posted 2 months ago by
gaijinexpat
Serene Member

Not sure if this is a typo at Amazon, but one of "Today's Deals" is New Yorker All Access for $5.  It says "Get 48 issues for only $0.10 each".  However, if you click the link, it takes you to 12 issues for $5, so make sure you "add to cart" from the Today's Deals page.

My wife wants the magazine, so I've placed the order.  I also took a screenshot of the Today's Deal page in case Amazon only gives me 12 issues.

4 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Not found. Perhaps deal is dead?

rated:
It still shows up on my Today's Deals page. I know Amazon uses cookies to customize the pages it presents to you, so that may be why you don't see it. 

It might show up if you try the following:  Open a new browser without logging in; click on "70% Off or More", "Savings & Sales" and "Under $25"
It is one of the first items listed.  However, if you click on "Magazines" it disappears

rated:
This showed up for me.

The website makes it hard to figure out if it's 12 issues for $5 or 48 issues for $5.

I contacted CS via chat and there may have been a little bit lost in translation, but when I asked: "so if I purchase the deal I will receive 48 issues x $0.10 = $4.80 or approximately $5?" the answer was "Yes you are correct."

Once the subscription starts I'll be logging in to verify subscription length and to cancel auto-renew, which is where you can get totally hosed.

---
Update - my Amazon magazine subscription manager shows a 12 issue subscription.  Just endured a second CS chat purgatory to find that the deal is for 12 issues and that the 48 issues is a typo.  So, I'm canceling and sitting this one out.  The added time and frustration --> not worth it.
---
Update #2 - Amazon CS reached out to me after I completed a "how did we do" survey by email in which I described the situation and suggested that correct information by the 1st CS rep might have helped avoid a colossal waste of time for everyone. I didn't expect a reply and had psychologically moved on to other banal issues in my life. To my surprise I received a CS email a few hours later with an (unnecessary) apology and an offer for 12 free issues. I was pleasantly surprised by this token of goodwill!

rated:
Since Yahoo says that Amazon gets 40% of all online transactions you would think they could afford a proofreader.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017