 48. The Wal-Mart in the next city 28. Had both check UPC and item# nothing at all. Would have great to get one for $79.00 but no go.
These are still available in LOTS of walmarts. We have purchased 6 in 4 different stores around the country. In every single store, Brickseek says they have inventory. Employees say they don't. I make a scene by insisting they actually go look and not just look at their phone (lots of lazy employees). I finally make enough noise that someone (there is always one good employee) will actually go look, and miraculously they find a whole pile (usually 20-30). 4 times - same result. So, if your store says they don't have them, but brickseek says they do, they probably do. You just have to make them actually GO LOOK. 

I talked to an electronics manager about it. Her theory is that
(1) these were originally bought to attract people to the store on black friday, so they weren't "regular" inventory (i.e. held back for BF).
(2) This means they are also not on WalMart.com (wouldn't drive people to the store if they could just order online).
(3) They weren't well advertised/merchandised, so the inventory just sat in the stockroom (at her store, she said it wasn't in the ad and hadn't been merchandised at all).
(4) So, WalMart has started marking them down - but they still aren't on WalMart.com (which is where employees look for things when you ask) and they still aren't being merchandised.
      note that in one store, I did see one on display - but not with computers/tablets. It was on a bottom shelf in the phone area.
(5) so, until people go ask for them, they will just continue to rot in storerooms (at least until someone gets orders to do something differently).

Also note that dealnews says this tablet is now available on eBay at the same price http://dealnews.com/Lenovo-Tab-10-10.1-16-GB-Android-Tablet-for-...

Personally, I would rather get them from WalMart (returns are easy if DOA - haven't had that issue yet, but nice to have) but YMMV.

rayfor said:   RAM Memory = 1GB.
  like this matters - what do you plan on running on this thing? it's a web surfer at best! not a full fledged business tablet like an ipad pro
i have an HP Touchpad that has similar specs - and there is NOTHING wrong with it at all - even running android!

Shows in stock when I try to order online and use same day in store pickup the price rises to $99. . Only 5 miles away, going to take a drive over later.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017