More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
Bought this one of the last times it was posted. Really works great.

rated:
So is it any easier to peel flawlessly with this gadget vs the boiling and ice water ritual?

rated:
This reminds me of Alton Brown's rule to focus on stocking your kitchen with multi-tasking devices, not devices that only have one function.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   So is it any easier to peel flawlessly with this gadget vs the boiling and ice water ritual?

I've stopped using the traditional boiling since fresh eggs from my chickens never peel right.  Steaming gets the perfect result and I've been doing that for a long time now.  If you don't have a steamer, than this gadget is good to have, especially for the price. 

rated:
diskmon said:   This reminds me of Alton Brown's rule to focus on stocking your kitchen with multi-tasking devices, not devices that only have one function.
A good rule of thumb.  Off the top of my head the only single use item in our kitchen that gets used consistently is the coffee pot.  If this thing peeled them too I would be very tempted though.

rated:
linrick said:   
Bagofchips said:   So is it any easier to peel flawlessly with this gadget vs the boiling and ice water ritual?
I've stopped using the traditional boiling since fresh eggs from my chickens never peel right.  Steaming gets the perfect result and I've been doing that for a long time now.  If you don't have a steamer, than this gadget is good to have, especially for the price. 

Peeling is definitely easier than boiling.

My wife can barely boil water, single use appliances are good to go if it keeps me from doing all of the cooking.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017