posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

I remember signing up for this back when there was a code for a free membership. It was ok - but I didn't take advantage of it much.

CPAESQ said:   I remember signing up for this back when there was a code for a free membership. It was ok - but I didn't take advantage of it much.

Same.

it would be worth it if most of my Amazon packages still shipped UPS, but these days it seems only about a quarter of them come UPS. the rest are delivered by USPS. I'm not complaining, as my mail typically shows up hours before the UPS truck.

My UPS packages always come after dark .... I've been using USPS for that very reason. 
Hate deliveries after dark!

FirebirdGA said:   My UPS packages always come after dark .... I've been using USPS for that very reason. 

One of the features of MyChoice is the ability to schedule deliveries.

jhburgess said:   
FirebirdGA said:   My UPS packages always come after dark .... I've been using USPS for that very reason. 

That is the best feature I feel. I have been using MyChoice for almost four years now.

JNews said:   
jhburgess said:   

That is the best feature I feel. I have been using MyChoice for almost four years now.

For me even using MyChoice I get USPS deliveries sooner than UPS.

even 10$ is not worth it

Unlimited Free Deliveries to Another Address -no use
Unlimited Free Deliveries on Another Day -no use
Unlimited Free UPS SurePost® Upgrades -i rarely get packages with surepost
Two Free Confirmed Delivery Windows -so i wasted 10$ just to know what time 2 of my packages supposed to arrive?

netnerd said:   even 10$ is not worth it

Unlimited Free Deliveries to Another Address -no use
Unlimited Free Deliveries on Another Day -no use
Unlimited Free UPS SurePost® Upgrades -i rarely get packages with surepost
Two Free Confirmed Delivery Windows -so i wasted 10$ just to know what time 2 of my packages supposed to arrive?

You forgot the hand-over to the collection agency when you forget to renew.

I once signed up for a free trial of this but never used it. Then when they emailed me a year later for their $40 renewal I just ignored it thinking that they would go away. Well they did, soft of. They handed over the $40 debt to a collection agency and then went away. The collection agency didn't go away in a hurry though. Not until I got back onto UPS and raised hell. I'm not saying that none of this was my fault, but the information might help some.

Can you use this to renew? If so, I couldn't find anywhere to do the renewal. Anyone find the link to the right page?

Got it on the last deal. It's great.

To those whining about UPS My Choice auto-renewal, you can easily prevent that from happening.

1. Log on to ups.com.
2. Select "Access UPS My Choice" under the "Tracking" tab.
3. Select the "My Settings" tab.
-- Your membership info displays your auto-renewal setting, near the bottom.
4. If needed, click "Edit" to the right of "Update My Name or Address"
5. Near the bottom, deselect (uncheck) "I want UPS to automatically renew my membership."
6. Click "Save Changes" at the bottom.
-- Your membership info should now show "DO NOT AUTO-RENEW"

Btw this is a great deal if you order a lot from Amazon and have gotten bitten by the UPS handovers to USPS...

You can have packages delivered to a different address charge free as well, I do a lot of traveling and have stuff forwarded to the hotel I stay

DaveFarmington said:   Can you use this to renew? If so, I couldn't find anywhere to do the renewal. Anyone find the link to the right page?
  I don't think so - I looked last month for a way to take advantage of a special deal on a new annual membership while I was already a member, and I couldn't find any way to do it from within my account.

One benefit that I like is that they let you redirect packages to a UPS Store to be held for you for up to 7 days.

Thanks for this.

If you do a Vacation Hold, UPS will charge you $5/package held or rerouted. If you are UPS Premium, this service is included in the annual fee.

Sensor said:   Thanks for this.

If you do a Vacation Hold, UPS will charge you $5/package held or rerouted. If you are UPS Premium, this service is included in the annual fee.

I use Vacation Hold a lot and that alone makes it worth the money for me.

This is one of those add-ons akin to undercoating and scotchguard  on cars. The USPS has made leaps and bounds in the parcel sector as their volume has exploded and they realize this is where the $$ is for survival of their future. USPS has a reputation for higher rate of damage, but take into account they also accept inept packaging such as sweaters in paper envelopes and anything that rattles when shaken.  UPS is becoming like the airlines, next a surcharge if you want your delivery guy to wear a bowtie

Thanks OP. I've wanted this service for vacations (it always seems that when I'm out of town, Amazon decides to speed up a delivery) and I hate asking neighbors to come pull stuff off the front porch.

where i live USPS is still much better at delivering notices than they are at delivering parcels.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017