posted 2 months ago by
ksamymiester
Cool Member

Priceline.com  is offering Roundtrip Delta Airlines Airfares from Seattle (SEA) to Shanghai, China (PVG) for $447 (Including taxes/fees). Thanks serra

Note, there are currently a good amount of dates available within the travel availability periods listed below. Be sure to select flight and round-trip to search for your departure dates.  This is nonstop service.
Travel availability:

• Departs from Seattle (SEA):

• February 16 thru May 4, 2017

• Returns to Seattle (SEA)

• Thru May 5, 2017

Sample travel dates:

• March 1-8, 2017

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Nice deal, star boy!

rated:
For those who care this flight is operated by a 767-300ER, which probably has the best economy layout of any widebody at 2-3-2. Great layout, which more than makes up for the 767s slightly slower cruise speed compared to the frequent 777s and 787s which are quicker but much tighter in economy. The 777 originally designed for 9-abreast seating has been recently crammed with 10 across (3-4-3) by most airlines. Similarly the glorious 787 Dreamliner, designed for 8-abreast has been really ruined with its 9 across seating (3-3-3). 

rated:
Yes, just in time to leave the country.

rated:
Also available directly via delta.com. Also good for Beijing (PEK)

rated:
Good deal

rated:
jschuman said:   Yes, just in time to leave the country.
  Now the "A" listers can afford to keep good on their word.  Too bad it's round trip, but maybe there'll be a stiff tariff for importing from China if they come back?

rated:
Thanks - booked 4 tickets to Beijing for Spring break. Note - as Americans, we will need to get a Visa which adds $140/per person.

rated:
Qzic said:   Thanks - booked 4 tickets to Beijing for Spring break. Note - as Americans, we will need to get a Visa which adds $140/per person.
 If you can convince the consulate staff, you can get a 10-year visa. So that averages to $14/year per person, or $1.17/month. 

And guess why China charges US citizens $140 while charging others $30? Hint: USA didn't hesitate when we raised our visa fees.

rated:
Costcoer said:   
Qzic said:   Thanks - booked 4 tickets to Beijing for Spring break. Note - as Americans, we will need to get a Visa which adds $140/per person.
 If you can convince the consulate staff, you can get a 10-year visa. So that averages to $14/year per person, or $1.17/month. 

And guess why China charges US citizens $140 while charging others $30? Hint: USA didn't hesitate when we raised our visa fees.

I got mine through a service that acquired it from the consulate about 2 years ago.  My understanding is you only get 10 years if the passport has 10 years remaining.  Mine had only been renewed two years prior so I essentially got 8 years.
If you have 2 years remaining on your passport that is all the visa is good for.  It can't be transferred to a new passport.

I enjoyed my trip two years ago.  The smog wasn't bad at all but from recent reports it looks brutal of late.  I would like to go back but not eager to wade around in that muck.

rated:
  I'd add a side trip to Hong Kong or Vietnam to avoid the Chinese Visa fees. You can have a visa-free stay in major Chinese cities for up to 150 hours if your next destination is out of mainland China. $140 can buy you hotels and some good food in Vietnam. 

rated:
cohcoh said:   
  I'd add a side trip to Hong Kong or Vietnam to avoid the Chinese Visa fees. You can have a visa-free stay in major Chinese cities for up to 150 hours if your next destination is out of mainland China. $140 can buy you hotels and some good food in Vietnam. 

Vietnam changed their visa fee (they always had one, but at a reduced price), to somewhere in the triple digits.  Your plan wouldn't work so great in this case...

rated:
rushhound said:     I got mine through a service that acquired it from the consulate about 2 years ago.  My understanding is you only get 10 years if the passport has 10 years remaining.  Mine had only been renewed two years prior so I essentially got 8 years.
If you have 2 years remaining on your passport that is all the visa is good for.  It can't be transferred to a new passport.

I enjoyed my trip two years ago.  The smog wasn't bad at all but from recent reports it looks brutal of late.  I would like to go back but not eager to wade around in that muck.

I just picked mine up from the Chinese Embassy in Greece.  As a side bonus, the visa fee in Europe for Americans is only 115 Euro and at the current exchange rate is only $122.  Not a big savings, but since where I live there is no Chinese consulate, I would have used one of the 3rd party processing companies (which adds $100 to $200 to the price of the visa).  I was in Athens for work for a week and there was a consulate here so I went ahead and got the visa there.

My passport only has 3 years left, but I requested a 10 year visa anyway.  The options were 1 year or 10 year (same price) so requested the 10 year since I could get 3 years out of it.  When I picked it up, there was a note that a visa in an expired passport could be used to enter China as long as the name, sex, birth date, and nationality were the same in the new passport.  So you get the full 10 years at the cost of carrying around your expired passport when you travel to China.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017