posted 2 months ago by
psxzombie
Addicted Member

Not exactly a hot deal, but if you need one, then this is the current lowest price, though it has been $37.99 in the past ... updated link 

Use Coupon OBIDEAL1

• Works With Google Voice
  • Easy To Set-Up
  • Also Supports T.38 Fax And Sip Bring Your Own Device Services Like Anveo Callcentric, VoIP. MS, Etc.
  • Works with Google Voice
  • Easy to Set-Up Using OBiTALK.com
  • Also Supports T.38 Fax and SIP Bring Your Own Device Services like Anveo Callcentric, Voip.ms, etc.
  • Works with Up to Four (4) VoIP Services Across One (1) Phone Port
  • 1x USB for Obihai Accessories OBiWiFi and OBiBT

Update:
T-Mobile Sim $3.99 link if you need to port your landline

Use Coupon SIMDEAL (Dead as of 1/25)

29 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I get this, "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

Can I ask whether you received the code by mail or if just appeared on the webpage?  I figure it was the latter. Thanks.

rated:
RJG said:   I get this, "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."
  Same thing for me as well.

rated:
RJG said:   I get this, "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."
Sorry, must be "Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon. "

Try this link  (original link updated above)

rated:
The detail on the email I got is:
Make sure: "Please note that the discount is only valid if the OBi200 is “Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon.”"

and I don't get this part, how would they know: "EXCLUSIVELY for OBi100 and OBi110 Owners Only"
------------------------------
EOL: End of Life for the OBi100 and OBi110

On August 12, 2016, the OBi100 and OBi110 were announced End of Life (EOL). With EOL, Obihai will no longer develop and release software updates for these devices. 2017 is also the last year you can purchase Premium Support for the OBi100 and OBi110.

The OBi100 and OBi110 were great products – paving the way for the newer generation of OBi VoIP devices with higher-performance and more advanced features. Specifically, the OBi2 Series products – the OBi200 is the replacement products for the OBi100 and OBi110. We also have the OBi202 to serve the same purpose, but with a second phone port and a built-in Ethernet router/switch port.

EXCLUSIVELY for OBi100 and OBi110 Owners Only

Get the OBi200 for Only $39.98 Thru Sunday*

Get $10.01 Off on the OBi200 with Amazon Promo Coupon Code: OBIDEAL1
To facilitate a successful transition to the OBi200, we are offering all OBi100 and OBi110 users an exclusive discount of $10.01 on the OBi200. To get the discount, Click Here, add the OBi200 to your cart and apply OBIDEAL1 in the promotion code field at checkout. Please note that the discount is only valid if the OBi200 is “Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon.”
*This promotion expires on Sunday, January 30th at 11:59 PM Pacific, or when supplies run-out.

rated:
deleted

rated:
Does anyone see any urgency to actually jump from the OBi100? I don't want any of the additional features.

rated:
I'll be the first one to say it,since there's always someone. I just ordered this 12 hours ago at the higher price. Can't cancel. AMZN says no adjustments.

rated:
Did not understand the Tmobile SIM link here. If I wanted to port my landline, how does the Tmobile link come in here? Please clarifiy. Landline->Tmobile->OBi

rated:
nitesurfer said:   Did not understand the Tmobile SIM link here. If I wanted to port my landline, how does the Tmobile link come in here? Please clarifiy. Landline->Tmobile->OBi
  To port your landline to Google Voice (which gives you free local and long distance with the OBI200), you need to first port it to a mobile carrier (T-Mobile), then port from the mobile carrier to Google voice. I did it with my landline and it was a pretty painless process.

rated:
montee4 said:   
nitesurfer said:   Did not understand the Tmobile SIM link here. If I wanted to port my landline, how does the Tmobile link come in here? Please clarifiy. Landline->Tmobile->OBi
  To port your landline to Google Voice (which gives you free local and long distance with the OBI200), you need to first port it to a mobile carrier (T-Mobile ), then port from the mobile carrier to Google voice. I did it with my landline and it was a pretty painless process.

To add to that, if you don't get the $3.99 SIM (or cheaper) from T-Mobile, they will charge you $20 for one if you just walk into a T-Mobile store to do it.

Sometimes there are $0.99 deals if you have time to wait.

rated:
If you paid a higher rate recently, check to see if your credit card does price matching.  I know the new Citi Costco Visa card does.

rated:
I bought an obi 110 a few years ago and never hooked it up.  Does google voice still work? I'd love to have a second voip landline.  I'm using ooma now.

rated:
My Obi100 is working fine as well, don't really see a reason to switch. And this "big exclusive sale" (which is neither) is a bit insulting, since it has been cheaper in the past.

Has anyone switched and noticed an improvement in call quality or anything?

rated:
AlwaysWrite said:   My Obi100 is working fine as well, don't really see a reason to switch. And this "big exclusive sale" (which is neither) is a bit insulting, since it has been cheaper in the past.

I have both a OBI100 and OBI200. I don't notice any difference in quality. Unless you are a geek and want to get into the features and build out dial plans for other VoiP services, for most (especially using Google Voice) the OBI100 works just fine.

One thing I did see that causes me some concern is that in the newly released Google Voice website (announced yesterday) there is no option to forward calls to "Google Chat" which is how you do the setup on the Google Voice side of things for the OBI devices to work. You can still get to the Legacy Google Voice site from the new one to complete this setup, but I am hoping that they build that functionality in to the new site and not just shut it off. With Google you never know.

rated:
icecow said:   I bought an obi 110 a few years ago and never hooked it up.  Does google voice still work? I'd love to have a second voip landline.  I'm using ooma now.
  Works like a champ.   I'm using it now.

rated:
Montee4, thanks for the response. That's what I figured. I use the thing every day and don't mind $40 to upgrade if there is some benefit (I have received my money's worth many times over). But it seems if it ain't broke, no point in fixing it.

rated:
drodge said:   
icecow said:   I bought an obi 110 a few years ago and never hooked it up.  Does google voice still work? I'd love to have a second voip landline.  I'm using ooma now.

I don't even know what to hook the 110 up to.  I heard a few years ago google voice no longer supported free voip through the 110, but recently I think someone was posting that they were still using google voice.  

And if not google voice, then what other services can the 110 be connected to, and roughtly how much do they charge?

Anyone?

rated:
icecow said:   
drodge said:   

I don't even know what to hook the 110 up to.  I heard a few years ago google voice no longer supported free voip through the 110, but recently I think someone was posting that they were still using google voice.  

And if not google voice, then what other services can the 110 be connected to, and roughtly how much do they charge?

Anyone?

Definitely not correct, it works just fine with Google Voice.  There was an unsubstantiated rumor a couple of years ago they were dropping Google Voice support altogether, it never came through.     Have you looked at the OBI interface?   It's pretty self explanatory as far as setting up Google Voice to work with it.   Someone posted above, and I've heard elsewhere, that you have to use the old interface to enable the Google Chat option, which you need.

rated:
I just logged into my Google Voice account and nothing has changed, so I'm not sure if certain people see a different interface, or what. You go into settings and check the box that says "Forward calls to Google Chat". Then go into the Obi interface, enter your google account info, and that's it. It's been working fine for me for years.

rated:
to answer some concerns:

@beatme
if you get some warranty upgrade notice, just download the newer firmware
the OBI100 can support 2 SIPs
the OBI200 can support 4 SIPs

@nitesurfer
T-Mobile ports any phone number for free
T-Mobile sims give you 30 minutes/30 texts free, which is ideal for google to call and verify your newly ported number before you port to google voice ($20)

@icecow
you can forward any number/text from google voice
you can pay for any VOIP service you want (callcentric, voip.ms, etc.), prices vary
people who drop the landline can get 911 service for $1.50/month from callcentric and others

rated:
Icecow, do you need help physically connecting, or just setting up the service?

rated:
AlwaysWrite said:   My Obi100 is working fine as well, don't really see a reason to switch. And this "big exclusive sale" (which is neither) is a bit insulting, since it has been cheaper in the past.

I was looking to get any Obihai cheap, but the prices are at a premium on eBay, so maybe one could turn a profit there?

rated:
drodge said:   I just logged into my Google Voice account and nothing has changed, so I'm not sure if certain people see a different interface, or what. You go into settings and check the box that says "Forward calls to Google Chat". Then go into the Obi interface, enter your google account info, and that's it. It's been working fine for me for years.
  See the attached screen shot. Old interface (left) vs. New interface (right). Notice on the new interface there is no Google Chat option anymore.

rated:

I've been using my Obi 100 for several years now. The only issues were changes made by Google a couple of times that necessitated firmware updates from Obi to reflect Google's changes.  What Obi is saying is that there won't be anymore firmware updates for the 100 series, so the next time Google makes a change, we may find our 100 series devices will no longer work with GoogleVoice. 

FWIW, I bought a 200 over the Holidays that is still sitting in its box, but with the recently announced interface changes to GoogleVoice I am thinking that I should switch over as something could change behind the scenes in the near future. 

rated:
[q=montee4;19772768 said:UE]
drodge said:   I just logged into my Google Voice account and nothing has changed, so I'm not sure if certain people see a different interface, or what. You go into settings and check the box that says "Forward calls to Google Chat". Then go into the Obi interface, enter your google account info, and that's it. It's been working fine for me for years.
  See the attached screen shot. Old interface (left) vs. New interface (right). Notice on the new interface there is no Google Chat option anymore.

Interesting.  When I go to voice.google.com, it still brings up the old interface for me.  I have seen some posts saying you can still get into the old one by using a different URL.  For anyone considering using the OBI now or in the future, they should probably enable that feature using the old interface while you still can, even if you're not using it today.    Google has said publicly they intent to keep this functionality for at least some partners, so they can't really disable it completely.   They can pretty easily remove the toggle though, and looks like they did that already.

rated:
drodge said:   
[q=montee4;19772768 said:UE]

Interesting.  When I go to voice.google.com, it still brings up the old interface for me.  I have seen some posts saying you can still get into the old one by using a different URL.  For anyone considering using the OBI now or in the future, they should probably enable that feature using the old interface while you still can, even if you're not using it today.    Google has said publicly they intent to keep this functionality for at least some partners, so they can't really disable it completely.   They can pretty easily remove the toggle though, and looks like they did that already.

I get the new interface when I log in with IE but the old interface when I log in with Chrome. I have no clue how it is deciding what I see.

rated:
I just tried Safari and Chrome on Mac and both Edge and Chrome on Windows. All of them get me the old interface.

rated:
Just got the new interface using chrome.

To revert to the old interface, click on the left panel for "More ..." and click "Legacy Google Voice"

rated:
psxzombie said:   
  I was looking to get any Obihai cheap, but the prices are at a premium on eBay, so maybe one could turn a profit there?

It is now on sale for $35 at Newegg. Like I said, this $40 special to OBi100 customers was an insult.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017