Posted with ToGo

LG - 50" Class (49.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - Black + $20 GC
$399.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-50-class-49-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/5622527.p?skuId=5622527 

Only at Best BuyWatch favorite programs in Ultra HD with this LG smart TV. Its 4K resolution provides image clarity and brilliance, and its 4K upscaler optimally enhances the quality of lower-resolution video content for a near Ultra HD viewing experience. Use the webOS 3.0 system and Magic Mobile connection to your smartphone to perform various tasks on this 50-inch LG smart TV.

Views
13 Comments
Add Comment
Don't forget the $25 Visa Checkout AND a $20 GC that will be mailed.

Super Hot Deal

Refresh rate 60 Hz

It's new and a great price for a great panel, great job OP.

Green for OP.

In for one... $25 off using Visa Checkout.  2% ebates. 

Whooho...new TV coming in 2 days!

if anyone has that 10% off email coupon best buy sent out last week I'd be willing to swap for a $10 Amazon gift card. Send me a PM. My house was broken into last week and I need to replace some electronics  

Slow refresh rate and non-HDR. FYI.

Newst WebOS?

Mine arrived yesterday. This is a great TV as long you are feeding it good signals (1080i OTA or HD digital stuff looks awesome). Go into Youtube to watch the 4K videos and IT IS A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I tweeked the settings a bit to improve the picture and reduce the washed out look that came with the factory setting in some of the pic modes.

But, if your signal is 720p or lower, the picture looks horrible no matter at which setting (and there are lots of pic modes to choose from). Even some Roku shows (PBS, etc.) that used to look ok on my old HDTV now looks really bad.

It's a good TV for $400 or below for sure. BTW, the TV prompted me to upgrade it this morning, and after that, a bunch of IPTV digital channels showed up automatically - these are internet streaming signals that show up on my channel list after the OTA channels. The picture looks great when watching any of these digital channels and some are very interesting. It definitely gives you many more free channels to watch if you got bored with Hulu, Netflix, AMZ, etc.

Consensus from SD, Best Buy Reviews, elsewhere is that it's a fine tv. It does support HDR10, but not certifiable in any way. Users say the color seems to improve with HDR, but i doubt it's anywhere near what it should be. Latest update apparently fixes gaming lag to become barely noticeable.

mmyk72 said:   Mine arrived yesterday. This is a great TV as long you are feeding it good signals (1080i OTA or HD digital stuff looks awesome). Go into Youtube to watch the 4K videos and IT IS A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I tweeked the settings a bit to improve the picture and reduce the washed out look that came with the factory setting in some of the pic modes.

But, if your signal is 720p or lower, the picture looks horrible no matter at which setting (and there are lots of pic modes to choose from). Even some Roku shows (PBS, etc.) that used to look ok on my old HDTV now looks really bad.

It's a good TV for $400 or below for sure. BTW, the TV prompted me to upgrade it this morning, and after that, a bunch of IPTV digital channels showed up automatically - these are internet streaming signals that show up on my channel list after the OTA channels. The picture looks great when watching any of these digital channels and some are very interesting. It definitely gives you many more free channels to watch if you got bored with Hulu, Netflix, AMZ, etc.

I'm curious how wide angle viewing is?  Want to use it in our basement which has various viewing angles (not super sharp, but about 45 degrees or less.  thx!

Watched mine all weekend.
Anything 720p or above looks great. 1080p is astounding. I only have streaming source for 4k - it looked about the same as 1080 blueray to me. The TV has a ton of features, including about 70 free IPTV channels that seamlessly integrate into OTA channel lineup.
It's fast, changing channels and startup is super quick.
60 htz is not a problem for me, as I hate truemotion and I prefer 24fps film. I actually found most shows to be pretty smooth. I couldn't ask for much more.

Picture is well beyond what I expected for this price. I have minor,as in miraculously-negligible, light leak and banding (I just assumed it would be a thing at this price point). Black levels are also pretty damned good. Color is spot on. The only tweaking I had to do, was crank down the backlight to an acceptable level, and adding some warmth (my preference).

One downside is the lack of network file access (no SMB/afp support). Plex is a possibility, but not for me. Maybe an app will materialize as some point.

Well worth the price.

mrhineh said:     I'm curious how wide angle viewing is?  Want to use it in our basement which has various viewing angles (not super sharp, but about 45 degrees or less.  thx!
  I'd say 45 deg is ok.  It is an IPS panel which supposedly does better than the alternative in angle viewing. 

I agree with everything mmconhea just said.  I watched some movies that streamed in 1080p and all I can say is WOW.  AMZ has Ultra HD shows and they look great - the TV switches to HDR automatically.  My only complaint re that is having to turn down the backlight EACH TIME a new episode comes on - for some reason, it can't store the user adjusted setting for this type of show like it does for other pic modes.

have this TV purchased/running for a few weeks, Comcast's HD is better on my 6 years old Samsung, basically NO benefits when watching NBA games

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017